• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
As someone who uses this application a lot, it's kinda disappointing that you can't make more than six new series without others getting shifted down further with no way to access them. I think a scroll bar should be added to the series bar, and I would do it myself, but it's beyond my low, low level of programming knowledge.

T0M.V.12

Smash Rookie
Could anybody tell me if there is an easy way (without serious coding etc.) to change the character info for custom icons you've imported by yourself, so that they nicely line up with their series instead of appearing at the bottom in italics. Thanks in advance!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I have a couple of requests, mainly as artwork updates for existing characters. Can anyone fulfill these?

This Master Chief is better than the one in the Maker, IMO.

And if possible, higher quality versions of Nathan Drake's and Sackboy's icons based on PSASBR. The default ones look a bit low-quality.

Thanks in advance! In addition, since looking back in the thread has been fruitless, does anyone have some Snake icons that are more in line with Smash 4's art style?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I have a couple of requests, mainly as artwork updates for existing characters. Can anyone fulfill these?

And if possible, higher quality versions of Nathan Drake's and Sackboy's icons based on PSASBR. The default ones look a bit low-quality.

Thanks in advance! In addition, since looking back in the thread has been fruitless, does anyone have some Snake icons that are more in line with Smash 4's art style?
Where did you get that Lara Croft? Looks like the new one with the old costume...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Where did you get that Lara Croft? Looks like the new one with the old costume...
Basically the process went like this.

- Opened Roster Maker
- Thought, "Huh, Lara Croft could use an update."
- Googled "Lara Croft render" to try to find a HQ one.
- Thought this one looked neat. :p

Kind of just randomly found it. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What are you making?
At the moment, nothing in particular, haha. Just doing a somewhat-routine icon update like I do every once in a while. I just tend to do those of notable characters more often, so that's why I needed some of these guys. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
At the moment, nothing in particular, haha. Just doing a somewhat-routine icon update like I do every once in a while. I just tend to do those of notable characters more often, so that's why I needed some of these guys. :p
Oh, well, I think your were the one who made a roster with the most prominent game characters ever, so...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

I was in the process of cooking up a new batch. so I added yours in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was in the process of cooking up a new batch. so I added yours in.
Awesome man, thanks! Though if it's not too much to ask, could I get them a tad bit zoomed out more, if it's not too much trouble? They're awesome though, haha. :p

Thanks a bunch for being speedy, too!

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Awesome man, thanks! Though if it's not too much to ask, could I get them a tad bit zoomed out more, if it's not too much trouble? They're awesome though, haha. :p

Thanks a bunch for being speedy, too!
Gotcha.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Thanks, SilverAge! They look fantastic.

I have three more requests, if anyone has the time. No rush.

Elma:

Medusa (if I could get more of a close-up on her face, that'd be great; the current one has a little too much hair / snakes and it's hard to make out the details):

And just in case, a single Chorus Kid:

MidknightMasquerade

Smash Rookie
So I have a strange problem that I hope someone can help me with. I hadn't updated my Roster Maker in a LONG time, so I decided to do it today. I had gotten the error message, so I replaced the old .jar file, as Jakor instructed us to. Opened it, it worked, I downloaded the update aaaaaand...nothing. I still have an old interface. The icons are new - Mewtwo and Lucas' icons are from their new DLC, for instance, but it doesn't look like the interface shown in the preview on the first page of this topic. I restarted the program several times and even restarted my computer. Any ideas why it looks like it does? For reference's sake, the interface looks generally the same, but the bottom of the screen has only buttons for the 64/Melee/Brawl/Wii U/DS Rosters and nothing else (I wanna say from 7.0 or 8.0, maybe?), which is why I realized the interface looks different

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've decided to go with :4ryu:, I've finally decided to redo my out of date Chun-Li & Evil Ryu icons to match the Smash 4 artstyle as close as possible (Super Smash Bros. Crusade was the reason I had those Street Fighter characters in the first place). And I've decided to share them here:

Chun-Li was taken from a heavily edited Street Fighter V picture while Evil Ryu was taken from a heavily edited Street Fighter IV picture (for the icon with both normal & Evil forms, I had to remove the back of :4ryu:'s headband so it didn't block Evil Ryu's face).

Enjoy!

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
...and another request without a background.Swell.
James McCloud
3 reasons.
1:It's high time he got a better quality icon than the one he already has in the program.
2:A while back when I was arguing with a friend over Wolf,he says "Just put in Fox with sunglasses.DADDY FOX COMES TO PLAY COPYCAT!"
3.Father's Day.

darkreyeder

Smash Rookie
Just a suggestion...

Do you think you could add in the option to put slots halfway between slots above and below it? Like how the Wii U roster is set up?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Made some new icons.

Edit: Also made icons for Chun-Li and Ryu from Streets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom