• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
It's best to just wait another day or two when we get the actual renders, we are SO close to the release of the game so what's the point?

EDIT: THAT AIN'T FALCO!!!

Last edited:

BenTray

Smash Cadet
Can someone do Alph?

Edit: Somehow the pic sometimes doesn't seem to work...

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Could I get one using this Pauline (or some form of Pauline that uses her 3D model)?
Also, could I get one of Lord Fredrik from Tropical Freeze?? The one that's currently available is actually an image of Fish Poker Pops, not Fredrik, thanks!
Here's Pauline

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Not sure how I feel about that final roster. (Ive been following the streams. ) I won't spoil anything other than, R.I.P two of my favorite characters. Wolf and Lucas. Still happy however, over the fact that there are some great characters. I am going to buy this game no matter what.

Last edited:

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
I apologize to everyone for my behavior the other day. I know what I done wasn't right, it's just that the 8-Bit requests are now cancelled because of this... Now, to start off fresh, my newest requests are of some of my previous requests, but with a twist: Dojo-styled. Let me start the list:

Lyndsay: Ocean-Blue Background
Catbug: Neon-Green Background
Tiff: Hot Pink Background
Morcubus: Blood-Red Background
Buddy: "Cosmic Latte" Background
Thwomp: Stone-Gray Background

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
New series icons (Not really as proud of the Electroplankton one since I had to shorten the **** out of it's name)

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice

ok guys i'm gonna go crawl in a hole somewhere now

don't think i've been this disappointed in a long, long time

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman

ok guys i'm gonna go crawl in a hole somewhere now

don't think i've been this disappointed in a long, long time
Don't worry. I know that sad feel. Thank you for these though.
Oh and I'm gonna mention one thing that pesters me a bit. Sakurai specifically said he disliked clones right? Well, if he disliked clones there would be almost none in the game correct? That would only make sense. Well than, if that's the case, let's go over how many clones are in the game.

-Lucina
-Sheik
-Zero suit samus
-Dr Mario
-Toon link
-Ganondorf (same moveset as captain falcon pretty much)
-Dark Pit
-Falco

Wow, so 8 characters are clones? That's great. He hates them so much, yet puts 8 in game. Great job Sakurai.

Now I'm going to go over what should have happened. You know how the koopalings are selectable from bowser jr's slot correct? And how alph is selectable from olimars slot? Well, here's how it should be.

Sheik selectable from Zelda's slot. Zero suit samus selectable from Samus's slot, Dark pit selectable from pits slot. Dr mario selectable from marios slot. Toon link selectable from links slot. Lucina possibly selectable from marths slot, but I wouldint mind her taking up her own slot. If she did, and all the others I mentioned eearlier (ZSS, TL, DP, Sheik and DM ) were on the slots they should be, we would have 5 free slots for brand new characters. I'm okay with Ganon and Falco having there own slots as well, so they are fine where they are, since they are different people, same goes for lucina. BUT, ZSS, TL, DP and DM are all characters that are already playable, therefore they shouldint have there own slot. Dr mario is still mario. Sheik is still zelda. Zero suit samus is still samus. Toon link is still link. Dark pit is still pit.

So, if those people were put in there own slots, as I said. We would have 5 free whole slots for new characters as I already said. 5 slots. Those could be filled by hmm Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Ice climbers, Ridley/someotherperson people want. The possibilities are endless, since he left out so many good characters. Lucas and Wolf are personally two of my favorites, so that hit me kind of hard. There was no reason not to include them. Why cant I have a giant landmaster battle?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Oh and I'm gonna mention one thing that pesters me a bit. Sakurai specifically said he disliked clones right? Well, if he disliked clones there would be almost none in the game correct? That would only make sense. Well than, if that's the case, let's go over how many clones are in the game.

-Lucina
-Sheik
-Zero suit samus
-Dr Mario
-Toon link
-Dark Pit
-Falco

Wow, so 8 characters are clones? That's great. He hates them so much, yet puts 8 in game. Great job Sakurai.
Who are ZSS and Sheik clones of again? I'd also go as far to say that Falco is different enough to not be considered a clone.

EDIT: So this isn't iconless, I'll say I'm working on some icons currently. ;)

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Who are ZSS and Sheik clones of again? I'd also go as far to say that Falco is different enough to not be considered a clone.

EDIT: So this isn't iconless, I'll say I'm working on some icons currently. ;)
Yeah as I said, I'm okay with Falco having his own slot. I love falco, fox and wolf personally. XD ZSS is zero suit samus. ; u ; so a clone of....well samus. Sheik is a clone of zelda. I just dont see how we cant have the same person on the same slot. If we have different people on the same slot. ; u ; (Alph and olimar together on one slot yet they are different) but we have dark pit and pit on different spots yet same person. You know what I mean? I already ranted about this as you saw, so yeah.

R.I.P Wolf & Lucas.

Icons.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Yeah as I said, I'm okay with Falco having his own slot. I love falco, fox and wolf personally. XD ZSS is zero suit samus. ; u ; so a clone of....well samus. Sheik is a clone of zelda. I just dont see how we cant have the same person on the same slot. If we have different people on the same slot. ; u ; (Alph and olimar together on one slot yet they are different) but we have dark pit and pit on different spots yet same person. You know what I mean? I already ranted about this as you saw, so yeah.

R.I.P Wolf & Lucas.

Icons.
Ah, I thought you meant like moveset clones. Sorry then.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I thought you meant like moveset clones. Sorry then.
Don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong silly. XD Dark pit is a moveset clone though. But yeah zero suit samus and shiek have different moves, but so does alph and the koopalings, they have some alts, and the announcer even says there name, so why are they on a slot with someone else, yet dark pit gets his own along with the others I mentioned. Makes no sense.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053

-Lucina
-Sheik
-Zero suit samus
-Dr Mario
-Toon link
-Dark Pit
-Falco

Now I'm going to go over what should have happened. You know how the koopalings are selectable from bowser jr's slot correct? And how alph is selectable from olimars slot? Well, here's how it should be.

Sheik selectable from Zelda's slot. Zero suit samus selectable from Samus's slot, Dark pit selectable from pits slot. Dr mario selectable from marios slot. Toon link selectable from links slot. Lucina possibly selectable from marths slot, but I wouldint mind her taking up her own slot. If she did, and all the others I mentioned eearlier (ZSS, TL, DP, Sheik and DM ) were on the slots they should be, we would have 5 free slots for brand new characters. I'm okay with Ganon and Falco having there own slots as well, so they are fine where they are, since they are different people, same goes for lucina. BUT, ZSS, TL, DP and DM are all characters that are already playable, therefore they shouldint have there own slot. Dr mario is still mario. Sheik is still zelda. Zero suit samus is still samus. Toon link is still link. Dark pit is still pit.

So, if those people were put in there own slots, as I said. We would have 5 free whole slots for new characters as I already said. 5 slots. Those could be filled by hmm Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Ice climbers, Ridley/someotherperson people want. The possibilities are endless, since he left out so many good characters. Lucas and Wolf are personally two of my favorites, so that hit me kind of hard. There was no reason not to include them. Why cant I have a giant landmaster battle?
You misunderstand how SSB development works. They don't set a limit for how many slots there are in the roster. The only limit is development time. So they make as many unique characters as possible in the allotted time, and then use the remaining scraps of time to make clones, since clones take much less time than original characters. If all the clones were selectable from the same squares as their clonees, there wouldn't be any more characters, there would just be less squares, which is kinda pointless. The clones are total bonus, and don't compete with unique characters for development time. In fact, Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit originated as alt costumes like Alph, but were given a couple different properties and their own slots because the team had some extra time.

Also, neither Sheik nor Zero Suit Samus are clones. They used to be transformations, but they share virtually no moves with their former transformees. And Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Falco are not true clones either; they are what people here refer to as pseudo-clones. While Ganondorf and Falco were full clones in Melee, since Brawl they have had a lot of moves with their own unique animations or properties. There are only 3 true clones in SSB4, with another 3 pseudo-clones.

On topic, if anyone has the time, could they make icons for the SSB4 unlockable characters with generic backgrounds? If so, that would be splendid!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

R.I.P Wolf & Lucas.

Icons.
Clones mean that they have the same moveset.

If you mean the same character, than that would mean that Ganodorf, Lucina, and Dark Pit aren't clones.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
I have a bunch of Kirby requests, I would have liked to do these myself but unfortunately my skills are too low to do things like cutting out the backgrounds without ruining the image. In other words I'm still a newb.

King Doo

King Doo EX

Kibble Blade

Kibble Blade EX

Gigant Edge

Gigant Edge EX

Also since this already had a transparent background I was able to make an icon for Iron Mam. I chose fantendo art because it was 3D and I find 2D art harder to create into an icon if you want to preserve its quality.

I also made Red Star/Flying Mario but didn't want to post it by itself
I couldn't find art of Flying Luigi in his CSS pose :(. Also, I have no idea how to make the white outlines so if anyone would like to tell me an easy way of doing so that'd be awesome.

Last edited:

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Icons of these clone pairs together:
Mario/Dr. Mario
Pit/Dark Pit
Marth/Lucina

Because I firmly believe they should have been alternate characters, not have separate slots.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think the roster maker thread should stay open longer than the rest of the Smash 4 character discussion threads. Some of us want icons of the remaining characters using the official renders.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Working on non-dojo versions, will do alts after that. Anybody know how to add the white outline easily? Otherwise they probably won't have one.

Chase

Smash Ace
Working on non-dojo versions, will do alts after that. Anybody know how to add the white outline easily? Otherwise they probably won't have one.
I paste the image, color it white, place a smaller version of the image inside it, and blur it.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think the roster maker thread should stay open longer than the rest of the Smash 4 character discussion threads. Some of us want icons of the remaining characters using the official renders.
I think that, if the mods don't wanna do this, then they should make some kind of thread that has a link to this thread when it's inevitably locked. Some people are gonna want to download the program long after these threads are archived so it's best to include a link to this thread somehow.

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
Please, PLEASE don't ignore me... :'(
I apologize to everyone for my behavior the other day. I know what I done wasn't right, it's just that the 8-Bit requests are now cancelled because of this... Now, to start off fresh, my newest requests are of some of my previous requests, but with a twist: Dojo-styled. Let me start the list:

Lyndsay: Ocean-Blue Background
Catbug: Neon-Green Background
Tiff: Hot Pink Background
Morcubus: Blood-Red Background
Buddy: "Cosmic Latte" Background
Thwomp: Stone-Gray Background

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace

Next up is the Koopalings, Alph, Classic Warrio, and probably a few other costumes like Link's and Samus'.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I have a bunch of Star Wars requests amidst the others from other people.

Han Solo

Chewbacca

Count Dooku

Emperor Palpatine

Lando

Princess Leia

Commander Cody

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since the board is going kablooie soon, shall I move this to the art section?

Top Bottom