• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Subspace Army Attacks!

K

Kinnikuman

I think he looks bigger than he is if he was actually playable like when it’s a cutscene he is a big strong monster but then in a battle he is bowser’s size.

K

Kinnikuman

Does anyone else think that the ancient minister is really an evil dude in disguise like BOWSER JR.!!!!!!!!!

M

masher 14

Man, I really wanna see the vid feturing Mario and Kirby fighting before the Meta-ship drops the bomb guys on them…

K

Keyfire

Oh and Mic you SAY that its unlike metaknight, but I recently had a big discussion with a friend over metaknight. We’ve both played a good number of kirby games, but each a different selection. And we’ve gained very different impressions of him.

I think exactly the same as you, that metaknight is not evil or a villain and does what he thinks is best for dreamland. He only ever goes against kirby in order to stop him releasing the big final boss or cus the real metaknights trapped and an evil mirror version has disguised itself as him etc.
But, this friend thinks differently. He’s played kirby superstar and apparently metaknight is the main badguy in it. Looking at wikipedia, it seems he attempted to take over dreamland to put an end to its lazy lifestyle. Or ‘to inflict a harsh totalitarian rule’ as my friend puts it. Apparently his secondary goal is to kill kirby to get his revenge for being beaten (the mode is called ‘Revenge of Metaknight’. Actually kill, not beat. He still has honour, and lets kirby pick up a sword, but if you stall too long he actually starts the fight anyway.

Im not sure about it myself, it just doesnt sound like the impression of metaknight that I have, but there’s all these instances in the games that could be taken as being pretty menacing. My friend puts metaknights saving of the world down not to pure good intentions, but saving it so that there’s still a world to take over.
And if you look at the kirby games that Sakurai actually produced where metaknight is present, Kirbys Adventure & Superstar, it starts to look more likely. He doesn’t play that big a role in adventure (I personally always assumed his intentions were good, just as dedede’s were. But only dedede’s true intentions are actually mentioned in the ending, not metaknights).
The rest of the games he’s been in have come afterwards and weren’t produced by Sakurai. They were also influenced by the anime according to my friend, which Sakurai also had nothing to do with and where metaknight was a legendary hero.
So we might have been given completely the wrong impression of metaknight as Sakurai see’s him for years now. He might be repositioning him much more as HE see’s metaknight. And that just might be as a villain.

(I hope not, hope he’s just had the halberd stolen from him, but the fact he still hasn’t been revealed on the dojo is really odd…)

M

masher 14

Hey, a little thing Ive noticed about the Purple blob guys is that if you look closely, they have a logo or icon on their cheast that looks like a red pac-man. Just saying that.
(Although I Freaking PRAY that it doesnt mean fighting Pac-man or really anything o do with Pac-man…)

W

WeAreVenom

I wonder if the bomb doesn’t literally destroy everything, but it transports the stadium into subspace. if so, i wonder if we can play on two variations of the stadium.

Oh, what are these people doing here? They have no reason, so i wonder who the Ancient Minister is working for…

W

WeAreVenom

I don’t think Metaknight is evil, but i have a feeling that Sakurai thinks otherwise. I mean, his halberd’s there, and we don’t have a character update. I say Metaknight is the character that you unlock by beating SSE the first time.

F

fox23234

if metaknite were evil he probobly has helpers which is where petey, the minister and the minions come in but if metaknite is the main bad guy then kirby will probobly be the one who beats him thus stealing all the glory and putting others to the side

but when you play as metaknite you probly have the final fight and destroy them BUT when the cutscene comes in it shows him losing, or you just lose.

W

WeAreVenom

Assuming that the character stories are different, then i think he’ll start off evil, change his ways and in the end will turn on the Ancient Minister, realizing that what he’s doing is wrong.

If the story is the same, then i wonder if they force you to play as certain characters. If they let you play as anybody (likely due to the first screenshots), then why not have two metaknights? or maybe the shadow Metaknight from the amazing mirror will come back (and be a costume change in multiplayer)

F

fox23234

sorry here you go …………………………………….,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,>:(

J

Jalapeno 64

I agree with the idea that the ancient minister is either a more popular character in disguise, or a robot

W

WeAreVenom

fox2324: you act like an eleven year old.

And stop spamming. MOM…chocolate milk, wow. try some dignity. don’t make youself out to be ten. I’m just asking that you mature.

W

Wii Wanderer

This is by far one of most interesting things i’ve seen so far

L

Lava

“Wow there ya go Mic, international relations for Smashboards! A historic event! lol”

That’s kind of funny because Mic is ALREADY part of Smash international relations. (Between the Australia and the US for the most part, though all other English speaking countries are involved with the community to some unknown degree.)

Mic, (or whoever wants to) be sure to let us know what, if anything, becomes of this.

M

Maric

I have a feeling that K.O. will work differently in the subspace emissary. I think it will have a stamina meeter where if you get hit so many times you just die or whatever, contrary to the multiplayer way of playing. Which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you look at it. For instance what if they have indoor areas.

M

Mr fN LeOn

U have a very intresting point maric dat seems like it has a good chance of happening

K

Karleko

Ok, this might not make any sense…to anyone, but it seems their showing Kirby as the protagonist in this Subspace Emissary, probably meaning that the person who is playing the new adventure mode has chosen to do so with Kirby.

Maybe, NOW just maybe, this is what you see when you choose to play with Kirby in “Emissary mode”, maybe because Kirby is chosen you see Meta-Knight’s ship as the “enemy”.

Because Meta-Knight is one of Kirby’s adversary’s.

What if you chose let’s say…Samus, maybe the Ancient Minister might arrive in a different type of transportation, because Samus has a different story and enemy.

This is just speculation, I could be completly of on this (which I probably am).

P

plankton614

Fear not: I hate Petey Piranha twice as much as anyone on Smashboards. Interesting as this update may be, and excited as I am for more insight into Adventure Mode, I’m thoroughly upset with the mere possibility of Petey as a PC in Brawl.

A

Animal 214

haha plankton if anything this shows that he wont be a playable charchter u c how big he was u think thats a charachter hes more of a boss thing

A

awesome ivan

ok, so lets just say there are 20 game universes. each one has an area with 3 stages and once you complete all 3 stages you get warped to the stadium fight a few primid, then you fight a boss thats within the universe eg. petey as the mario boss. so during the SSE you go to 5 game universes + your own or in 2 player 4 universes + both of yours. also, in each stage(remember theres 3 per universe) there is one subspace coin that look like the logo of the SSE that if you collect them the cutcenes are altered slightly thus sending you to game universes you wouldent normaly go to. well, i think its good ;)

M

Maric

To me it looks as though they may not have any of the character universes instead they seem to be putting the focus on an original smash world, and just adding enemies and the like from the corresponding characters universes.

J

Jalapeno 64

Maybe if you beat a boss enough times or in a special way, you will get to play as him. Like if you beat Petey Pirana three times or so with Mario, Petey will become a playable character.

KiD NiX

Smash Rookie
I’m pretty sure Petey is a boss, and this is Mario/Kirby Adventure mode… Or maybe you control more than one character per Game?

Remember the video at first, the Primid appears, and on a screenshot, we see mario in the arena fighting Primids. That’s what happens then. Then the video switch, and you see the Minister and the bomb and all. THEN Boss Battle, Kirby VS Petey Pirahna. That’s my guess. You will see, soon they will make a Boss category on the Dojo XD

Remember that Ridley song update? That’s the song that will play in the boss battle of Samus Adventure mode. But since Kirby fights Petey, it seems boss won’t necessarely be linked with the characters.

Remember how we see Yoshi and Link on a cliff for exemple.. This is either part of the opening movie with Mario and Kirby, or a different story. The Halberd is still on the picture tough….. Maybe yoshi will fight K Rool as a boss? And then Link fight Ridley? Other characters might interfere, we never know….

Top Bottom