• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The strongest Fsmash

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
well snake has ONE of the strongest fsmashes

more importantly this move is slow, but has deceptive range (not as much as D3 or Ike)
but i was curious, with such a strong move how can one not incorporate this move in their arsenal.

How do snake mains use the Fsmash effectively? Is it a scare tactic? do you use some sort of set up? Whats your opinion?

EDIT: not quiet as strong as ddd but its still up there.... its complicated

Douglas Jay Falcon

Smash Rookie
No.DDD's is stronger but only by a little bit damagewise.

As for when to use it I don't play Snake much but I would guess having a mine in front of you then use his Up smash and then Fsmash the other side.They might dodge roll into it :)

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
yeah i know ddd is stronger damage wise but in terms of knock back snake's dominates and kills at even lower % but ddd is right behind him and then ike

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
yeah i just did more tests and i see this lol

what i did was use a flat custom stage as long as possible and at 0% hit with the Fsmashes, and at 0% snakes goes further then d3s but as the damage builds d3s goes further, its confusing, i encourage people to try it, i was just trying to get the most controlled settings ya know.

lol false alarm , snakes still like top 4 tho at least.

Sergetrigger

Smash Cadet
This is another confirmation that Snake is actually Captain Falcon in disguise... His FALCAN PAWNCH! was replaced with the RPG fsmash. Both slow, both powerful. When you see Snake charging up the fsmash, he's actually just concentrating the power of the FALCAN PAWNCH into the rpg launcher so it can cause more damage.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
This is another confirmation that Snake is actually Captain Falcon in disguise... His FALCAN PAWNCH! was replaced with the RPG fsmash. Both slow, both powerful. When you see Snake charging up the fsmash, he's actually just concentrating the power of the FALCAN PAWNCH into the rpg launcher so it can cause more damage.
Huh :confused: wtf does captain falcon have to do with Snake, Snake come from MGS, Captain Falcon come from F-zero, One is a racing game other a action game they have no connection with each other, though it was funny :laugh:

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
One of the only times I use the f-smash is when I have just respawned and I walk up to my opponent and do an f-smash the opposite direction they are and a lot of the time they just roll behind you and don't know what hit them, pretty much the best mindgame ever...Just try it you'd be surprised how often it works.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use it when my opponent is rolling up from the ledge. I face the ledge, and jam the c stick backwards as they roll. At any percentage above 65-70, it's usually a kill.

shrodekill

Smash Cadet
i use it when they do stupid things, or if i totally trick them w/ explosives or downthrow. also fun to throw in as an edgeguard tool every once in awhile with its totally huge range.

waks

Smash Journeyman
I didnt read the first couple of posts, so sorry if this has been mentioned.

Most of the time fsmash is used is when anticipating a roll. Like, dthrow, then opponent rolls to your back + you start fsmashing to your back.

IronSquirrel891

Smash Apprentice
i use it when im fed up with someone else's ****.
just an "I am friggin done with you" move.
but yeah, of course i use it for spacing when i would rather spam nades/missles.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I find the Fsmash useless in singles. I've never been hit by it in singles. Doubles on the other hand, it sucks when you're teammate is off the edge and you get grabbed for an easy snake Fsmash, or with enough teamwork knock someone into the Fsmash, if yall perfect that snake will be even more annoying to fight in doubles.

Top Bottom