• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The strangest thing happened online

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
Now I know a lot of strange things happen online with brawl... from jiggly puffs continually exploding out of the screen, to people getting stuck under the final destination stage. Those are perfectly explainable as glitches.

But this cannot be a glitch:

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq342/Htaed1239/100_0398.jpg

HOME RUN CONTEST STAGE AS AN ONLINE STAGE!!!! HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANY OF YOU? I HAVE BEEN PLAYING BRAWL ONLINE FOR TWO YEARS.... and this appeared out of no where. There are no boundaries... you can run as far as you want.... be knocked as high as you want... and never die. Everyone started in the same spot. When the two minutes were up, sudden death happened and of course nobody could kill each other. Bombs of course came, but only under the left side of the "bat platform". All the players were screwing around, so I just ran into the bombs to see how far I could fly. I literally flew forever, then FELL forever, and then slowly fell under the screen completely(as you can see in the picture).

The game is still on in the other room! It's been 20 minutes! WHAT THE F*** PEOPLE?

Oh yeah, and this is my first post on the forum - I hope to be a viable member in the future! Also, I hope we can get some tournaments going!!

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
congrats. you've just encountered your first Online Hacker.
that's really all there is. And the Jiggs of the screen/FD's anvil edges aren't glitches. Anyways, I'd suggest you stop complaining (don't mean that offensively), turn around, and have some fun on that stage while you still can. chances are you'll have to drop out to leave (and you won't find that hacker again!)

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I took two groups to HRC yesterday, maybe it was me who took you there :laugh:

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Brawl is an imbalanced, glitched up game. The End.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Lol I love that Hack XD
I also like the Target stage and Practice Stage hacks (it's like you never left *__*)

tko112

Smash Lord
dude, i had a hacker who made us fall 2 our doom evrytime we came back, in retrospect, we had no platforms 2 begin wit anyway

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
After reading a lot of threads on this board, including "taunt parties", I do understand this is actually a common hack. It freakin' freaked me out though considering TWO years of tons and tons of playing online this happened. :)

The whole taunt party thing is such a wonderful explanation too. I just thought people were being immature idiots... kind of like a gangbang thing... so that every new comer they could just screw with. It pissed me off so much I stopped playing basic brawl. Now that I know, I know how to crash them now!!! :psycho:

Can anyone steer me to a thread with a current tournament?

AAP

Smash Journeyman
After reading a lot of threads on this board, including "taunt parties", I do understand this is actually a common hack. It freakin' freaked me out though considering TWO years of tons and tons of playing online this happened. :)

The whole taunt party thing is such a wonderful explanation too. I just thought people were being immature idiots... kind of like a gangbang thing... so that every new comer they could just screw with. It pissed me off so much I stopped playing basic brawl. Now that I know, I know how to crash them now!!! :psycho:

Can anyone steer me to a thread with a current tournament?
HEY alright!!! this guy gets it!!

PS welcome to smashboards

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Lol, drat, we got ourselves another Party Crasher? Oh well, welcome to teh forums and all dat.

And I'm surprised that this topic hasn't been closed yet since we can't seem to stay on topic from here. :p

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hackers in TP Do it all the time, but its rare....
Congrats on your first hacked brawl...

Top Bottom