• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The strangest glitch ever???

tysquirt111

Smash Rookie
So I was playing Marth against a coworker today. While playing on FoD on our first stock, I used a tipper uptilt and acheived a star death against Doctor Mario (port 2, coworker). After doing so, I kept messing with the d-pad. I kept hitting left and taunting, and the result? He died 4 times off of the top, continuously doing star deaths. I am running the 20XX mod, loaded through nintendont. Has anyone else ever seen something like this? If it helps, he died on the right side of stage, roughly 75% of the way to the top corner. I was at roughly 58%, and had all 4 stocks. The game ended after roughly 28 seconds, due to him dying 4 times. Each time he died, he also retained the same 135% or so he did from the previous (first) death. Sorry I can't give more detail, but it was astonishing to me that such a strange glitch occurred. I've played for years and never seen anything like it.

EndingOfGenesis

Smash Rookie
Are you sure you werent just saving and reloading states using 20XX. Default is left and right on d-pad. Thought it would reset stock count it loaded a previous state though.

tysquirt111

Smash Rookie
Are you sure you werent just saving and reloading states using 20XX. Default is left and right on d-pad. Thought it would reset stock count it loaded a previous state though.
Positive, the game ended after just 20 seconds. Each time, the star death animation would be replacing what the respawn animation should be. The stock wouldn't reset, and I never created a save state.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Pressing the d pad left/right creates and loads save states on the hack pack. I don't know all the specifics but it seems like you just loaded your coworker dying 4 times and that was the game

tysquirt111

Smash Rookie
Pressing the d pad left/right creates and loads save states on the hack pack. I don't know all the specifics but it seems like you just loaded your coworker dying 4 times and that was the game
I guess I am ignorant then. That is useful to know though.

Top Bottom