• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stellar Waltzing Duo: Rosalina & Luma

The Stellar Waltzing Duo: Rosalina & Luma

BelChydru

Smash Rookie
BelChydru submitted a new guide:

The Stellar Waltzing Duo: Rosalina & Luma - The must-know techniques and the must-learn tactics.

Rosalina & Luma

Basic strategy and Advanced techinques

Index

1. About Rosalina & Luma
2. Pros and Cons
3. The Learning Curve
4. Moveset
5. Three ways to rule them all.
6. Must-know techniques and Advanced mechanics.
7. More to come...

Hi, I'd like...
Read more about this guide...

BelChydru

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I put a lot of effort into this guide. Since I've been busy because of work I couldn't upload the videos, but I surely will :)!

Also, would you guys and girls want me to Edit the actual guide or to make and Update page for it? My plan is as follows: New advanced technics (which I already have some under my sleeve) by Editing, Match ups and Stages by Updating. You can write your replies here and I will read them all. In case no comments were shared about this, I will proceed with my plan (which I think is not bad) to make it easir for you to read (specially the advanced technics).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you need any more sources, my complete coverage thread for Rosalina can always be used to help you out.

BelChydru

Smash Rookie
Hi guys and girls! I just wrote some new Advanced Techniques and I'm about to post the complete explanation on how stages work for Rosalina & Luma in a couple days. Hope you enjoy it!

BelChydru

Smash Rookie
Hello guys and girls! Just came here to inform you that I've added two more Advanced Techniques and I wanted to discuss the last one, Fencing Luma, with you. It's just such a flexible AT that I think we can make it work in some awesome ways. I've been using it myself and trying out against different characters. I noticed that sometimes it's really good and sometimes it isn't, it depends on different factors like how is your opponent reacting against it, which character they pick and where are you currently fightning. But I'm certain of one thing: it is good for mindgaming and controlling space. Well, that's all I wanted to say, I hope you try it and see how it works for you. Thanks for the support you've given me!

-Bel

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Been experimenting with Luma Fencing and I must admit, its pretty situational. I think the majority of it is the "wtf" factor it gives your opponents. I also managed to turn around an opponent once and grabbing at the same time, pummel + jab was a lot of damage.

BelChydru

Smash Rookie
Yes, I agree with you, it's more like a surprise factor more than not. You can block some projectiles or zone a little bit with it, but the thing is you can't really control where Luma's gonna be since you have to tech/escape from grab/roll after being knocked over the floor. Seems like I should modify the "Usefulness" gauge on that one.

BelChydru

Smash Rookie
Just added some match-ups with details on edgeguarding and how to recover safely. Hope you enjoy it!

Top Bottom