• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South The Spaghetti Spot

The Spaghetti Spot
Posted by Blinkingsky
Old School Video Games
Friday, November 11, 2016 - 04:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 01:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Blinkingsky

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0683-8603
Hello everybody, and welcome to the Spaghetti Spot! The successor to the old Sweet Spot 2 (which itself was the successor to the Spicy Spot), we aim to continue to be the Tampa Bay area's prime biweekly when it comes to both Melee and Project M. With a biweekly bracket for both games, an amateur league for non-PR members, and doubles at the end if there's free time, there's plenty to do at the event and you're sure to get your money's worth!

Event schedule:

Pre-4pm: Venue is open, but you must pay an extra $2 to the store owner to play.
4pm: Venue opens for friendlies
4:30pm: Doubles signups begin
5:30pm: Doubles signups close
5:40pm: Doubles bracket starts; Melee signups begin
6:40pm: PM signups begin
6:50pm: Melee signups close
7pm: Melee bracket begins
7:50pm: PM signups close
8pm: PM bracket begins

Do note that doubles starting time will vary depending on the progress of the singles bracket, and that singles will almost always take priority over doubles.

The venue closes practically as soon as the event does, whenever that is.

Venue location:

12635 N 56th St, Tampa, FL 33617. It has a giant sign on it that says "Video Games", you really can't miss it.

Fees:

$5 Venue Fee
$5 per singles event
$6 per team for doubles per game ($3 per person)
$3 for amateur league for one game/$6 for both games (one time payment and lasts several events)

So if you only want to enter one of the singles events, then you have to pay $10, while if you want to enter both singles events you pay $15 instead. Doubles is just another $3 added on per tourney you enter.

Rulesets
--------------
Melee Singles:
Typical Melee ruleset. Legal stages are as follows:

Starters:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium

1 ban in Bo3, 0 bans in Bo5, can't select a stage you have previously won on in the set unless both agree to it.

Melee Doubles: Same rules, except FoD is no longer legal, Pokemon Stadium is a starter and Kongo Jungle is a counterpick stage.

Project M:

Starters:
Green Hill Zone
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland

Counterpicks:
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Warioland
Delfino's Secret

2 bans in Bo3, 1 ban in Bo5, can't select a stage you have previously won on in the set unless both agree to it.

Project M Doubles: Same rules/stagelist, except Warioland is banned and Distant Planet is legal.

For both games Bo5 happens starting in top 8.

HoveringZero

Smash Rookie
Dang it. I would be able to go to this if it was switched from the way it is now with every other weekend, to the weekends it isn't on... I don't know if that made sense, but oh well.

Blinkingsky

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0683-8603
For anybody that is following this thread, remember we have a tourney today! My apologies for not updating sooner. Just send me a message if you're on the way/want to come and I'll see about putting you in bracket!

Blinkingsky

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0683-8603
Yes. I will be updating soon with the next date (30th). I don't check smashboards often so it admittedly slipped my mind.

Top Bottom