• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The solution

NocriZle

Smash Cadet
In the three super smash bros games, 64, melee, brawl, one must admit that they are all very successful. The contraversy is between each individual game. What character is less broken, what game is faster, which one is easier to play? All of these questions are what make people choose a game as their favorite. It splits up the fans of smash and that is a problem for the community.

I have a solution to fix all of that. NINTENDO YOU MUST LISTEN TO THIS. Nintendo needs to PUT ALL OF THE CHARACTERS AND LEVELS FROM ALL THE PREVIOUS GAMES IN THE NEW ONE. Thats right, imagine the 64 mario vs. the melee mario vs. the brawl mario, who would win. Or who would win Mewtwo or lucario. If someone liked their character in the 64 version or the melee version just the way they where and then they got changed and they did not like it, they could be comfortable with the same old character they love. I am talking about having the same graphics and the exact same abilities from the old games. Like the way the 64 characters could not tech or the wave dash for melee characters. What I am trying to say is put the old characters in the new smash bros game AND keep them the way they were. Each version of smash had their own advantage 64 the characters were easy to use and their moves were all strong and hit very far while being relatively fast. Melee all the characters are extremely fast and can own that way for more intense players. In brawl, all the characters have a bunch of invincability frames and great edge grabbing so they can play counter attack a lot. ON TOP OF THAT NINTNENDO SHOULD PUT IN A NEW CHARACTER SET WITH DIFFERENT STYLES THAN BEFORE. That would even change up the gameplay even more. think about it a match with 4 different kind of nesses.

:)

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I hate to say but it's too messy and impracticle for various reasons.

On top of that they just don't care about appeasing the hardcore fans like yourself. You will buy the game no matter what they put out.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't work, different games, different engines, characters react differently in them. It would also bring too much work for not a lot of gain. Do you really think people would rather have the same character 4 different ways or have 3 new characters?

NocriZle

Smash Cadet
people can balance it out and give and take DI depending on what characters are fighting each other. Why can't we have all the old characters and some new ones?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
this isn't a good idea, because of reasons already stated here: different engines alter the gameplay, and it's difficult to recreate something from a previous game entirely unless the same engine is used, this also affects stages and other gameplay aspects.

it would be time-consuming for the development team and definitely not worth it.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
There would be WAY too many characters, and that's not including Smash 4 newcomers. Secondly, there's only so much room they can work with on a Wii U disc. Yes, 25 GB is a huge amount, but we also have to take into account the various game modes, online functionality, music, stages, etc.. Also, to program each character to act as if they're playing in a specific engine would be very time-consuming to do, as opposed to creating a new engine and creating all the characters to work with that one engine, if that makes sense.

The end result would be a convoluted and unorganized mess of a game that will even make those with OCD cry foul.

:phone:

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I think this is a great idea but like everyone else says it is just not practical from a development standpoint. I would love to have 64 Pikachu back but it simply will not happen.

On a side note I think it would be cool if the made all the original characters have costumes of what they looked like in the 64 days.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
On a side note I think it would be cool if the made all the original characters have costumes of what they looked like in the 64 days.
I can definitely support this idea. Wouldn't this only pertain to Smash 64 veterans though, or are you suggesting 64-bit polygon models made for all other characters as well? Either way, I like the idea.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I can definitely support this idea. Wouldn't this only pertain to Smash 64 veterans though, or are you suggesting 64-bit polygon models made for all other characters as well? Either way, I like the idea.

I meant only the original 8 but all the characters could be fun as well :p

NocriZle

Smash Cadet
Still not convinced that this is fundamentally bad. You are right on how this would bad for developers. I personally think that it would be awesome to see how the engines would collide. Just give a little more DI to 64 characters while they fight melee/brawl characters and reverse that when melee/brawl characters fighting 64 characters and that should solve any severe changes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Because you should just move on. Various mechanics and mechanics have come in gone. You're also doing a character four times over. It's pointless. We also don't know how much Smash 4 will change from its predecessors.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Maybe for a 25th Anniversary game or something.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
It's good in theory but it's probably pretty impossible. Getting characters to work on one engine in exactly the same way they did on another engine would be incredibly tedious and would require far too much time and effort. Not only that but do you realize the fact that it actually takes time to develop a single character and make it work? Now you're suggesting four different characters for each character, which would take years to develop. Not only that, but there are SSB4 Newcomers to think about as well. And other games modes and features.

Not a good solution at all.

Now here is a real solution: accept the game for what it is. Too many people have high expectations of a game before it is released, or they have a great idea of what they think it will be like. But when they get their hands on it, they are ultimately disappointed. The solution? Accept the game for what it is. This isn't Smash 64. This isn't Melee. This isn't Brawl. It's certainly not just a combination of any of these. It's a different game entirely, nothing more, nothing less. Treat it that way.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
This would just be a huge waste of storage space within the game data, and it doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

However, alt. movesets that represents previous incarnations in the previous Smash Bros games of a character would be something else. Like for example if Mario gets a new Down Special in this installment, you have the option to change it and revert it back to Fludd from Brawl, or Cyclone from Melee and 64. This sounds like a more reasonable solution to me, the way your idea seems to work is that all the different incarnations will have the playstyle of the previous game mechanics and physics. 2, 3 or 4 different game mechanics in one match is just not going to work.

NocriZle

Smash Cadet
This would just be a huge waste of storage space within the game data, and it doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

However, alt. movesets that represents previous incarnations in the previous Smash Bros games of a character would be something else. Like for example if Mario gets a new Down Special in this installment, you have the option to change it and revert it back to Fludd from Brawl, or Cyclone from Melee and 64. This sounds like a more reasonable solution to me, the way your idea seems to work is that all the different incarnations will have the playstyle of the previous game mechanics and physics. 2, 3 or 4 different game mechanics in one match is just not going to work.
you know... That is actually a good Idea. They should also give moves affects similar of those of the original game like. Mario's up smash in 64 was super strong. They could make it like that and just give a skin to the character instead of combining the engines.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

That's still a lot of balancing to do and just wouldn't be worth it when you can put in new characters instead.

InternetDramaOhNoes

Smash Rookie
It would be super weird. You cant really DI in smash 64 so what does that mean for the relationship between smash 64 characters and the other games' characters?

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
That's still a lot of balancing to do and just wouldn't be worth it when you can put in new characters instead.
It can be something that can be implemented later during the game's lifespan if downloadable content will ever be available. I agree they should focus more on developing and balancing the new characters (and veterans) during the game's development.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Why would they even bother? They should focus on making 1 great game instead 3 that suit particular niches. I personally think they should revert back to melee aesthetics, it accomplished the easy to learn hard to master concept far better than brawl. My gripe with 64 is that any player could have access to a zero to death without putting forth a good bit of effort. Melee FTW....

Top Bottom