• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just report Mamboo's posts and move on, no need to draw attention to them any further than necessary.

I saw Somecallmejohnny's review of the game and he said chapter 3 was a bit of a slog due to the increased difficulty. How challenging did you personally find the game to be, and would a player who was fairly comfortable with the first game be able to handle this one without too many issues?

I'll most likely get the game regardless but I'm not looking for "Castlevania 3" levels of frustration if his words are anything to go by.
Yeah someone who played the first CotM should do fine here.

Honestly outside of the bosses for stages 5 and 7 (the room before this boss contributes heavily as well) it wasn't too bad. Doing the Solo Zangetsu ending in the final chapter is quite a challenge though. You want a roll where the game gives you the solo run on an early stage and then there's the final level itself plus the final boss fight.

If the "Castlevania 3" bit is off-putting then there's casual mode to mitigate that. You won't be penalised for it either so you won't miss out on content.

D

Deleted member

I do feel better (slightly) now that I had some proper rest. I couldn't get to sleep at all until 5PM or so.

Edit: Done. Thanks to people like @Taylor F and Alicorn Alicorn for looking out for me yesterday. I was sleep-deprived, and not in my best mental state. Sorry, everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don't even know what sleep is anymore. I just shut my eyes and open them back up five hours later.
I'm the same way. It's very difficult to fall asleep because my mind is always hyperactive. If I'm really struggling to sleep, I'll resort to using relaxing white-noise (like rainfall sounds on Youtube) to keep my mind "occupied" on that instead of my brain thinking "Okay, you have to sleep now. Go on, sleep! Why aren't you sleeping?"

On an unrelated note: I've been binge-watching Oxhorn's videos about Fallout. They're really good to listen to.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
AMA for a mini Round

So guys today's focus on me will be a lot of working between phone, laptop and Switch. My AMA's main part is over but if any people who still slightly interested want to ask go ahead today. Mainly those who weren't able to or a few who came back and stuff. ZephyrZ ZephyrZ has given me a good question so even about something to do with where I am from.

And then by my trip begins tomorrow and that'll be it.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
AMA for a mini Round

So guys today's focus on me will be a lot of working between phone, laptop and Switch. My AMA's main part is over but if any people who still slightly interested want to ask go ahead today. Mainly those who weren't able to.

And then by my trip begins tomorrow.
Omg finally someone said something after five hours of silence
h i

D

Deleted member

I somehow always wake up at 6:10 every morning. I've been keeping track, and out of the last month I only woke up at a time besides that ONCE (when I was sick for a day)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey woke up early today just to get a shot in my ass for poison ivy lol

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My sleep schedule has been ****ed up ever since I started working my current job. Usually I only get about three or four hours of "sleep"...and by "sleep", I mean that I lay there for about three or four hours just waiting for the alarm to go off.

Thank God for coffee lol.

D

Deleted member

My sleep schedule has been ****ed up ever since I started working my current job. Usually I only get about three or four hours of "sleep"...and by "sleep", I mean that I lay there for about three or four hours just waiting for the alarm to go off.

TBH I wish I could get a job, but also my parents keep shoving the idea of "oh hey here's x job! Go apply there even though you know nothing about it other than a small facebook post!" so I'm kinda in a mixed bag. Also doesn't help that anytime I do something wrong they almost always without fail use a job metaphor, even if it makes literally no sense.

It ALSO also doesn't help that the [REDACTED] Virus is making waves again so my city is looking to shut down again. At this rate we won't even have school this year(which under normal circumstances I would be happy for... but tbh I kinda miss school. Staying at home all day is pretty boring)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Trying having your obnoxious brothers being the main reasons why your sleep schedule is so ****ed up.

And try being really, really anxious about being in the same car with them for the first time in a year tomorrow, cause your brothers don't give a **** about your sensory issues and keep blasting music.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
TBH I wish I could get a job, but also my parents keep shoving the idea of "oh hey here's x job! Go apply there even though you know nothing about it other than a small facebook post!" so I'm kinda in a mixed bag. Also doesn't help that anytime I do something wrong they almost always without fail use a job metaphor, even if it makes literally no sense.

It ALSO also doesn't help that the [REDACTED] Virus is making waves again so my city is looking to shut down again. At this rate we won't even have school this year(which under normal circumstances I would be happy for... but tbh I kinda miss school. Staying at home all day is pretty boring)
You're still pretty young and have your education to be more concerned about, so I don't quite agree with her pushing you to get a job.

As for schools, I know that Virginia is offering in school learning with restrictions if we can stay in what they call "Phase 3", but digital learning is also being offered with people who are still uncomfortable with sending their children off.

Trying having your obnoxious brothers being the main reasons why your sleep schedule is so ****ed up.

And try being really, really anxious about being in the same car with them for the first time in a year tomorrow, cause your brothers don't give a **** about your sensory issues and keep blasting music.
Damn, they sound very insensitive.

Hopefully their shenanigans don't completely ruin the trip for you.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As for schools, I know that Virginia is offering in school learning with restrictions if we can stay in what they call "Phase 3", but digital learning is also being offered with people who are still uncomfortable with sending their children off.
Im glad my states mayor isnt a stupid no brain like the other states

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
After last semester of school, my body became trained to wake up at 8am, but it never became trained to go to sleep early. So I've only been getting around 4-5 hours of sleep each night, which hasn't been fun

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alabama. Where the pandemic was a big conspiracy to make Trump look bad and the home of “I ain’t wearing no mask.”

I love my state but people go WAY too far with the politics here.

D

Deleted member

You're still pretty young and have your education to be more concerned about, so I don't quite agree with her pushing you to get a job.

I mean when questioned about it back in my Freshman year(and to an extent my Sophomore year) my plan has basically always been(and still is) get a job as soon as it's viable for me and save up so that if I feel the need to I can go to College debt-fee. But my mom apparently thinks that means I actually want to get a job, and not just make money(granted those are kinda mutually exclusive) The only reason I even want to get a job is so that I have a reserve savings ready to go if I ever need it so the moment I turn 18 I don't have to bust my ass off working to afford even the most basic commodity like an apartment; I would have already done most of the work myself. So far though nothing nearby exactly screams "Yes that's the place I want to work at"

She's also been pushing me to take the drivers test to get my license which I at least see the point in at this age but corona isn't helping at all so I haven't bothered yet.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I saw this on Twitter, and it's given me a reason to pay some attention to Ubisoft's not-E3 conference tomorrow, even if it's just speculation/wishful thinking.

Even if it's a long-shot, it would be a great birthday present to have that game re-released for modern consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, maybe Steam), especially if it was shadow-dropped.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I saw this on Twitter, and it's given me a reason to pay some attention to Ubisoft's not-E3 conference tomorrow, even if it's just speculation/wishful thinking.

Even if it's a long-shot, it would be a great birthday present to have that game re-released for modern consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, maybe Steam), especially if it was shadow-dropped.
I can still play it on my ps3. But a sequel??? Now that'd tickle my fancy :)

D

Deleted member

Huh....I'm looking at my youtube analytics and somehow Youtube finally starts auto generating captions on my videos now lol

Still need to fix my lighting problem somehow, and maybe get more cards for my content. Anime clips aren't doing it for me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Audio series? o.o Also very good work!
Yup! A new project for my channel.

Took me a second to realize he had his other paw behind his back lol, thought it was part of his tail

edit: lmao
It’s actually supposed to be in his pocket, though it’s hard to tell due to the jacket around his waist covering the pocket up, haha

“Grandma, what big feet you have!”

In all seriousness, nice work dude! Curious to see what you do with her.
Thanks man! I won’t need voices for a while, but once this fella gets a voice I’ll be sure to show you.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The tech guy came and the router airways were opened up a little. Also relocated the router so it's not hit by the sun, because the sunlight from the window can cause damage and thus... make the wifi worse. This makes sense and is helpful. Also, it's back in general. Hallelujer.
I used to love tails when I was young. When I see your posts I can't help feel some nostalgia XD
And that plushy is soo cute.
He's so cute, indeed <3 He's my favorite sonic character. He's very intelligent yet precious, humble, and golden-hearted. I also relate to him somewhat for the worse since both the Tails character and I are vulnerable to self-criticism, more than the average person anyway.

But in any event, whether it's his classic, shorter, chubbier self or his taller, thinner self in the modern games, he's cute either way. And, I'm glad to add said plushie to my collection.

D

Deleted member

And just like that I'm one year older, yay? But in all seriousness, it would be great if I managed to hatch a shiny on my birthday today. Been trying to get a pink Butterfree.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This morning was not a good one. One of those bad days where damn compulsive thoughts got the better of me...It was so annoying...At least its over now though.

Also didn't help that I had a serious case of the runs. That's what I get for eating so much yesterday at grandmas.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And just like that I'm one year older, yay? But in all seriousness, it would be great if I managed to hatch a shiny on my birthday today. Been trying to get a pink Butterfree.
Well good luck to your shiny quest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom