• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Snake’s nightly prompt.

Create a Pokémon. That’s it. Just create an original Pokémon.
...How many examples do you want? I got over 40 right now.

I mean, sure, they're for a Quest 64-based Pokemon hack, but this is still counting those without unique types(I changed Flying to Wind, ??? to Fairy due to this being a Ruby/Sapphire hack, and Normal to Beast). So beyond that...

Otherwise, I have already made three Pokemon, which aren't too impressive anyway(as they don't evolve into a truly natural form. But eh).

Let me know which sets you want me to talk about.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Snake’s nightly prompt.

Create a Pokémon. That’s it. Just create an original Pokémon.
A Legendary inanimate extradimensional steam train with infinite number of carriages that travels to universes and dimensions.
Name: Chronomotive (Chrono + Locomotive)
Type: Light/Cosmic (2 types i made up.)
The train itself would resemble the Union Pacific Big Boy.
(Nice to see you guys btw.)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
...How many examples do you want? I got over 40 right now.

I mean, sure, they're for a Quest 64-based Pokemon hack, but this is still counting those without unique types(I changed Flying to Wind, ??? to Fairy due to this being a Ruby/Sapphire hack, and Normal to Beast). So beyond that...

Otherwise, I have already made three Pokemon, which aren't too impressive anyway(as they don't evolve into a truly natural form. But eh).

Let me know which sets you want me to talk about.
You know. Just for you, I hope we get a Quest 64 character in Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know. Just for you, I hope we get a Quest 64 character in Smash.
Why, thank you~

...Actually, I made more than 3 Pokemon in general, but I forgot a lot of them. I only remember... one other one, but just its name. Well, onnnnnne more beyond that, but that's just part of the "three pokemon", due to being a Metal-like evolution.

Nonetheless, do you want to hear about any of them?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone wanna talk about the potential for a “Sound” Pokémon typing?
What's interesting about Sound is that it's pretty much a pseudo-type already, given sound-based attacks have a bunch of unique game mechanics.

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently SCP is being threatened by getting its icon trademarked by some Russian dude

And the dude is literally acting like a "Twirling mustachio'd villain" while unironically saying "Muwahahaha" in his threats.

What a world we live in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anyone wanna talk about the potential for a “Sound” Pokémon typing?
I remember actually having this among a Forum Game I made. At least, I think I did. There were other new types too. Like Light, for instance.

Honestly, this would be a fun one and you could move a ton of Moves to it from Normal among others. Stuff like Screech for instance. And Metal Sound. Redundancy could be the only issue with a few moves, but that could be fixed by what learns it, perhaps. Not much reason to have two moves of the same type do the same thing, yet have them with slightly different PP.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I remember actually having this among a Forum Game I made. At least, I think I did. There were other new types too. Like Light, for instance.

Honestly, this would be a fun one and you could move a ton of Moves to it from Normal among others. Stuff like Screech for instance. And Metal Sound. Redundancy could be the only issue with a few moves, but that could be fixed by what learns it, perhaps. Not much reason to have two moves of the same type do the same thing, yet have them with slightly different PP.
Yeah, you might have to get creative to create some new moves for this type.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
These two "box art" legendary concepts I had to pull from my fan made dex archives for Pokemon Heroes & Pokemon Villians. These are, I think, 3 years old.

Name: Protangel
Type: Fire/Fairy
Ability: Angelic Focus: The user deals more damage with special attacks
Version: Heroes
Dex: It is said when the balance between Good and Evil is disrupted, Protangel will descend from the heavens to bring love and joy to the world.
--
Name: Antangel
Type: Steel/Dark
Ability: Angelic Scythes: The user deals more damage with physical attacks
Version: Villains
Dex: It is said when the balance between Good and Evil is disrupted, Antangel will descend from the heavens to bring hate and sorrow to the world.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, you might have to get creative to create some new moves for this type.
It's not just that alone. There's a decent amount of moves that can easily be moved around. Like I said, the bigger issue is what to do with moves that are effectively the same just slightly different types.

One idea is that a move could have more PP but a lower hit rate, despite the same status.

I'll have to look into everything that's sound-based. Then it's a matter of which ones shouldn't be moved at all. Grass Whistle and Metal Sound might be okay in their normal spot. Supersonic, Sonic Boom, and Screech are good examples of ones easy to move. That said, many moves do get changed around anyway. Also, obviously Sing fits here. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Off the top of my head, I’d say the Pokémon that’s be changed for the new type is
-Jigglypuff line
-Exploud line
-Chatot (Sound/Flying)
-Meloetta (Sound/Psychic & Sound/Fighting)
-maybe Tympole could have a split evolution line?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's not just that alone. There's a decent amount of moves that can easily be moved around. Like I said, the bigger issue is what to do with moves that are effectively the same just slightly different types.

One idea is that a move could have more PP but a lower hit rate, despite the same status.

I'll have to look into everything that's sound-based. Then it's a matter of which ones shouldn't be moved at all. Grass Whistle and Metal Sound might be okay in their normal spot. Supersonic, Sonic Boom, and Screech are good examples of ones easy to move. That said, many moves do get changed around anyway. Also, obviously Sing fits here. :p
Don’t forget Perish Song.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Off the top of my head, I’d say the Pokémon that’s be changed for the new type is
-Jigglypuff line
-Exploud line
-Chatot (Sound/Flying)
Don't forget Kricketune. I'd say Noivern too, but you'd have to change either its Dragon- or Flying-type.

EDIT: Oh, and Rillaboom.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
-Jigglypuff line
-Exploud line
-Chatot (Sound/Flying)
Audino is an obvious one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
-Jigglypuff line
-Exploud line
-Chatot (Sound/Flying)
Maybe Grookey's line too?

Kricketot line, Chingling line, Audino, Vullaby line, Popplio line, Oricorio, the entire Mr. Mime line(including Galarian).

That's all I can think of. Not a lot right now. But I could see something like a Steel/Sound being somewhat akin to the Exploud line. I mean, they've reused somewhat similar ideas before. Geodude line and Roggenrola.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe Grookey's line too?

Kricketot line, Chingling line, Audino, Vullaby line, Popplio line, Oricorio, the entire Mr. Mime line(including Galarian).

That's all I can think of. Not a lot right now. But I could see something like a Steel/Sound being somewhat akin to the Exploud line. I mean, they've reused somewhat similar ideas before. Geodude line and Roggenrola.
Why Vullaby though?

Shroob

Sup?
What, you're telling me they made Corsola good in this game? :222:
Base Stats: 60 HP / 55 Atk / 100 Def / 65 SpA / 100 SpD / 30 Spe

>Pure Ghost

>Cursed Body as a hidden ability(Available afaik)

>Gets Sneaky Stones, Will-o-Wisp and ****ing Shiinotic's signature move

Slap an Evolite on this thing and it never ****ing dies

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lowkey

I want more Echoes.

I find it odd they even acknowledged the Echo concept by only adding like, 4 of them and retconning 2 old characters as being Echoes.

I expected a 'lot' more, but they've been nothing but a blip.
In concept a character that is practically a costume selection like Daisy and Dark Pit should only be a blip on the radar compared to Ridley or Simon. Yet some like Dark Samus have legit subtle differences and Chrom and Ken have fairly big differences between them and the original. It was just a good way to re-advertise clones as something else, while also having every single character back meant little complaints.

If you want me to suggest Echoes, Protoman, Metal Sonic, Medusa and Octoling would make sense. Rock Howard if we're lucky. I would also say Akuma too because I honestly wanted him as Ryu's Echo even more than Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom