• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The excitement is eating me alive.

I planned on getting up in the afternoon by sleeping late to make time fly, but for some reason I wake up at 7:30 instead...

I'll most probably go to sleep early. Now THAT'S something you will ever rarely hear from me XD

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
I don't get it. What do asian parents have to do with any of this?
I dunno, I guess they're considered more strict?

I'm also not getting HG/SS tomorrow as I'd rather wait a bit before getting it. After all, a couple months later it's probably going to be a bit cheaper, and I can wait for that.

Mewter

Smash Master
Asian parents are stereotyped for being tough on their kids when it comes to academics and anything that gets in the way of their kids becoming doctors.
And that counts anything that isn't relatively important and can be seen as a waste of money (AKA video games.)

Source:
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UENgfA6N8nA

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Asian parents are stereotyped for being tough on their kids when it comes to academics and anything that gets in the way of their kids becoming doctors.
And that counts anything that isn't relatively important and can be seen as a waste of money (AKA video games.)

Source:
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UENgfA6N8nA
Pretty much.

It's extremery rame too.

-Terywj

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For no reason? Skyler stated his reason. If you have issues, take it to Forum Support.
It was no reason. The thread was started IN PART to dicuss such things. It broke NO RULE on smashboards. I'm sorry we can't be all posh about everything, but if we can't talk about such things in an off hand, non-offensive, non-explicit way, if we can't talk about things in women that we find sexually arousing to a VERY TAME extent, then **** it, I don't play video games anymore, I'm done here. there was nothing derogtaory in that thread at all, and anyone who took offense to someone saying "boob" is not a place I'll be in. Honestly, this is complete bull **** and I'm done dealing with the bull **** I have to put up with just to post on Smashboards.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Cool...

I knew about the stereotype, but I didn't actually think that Asians actually took education that seriously XD
The generation before us does. A good reason is because of their lack of the experience themselves. Neither of my parents went to college. They never finished high school, to be exact. My mom had to drop out her Freshman year because she had to work to support the family, and my dad got in 2 years I think before the Vietnam War started.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The generation before us does. A good reason is because of their lack of the experience themselves. Neither of my parents went to college. They never finished high school, to be exact. My mom had to drop out her Freshman year because she had to work to support the family, and my dad got in 2 years I think before the Vietnam War started.

-Terywj
Wow cool history.

My parent's history is boring, or at least less exciting than yours. All they did was:

Marry at 21 or so
My mom got pregnant
They come to US
They have me
They get divorced about 6 years later
Now I live with my father and grandmother...

supermarth64

Smash Ace
MEWTER IS ASIAN?

Forums rule #1: Everyone is white unless stated.

Have you guys seen Yellow Fever before?

OMG KEVJUMBA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Spire

III
BRoomer
It was no reason. The thread was started IN PART to dicuss such things. It broke NO RULE on smashboards. I'm sorry we can't be all posh about everything, but if we can't talk about such things in an off hand, non-offensive, non-explicit way, if we can't talk about things in women that we find sexually arousing to a VERY TAME extent, then **** it, I don't play video games anymore, I'm done here. there was nothing derogtaory in that thread at all, and anyone who took offense to someone saying "boob" is not a place I'll be in. Honestly, this is complete bull **** and I'm done dealing with the bull **** I have to put up with just to post on Smashboards.
There were multiple posts of sexually explicit behavior, and you were one who contributed to it. Plus, Thundermistress - a female mod - posted in there and showed that see took offense to the thread. That alone is enough to lock it. Remember, SWF is supposed to be an E-for-everyone environment. That thread crossed the line.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
MEWTER IS ASIAN?

Forums rule #1: Everyone is white unless stated.

Have you guys seen Yellow Fever before?

OMG KEVJUMBA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I'm hispanic, but not one of them half black hispanics where they've got a major tan, I actually kinda look pretty white... except for my hair... its like I got a wigz on me XD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No to sound racist or anything but I've got a Dominican friend who's basically white.

He doesn't come from mixed parents either. He's just...white. It's pretty weird.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I got that new Pokemon Ranger game.

I'm trying as hard as I can to grasp the storyline but I just don't get it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
An idea for Pokemon Reseachers, just going to throw it out there.

Now, first of all, we would need to get rid of any resaecher that doesn't show extensive Pokemon knowledge. Next, we modify the Pokemon Research Sub-Forum for the time being be modified to serve two roles:
A. SmashCAP discussions/polls/etc stored there.
B. Serious Pokemon Discussions (for example, a very current topic on Smogon is that Deo-D might get tested, and be brought down to OU. Pokemon researchers could discuss this topic in there)

It would allow Researchers to bring up topics that require only serious discussion, etc.
I also would like to bring up some old topics as well that need to be finished up through this, like SmashCAP1's sprite and movesets.

Thoughts?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
An idea for Pokemon Reseachers, just going to throw it out there.

Now, first of all, we would need to get rid of any resaecher that doesn't show extensive Pokemon knowledge. Next, we modify the Pokemon Research Sub-Forum for the time being be modified to serve two roles:
A. SmashCAP discussions/polls/etc stored there.
B. Serious Pokemon Discussions (for example, a very current topic on Smogon is that Deo-D might get tested, and be brought down to OU. Pokemon researchers could discuss this topic in there)

It would allow Researchers to bring up topics that require only serious discussion, etc.
I also would like to bring up some old topics as well that need to be finished up through this, like SmashCAP1's sprite and movesets.

Thoughts?
Agreed completely. Spire is the new head of the Researchers so I'm hoping he'll see to this.

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master
The name of Pokemon Researchers could probably be changed too.

Maybe "Pokemon Master" or something like that. :p
It just doesn't make sense to keep the "researcher" part anymore. It's like a misnomer.

Edit:
Okay, never mind. *Looks at below post*

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Also, as a little add-on, I'm going to say that the "Serious Pokemon discussions" can actually become creating and discussing sets again when the 5th Gen comes out, we'll have a few months to look and things and see what we find.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Pokemon Master would be kinda funny, but no.

Pokemon Debater is pretty lame but it would be accurate.

Or just call it "Elite Four." :)
Even though it won't really be four people.

-Terywj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom