• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'Snapshot Method'

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice
Somebody told me that Gecko OS, which is required for Brawl+, doesn't work on Wii 4.0, and that the only way I could play Brawl+ with Wii 4.0 is through the Snapshot Method.

What is the Snapshot Method? Where could I find instructions on how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

:D

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Gecko OS doesn't work with Wii System 4.0? Really?

Well that's strange, I downloaded System 4.0 and Gecko OS has worked perfectly for me for the past week ;). Try re-downloading Gecko or something, it shoud work.

Revven

FrankerZ
Go here

The snapshot loader codes are located in the Competitive Agenda thread. You're going to have to find the sdkey.bin and sdiv.bin on your own.

As for the other posters saying that Gecko OS works on 4.0, I've noticed it only works on certain 4.0 Wiis. 1.9 has issues working on some 4.0 Wiis, while 1.07 works 100% perfectly on 4.0 Wiis. I believe it has to deal with the disc having to load two times on 1.9 while on 1.07 it only needs to load once.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom