• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Smashboards FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Smashboards FAQ
(Updated: 9 January 2016)

Welcome to the Smashboards FAQ! This is a valuable resource if you have any questions about the boards and their functions or questions that are not Xenforo based. Answers to "how can I bold my posts" and the like can be found here. Please look through this thread first to see if your question is something common.

Q: How do I delete my posts/threads?

A: Normal users don't have the option to delete their own threads or posts (but may edit them). If you would like your thread to be forgotten, you can always ask a moderator to lock the thread for you.

Q: What are points?

A: Points are simply a part of the site that is just for fun. Points are given to you for certain forum milestones. Think of it as an achievement system if it helps.

Q: How do I change my username?

A: You can not change or ask to have your name changed unless you have purchased premium membership. More information on premium perks can be found here or the Question thread.

Q: What are the different titles I can attain? When do I stop being a Smash Rookie?!

A: Here are the titles and their associated post counts:
  • Smash Rookie (0-24 posts)
  • Smash Cadet (25-74 posts)
  • Smash Apprentice (75-199 posts)
  • Smash Journeyman (200-499 posts)
  • Smash Ace (500-999 posts)
  • Smash Lord (1000-1999 posts)
  • Smash Champion (2000-2999 posts)
  • Smash Master (3000-4999 posts)
  • Smash Hero (5000-9999 posts)
  • Smash Legend (10000-19999 posts)
  • Smash Obsessed (20000-49999 posts)
  • Smash Unicorn (50000+)
Custom titles are only attainable through purchasing a premium account.

Q: How do I get (insert banner or name colour here)?

A: Here is a list of all banners and name colours, and what they represent:

-- Site staff. Includes "Moderator" or "Super Moderator" banner. Moderators have a red user name.

-- Site admin. Includes "Administrator" banner. Administrators have a grey user name.

-- Purchased premium membership. Includes "Premium" banner. Premium users have a blue user name.

-- Member of the writing staff on Smashboards. You can read their articles on the Home page!

-- Member of Smashboards' rankings staff, in charge of organising and verifying submitted tournament results.

-- Member of the exclusive invite only Back Room. "Back Roomer" banner.

-- Prominent members of the Brawl competitive community. "Brawl Back Roomer" banner.

-- Members of the Project M development team. Includes "Project M Dev Team" banner.

OOOOOOO7777777 -- Pranked! User was pranked by a premium member. The prank lasts for 1 month/30 days. Pranked users get a hot pink user name.

Q: How do I change the site style (color scheme)?

A: At the bottom left of the screen is a button that opens up style options. The default setting is set to Smashboards Dark. An additional style is available once premium is purchased.

Capture.PNG

Q: How do I create a group?

A: To create a user group, two criteria must be met: Firstly, you must be a member for at least one month. Secondly, you must have made at least 30 posts before you are able to make a user group. Regular users are limited to creating one group whereas premium members may create up to three.

NOTE: Under the current Xenforo version, users are not able to create groups. All previous groups have been archived in the event that group functionality returns.

Q: How do I get [insert medal here]?

A: Here is a list of all awards/medals. Listing your mains in each game is separate to this, and can be modified in your Personal Details settings. Which leads us on to...

Q: I main loads of characters in [insert single game here]! Can I list all of them in my postbit?

A: Unfortunately not. It's only possible to list one main character for each Smash title. If you really want to show off your prowess with multiple characters, try adding them to your signature instead.

Q: Okay, so I just set up my awesome new signature, but it doesn't appear under all my posts! What's wrong?

A: Your signature only appears after your first post on a single page, and is disabled for all subsequent posts you make on that page. It'll appear again on your first post on a new page. So for example, if you post three times on page 84, it'll only appear on the first post, but not the second or third posts on that page. It'll appear again under your first post on page 85.

Q: Rabble rabble, I was infracted unfairly! What can I do?

A: First, try discussing the infraction and your point of view with the moderator who issued the infraction. If this doesn't resolve the matter, or you disagree with the moderator's decision, you may create a topic in Forum Support, where it will be addressed by higher staff (senators and administrators).

Q: Why isn't my post count increasing?

A: Some rooms such as Forum Games have post count disabled.

Q: How do I become a moderator?

A: As of 9 January 2016, staff positions may be applied to by following this link. Alternatively, you may be approached if you are recognized as an exceptional user with good posting qualities.

Q: Why is the site loading slowly/crashing right now?

A: Server issues or maintenance are possibilities. There is maintenance in the dead of the night as well. Follow Smashboards' social media channels to stay up to date: Twitter | Facebook

Q: Where can I find online matches for Brawl/Project M/Smash Wii U/3DS/Ultimate?

A: The Arena, Brawl Online Discussion, Project M Matchmaking Thread, Smash Wii U/3DS Online boards , Smash Ultimate Online Forum

Q: How can I gift Premium membership to other members?

NOTE: Under the current Xenforo version, gifting premium subscriptions is not possible. Should the function be brought back, an announcement will be made. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A: Go to the Account Upgrades page, decide how long you want to gift Premium for, and click "Gift" beside the chosen amount. Enter the name of the user you want to gift Premium to, and click "Gift", which will take you to PayPal to complete the payment.

Q: I just bought/was gifted Premium. How do I use all my shiny new tools such as pranks and post backgrounds?

A: Please see this thread for information on how to use Premium perks and features.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom