• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash4 tier list they should've shown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received

Made a list like Low Tier God's USF4 list, it categorizes the characters based on how much skill they need to be played. Last two miis could be on the skill section I suppose, didn't have any space. Take your time reading what each tier means and we should at least agree for most of it. Keep in mind it doesn't take customs into account, but main differences would prob be Pikachu/DK/Villager moving to Low IQ, probably nothing else. Also there's no particular order between the characters

Now for the tiers. "Low IQ" characters are characters with an extremely basic gameplan that is still enough to fraud good players. Most of those characters are played basically by running and shielding and doing some string out of a grab(Luigi, Ness) or dash attack(Falcon, Fox, MK). Some of them may have extremely fraudulent moves in rage(Mac, Lucario, Wario, Bowser, Mii Brawler). Basically those characters represent exactly how nooby Smash4 can be.

The derp section are one dimensional characters, while several of those chars may suck, they mostly are very easy to play and have a very basic playstyle. The difference between derp and Low IQ is that Low IQ chars can easily get you wins for no reason while derp chars, while braindead and easy, aren't as fraudulent.

The borderline section are characters that are unique/reliant on footsies enough to be in the skill section, but usually have some derp/low iq properties that prevent them to get on that tier. For example, ZSS has a very braindead up b kill out of grab, but her grab sucks so she can't simply commit to it all day like Falcon, she actually has a very elaborate playstyle. Same with Rosalina, you need to know how to play footsies before randomly pulling those 40 percent luma kills. ROB's dthrow uair is extremely braindead but he's very slow so he actually has to work for his grabs.

The skill section, while some of those chars may be very good, they are still all honest characters who have to work for their combos/kills. Sure, Yoshi/Pikachu or even Greninja are all strong characters, but their risk/reward is actually fair, they actually require reads to combo/kill.

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this thread is very biased... You seem kinda condescending to people in your "low IQ" tier.

Also I play as pit/dark pit and feel like they are honestly one of the easiest characters to pick up and combo with.

You seem to over generalize to the extreme. Any character can be made one dementional if you use only one attack.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
By this logic, every single character on the game is braindead. You can play against Marth's spamming F-Smash, or Kirby's spamming Stone (glad I'm not on this group), Meta Knights who spam Tornado, Peach's spamming the Turnip (I really hope this is a minority!). Goddamnit, I've played against a Pikachu on FG who spammed Skull Bash. Skull. Freaking. Bash.
Also, a little bias: Jigglypuff is certainly not derp. You are sounding like that Yoshi guy on FG who said I've won by luck despite Jiggs having not nearly having the strength he has. You even main Yoshi, was that you? :psycho:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom