• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Wii U Gamecube Controller vs the old ones

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone tell me how the new Smash Wii U gamecube controllers feel and play compared to the old ones? I'm specifically wondering about the deadzone in the joystick and the stiffness of the trigger buttons.

I'm considering replacing my controller and I wanna know if I should get one of the newer ones.

Thanks in advance, folks.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
the analogue sticks are stiffer. i've heard that the shoulder buttons and all the other buttons feel like they have less quality but i'm not sure if that's true or not.

Agni Shine

Smash Rookie
The new ones are fine for the most part including the left analogue and buttons, but I do have a few complaints. For instance I swear that the c-stick is somewhat non-responsive. I've bought two new sm4sh controllers at this point and both have this issue where I'll try to angle an f-smash and samus will just stand there like I didn't even do anything. I've never had a problem doing it with my indigo controller.

Also, the triggers do catch on the edges of their slot if you press them down at an angle, but this isn't a problem for me, neither is it for most.

Top Bottom