• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Menu Emu(lator)!

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
We've all wanted to see this at one time or another, we've also gotted pretty happy when the DOJO showed us these, but it has never felt complete, probably because it wasn't, but now, I've taken upon myself the job to compose pictures from the DOJO to give you:
The Smash Menu Emu!

This was poorly done with HTML(Image mapping), so I could finish it faster, but I hope it's good enough =P

This dandy site lets you view the Menu system in Brawl, the way it probably will be, in some of the modes, I also added a short series of pictures from the DOJO to show you some selections that'll be available inside them(Not all)

A few notes before I finish though:
1.I'm sorry for the terrible quality, but that's the best I could get, I took the one from the DOJO in their great quality, but had to resize it so it won't overlap on the screen =\
2.This will only work correctly on a 800x600 resolution, due to image mapping code.
3.This one really isn't my fault, I made all the pages uploaded them then checked to see they work, but just yesterday(When I was 4 pages from being done), suddenly popped up this banner on the bottom, it wouldn't be such a problem if I used a different method, but this banner makes the pictures downsize, so the links are a bit awkward now... I would reupload them, but it's like 60 files in all ><

Anyways, as long as these don't both you, go ahead and take a peek at what is soon to be on your TV screen.

P.s. the MyMusic and Musictest pages include playable themes from the game, just an easter egg I felt like planting.

Blue_Brawler

Smash Cadet
Pretty Cool.
But there aren't real screenshots from the main menu's 1player section.
So, maybe the subspace emissary belongs under Adventure mode..
But we'll see in the future.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want to delete that blue bar at the bottom of your page, just get to the HTML code of the page and then type <noscript> at the very end of your html code.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I forgot to mention that it is pretty spiffy also.

edit: in regular brawl I chose mario and smashville.
Thought it was cool that it showed a pic a mario in smashville.

then I chose Sonic and Lyatt cruise only to find out it was the same pic as when I picked mario.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Pretty Cool.
But there aren't real screenshots from the main menu's 1player section.
So, maybe the subspace emissary belongs under Adventure mode..
But we'll see in the future.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want to delete that blue bar at the bottom of your page, just get to the HTML code of the page and then type <noscript> at the very end of your html code.
Yea I know, that's why I had to scrap up some random texting for it, but I do believe SE will be on the 1P menu. =P

Btw, I can just delete the line that puts it on the page aswell, but like I said, that would require me to reupload everything =\

I forgot to mention that it is pretty spiffy also.

edit: in regular brawl I chose mario and smashville.
Thought it was cool that it showed a pic a mario in smashville.

then I chose Sonic and Lyatt cruise only to find out it was the same pic as when I picked mario.
lol
Actually, I had some pretty nifty ideas for this, but I had to, again, cancel so I'll finish faster(School's a pain =\)
It was originally supposed to show a pic of the character you chose on the stage you chose, but I had to cut it back to one, so I put the setting I thought most people would choose(Yes, I do believe more people would've chosen Mario over Sonic for the first time, and come on, Smashville is total ownage lol)

Also I tried to make the Character Selection screens post clicks to my mail, for a practical poll(What people would really choose, not say they chose), but unfortunatly, it's not available with Image mapping =\

@Everyone else, thanks for the comments ^^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
when u click on vault u get what should be the options page. when u click on options u get something completely differ. vault is stuff like snapshots, videos, trophies, stickers etc..

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it. It's just an image with a button that doesn't do anything when I click it.
EDIT: nevermind, its working now.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
great job btw. i kno u jus started and i dunno how far u wanna take this but u could hav the ssb theme playin at the beginning and when u select ur char and stage mayb use 1 of the gameplay vids.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
when u click on vault u get what should be the options page. when u click on options u get something completely differ. vault is stuff like snapshots, videos, trophies, stickers etc..
I don't get it. It's just an image with a button that doesn't do anything when I click it.
EDIT: nevermind, its working now.
Yea, that's what I meant by saying the banner dissrupts the coordinates =\
Some of the button will be a little off, so buttons that are really close will get effected by eachother, try clicking right in the middle of the button, and you'll probably get to the right page.

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
It's a cool idea, but I keep clicking the wrong link somehow. I would also prefer it if the menus were smaller and not as grainy.

Top Bottom