• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
I'm just wondering what the full pack will have. My goodness I look forward to starting off my personal build with this.

I was looking in the MenSelChar and it had the Forbidden 3, i guess S3C lite is pmcc ready too. Cool.
You mean for the characters being added to a build or for the CC build itself

Last edited:

skylanderszach

Smash Cadet
I downloaded the Lite pack and used the Character Expansion code but whenever I boot it up, it takes me back to the Wii menu. This happens both with the Hackless and Homebrew version.

TheBirdSolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBirdSolution
I'm having issues with the events atm. They're coming up as the PM ones, but in-game they're messed up (Event 4 loading Wario instead of Pit, the Pokemon one just crashing etc.). I'm on Dolphin, I suspect it's a larger PM issue but it's bugging me bc I really wanna see the Smash 3 skins in single-player.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'm having issues with the events atm. They're coming up as the PM ones, but in-game they're messed up (Event 4 loading Wario instead of Pit, the Pokemon one just crashing etc.). I'm on Dolphin, I suspect it's a larger PM issue but it's bugging me bc I really wanna see the Smash 3 skins in single-player.
I'd recommend testing any issues with the PM codeset, because the .gct is the only thing that coudl be causing issues like that.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Ready for some newish stuff?

Who likes colours?

I realized it is slightly odd that Samus has so many colours, whereas Zero Suit Samus does not, so I have updated the Brawl ZSS outfits with 4 more colours. This should help with whatever combination you want for suit outfits.

Hey hold the phone on that second last outfit... is that dva suit samus? I guess Samus isn't the only female fighter who gets into a skin tight outfit after blowing up her armor...

I did some small updates on the brawl pose assets, should look much better.

Download link is the same as before: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211580

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Ready for some newish stuff?

Who likes colours?

I realized it is slightly odd that Samus has so many colours, whereas Zero Suit Samus does not, so I have updated the Brawl ZSS outfits with 4 more colours. This should help with whatever combination you want for suit outfits.

Hey hold the phone on that second last outfit... is that dva suit samus? I guess Samus isn't the only female fighter who gets into a skin tight outfit after blowing up her armor...

Download link is the same as before: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211580
Bumble bee ZSS makes me giddy.

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice

At least the PMDT won't nerf this.

Thanks for the update.

Markez Ellis

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a link to the Melee Wolf costume? The version on Brawl Vault takes me to a "Could Not Found" page.

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
When I installed the lite pack, I can see some corrupt components in the file info_en, i can't pass images, so i write path:

- info_en/MiscData[30]/3DModels(NW4R)/InfPause0011_TopN
- info_en/MiscData[30]/3DModels(NW4R)/InfPause0012_TopN
- info_en/MiscData[30]/3DModels(NW4R)/InfPause0013_TopN

This corrupted data doesn't cause glitchs or freeze, but appears when pause the game. The pictures are blurred and ugly, and i can't replace because are corrupted and the BrawlBox stop work.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
When I installed the lite pack, I can see some corrupt components in the file info_en, i can't pass images, so i write path:

- info_en/MiscData[30]/3DModels(NW4R)/InfPause0011_TopN
- info_en/MiscData[30]/3DModels(NW4R)/InfPause0012_TopN
- info_en/MiscData[30]/3DModels(NW4R)/InfPause0013_TopN

This corrupted data doesn't cause glitchs or freeze, but appears when pause the game. The pictures are blurred and ugly, and i can't replace because are corrupted and the BrawlBox stop work.
Yeah I was wondering if someone would notice this. I was running really short on space in the info.pac, because of all of the added stock icons. I deleted images where I felt no one would notice it, but I also deleted the Wiimote and Wiimote+nunchuk icons in the info.pac (and apparently the classic controller - I was pretty desperate to get this thing working). Anyway, all you'd have to do is export the texture from a vanilla info.pac, they're named something like "InfPause02CC" and then import them into this one. Just be mindful that you'll probably have to delete something elsewhere, like 10 stocks or so.

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I was wondering if someone would notice this. I was running really short on space in the info.pac, because of all of the added stock icons. I deleted images where I felt no one would notice it, but I also deleted the Wiimote and Wiimote+nunchuk icons in the info.pac (and apparently the classic controller - I was pretty desperate to get this thing working). Anyway, all you'd have to do is export the texture from a vanilla info.pac, they're named something like "InfPause02CC" and then import them into this one. Just be mindful that you'll probably have to delete something elsewhere, like 10 stocks or so.
Did you try this method?

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
I try replacing the corrupted data for the PM images, but appear like the corrupted data. Then i delete this files to try import new files (the same PM images), but again appear corrupted like the first time. How i can get this texture vanilla? (I doesn't have real disc of brawl because i am running the game in a USB by CFG USB Loader)

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Import these images, with these exact filenames, in info.pac/MiscData[30]/Textures. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. I didn't think people would really be using the Wiimote.

Attachments

ToonSmasher

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I've been following this project for a long time and think it's amazing. I do have one small request though. Do you think it'd be possible for someone to make CSPs for characters such as OoT Link and Classic Pit that match the original costumes. It bothers me a little that all but a few characters have matching CSPs throughout. It's not really a big thing so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't happen but it's just small things that bother me.

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
Import these images, with these exact filenames, in info.pac/MiscData[30]/Textures. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. I didn't think people would really be using the Wiimote.
:cool: i must be one of the few that still use Wiimote. I doesn't have the Gamecube pad and I'm used to the controls of the Wiimote _:D.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I've been following this project for a long time and think it's amazing. I do have one small request though. Do you think it'd be possible for someone to make CSPs for characters such as OoT Link and Classic Pit that match the original costumes. It bothers me a little that all but a few characters have matching CSPs throughout. It's not really a big thing so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't happen but it's just small things that bother me.
Alternatively, I'd love to see alts re-rendered in the same pose as PM (i.e all characters have different CSP's for their alts).

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I'll eventually ensure every alt has their own alt pose, even DK who I'm sure I will hate doing.

As for alts having the S3 pose, I have 0 interest myself, ledge has done the ones he wants to do, if you don't know his weird rule is if it's the same model essentially with different clothing he likes the same pose. I don't get it either. But if someone who proves themselves as a capable renderer and then approaches me about doing some of them I could be motivated to give a little hand.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Ledge pls, I like them Smash 3 poses, matching poses are more sexy than you are. They're in style yo
I'll give you chocolate. I'll give you so much chocolate.
pls I love you

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Ledge pls, I like them Smash 3 poses, matching poses are more sexy than you are. They're in style yo
I'll give you chocolate. I'll give you so much chocolate.
pls I love you
I do no favors for people who undermine my sexiness.

The only ones I'll eventually do matching poses for are Snake (in an update) and possibly Samus. The other characters look jarring when their model changes and the pose doesn't, and setting up and doing renders takes a lot of time.

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Would anyone be interested in a Smash 3 build with just the default amount of costumes, Smash 3/C costumes and some custom music? (I'm going to end up making it because I don't like Classic Roy/ Awakening Roy, Sm4sh Roy/ PM Roy all the way). Just asking if anyone would want me to upload it when it's done.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
The other characters look jarring when their model changes and the pose doesn't
Call me and at seven other people crazy, but I've always found them a bit more natural, flowing, and unbaised. It gives a simple recolour as much value as a costume, y'know? Also allows people to put more variety in their builds without making it seem unprofessional. I think that's why Nano's, Codex's, and SJS's CSP's are so popular, y'dig? Consistency is attractive.

Of course, you're the render god, and such, I must respect your lordship's decision and bow and kiss at your feet in hopes you don't smite me for my blasphemous ways.
setting up and doing renders takes a lot of time.
Pffft, rendering is easy and you know it you hot devil, you boop a button and then you wait six-to-twelve hours depending on your light settings!

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be interested in a Smash 3 build with just the default amount of costumes, Smash 3/C costumes and some custom music? (I'm going to end up making it because I don't like Classic Roy/ Awakening Roy, Sm4sh Roy/ PM Roy all the way). Just asking if anyone would want me to upload it when it's done.
I'm not interested. I like the extra costume codes.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty much what the Lite Pack is if you don't use the optional .gct. Besides that, we will soon be including an optional folder that gives all the characters their Brawl/PM models.

Hi. New on this page, but I wanted to say that the game launched me to the wii menu also, even with the original gct file...
I still need more details if I'm going to help anyone troubleshoot anything. What version of PM are you running? When do you run into problems?

Last edited:

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
That's pretty much what the Lite Pack is if you don't use the optional .gct. Besides that, we will soon be including an optional folder that gives all the characters their Brawl/PM models.
Yeah, the only thing I really don't like about the Lite Pack is Roy, but the Brawl/PM models thing is more what I'm going for right now.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
ledgerewskie ledgerewskie I need to tell you a few portaits are incorrect: Purple DDD's RSP, Louie Olimar's BP, and Pit has the S3C Brawl stocks. Found those as I was replacing costumes. Also, the CSP compression makes it hard for me to replace textures without getting it to crash.

Last edited:

Blisky

Smash Rookie

I still need more details if I'm going to help anyone troubleshoot anything. What version of PM are you running? When do you run into problems?
Let's see. 3.6 Final. When I select play on the first screen. Now I'm gonna try with the extra slots .gct Which I hadn't tried.

Last edited:

Blisky

Smash Rookie
Let's see. 3.6 Final. When I select play on the first screen. Now I'm gonna try with the extra slots .gct Which I hadn't tried.
Never Mind. Tried on a different SD Card with the 10 slots .gct, forgot to copy one file from it, now it works neat. Only one tiny problem. Now I can't take screenshots, the game crashes and a beeping comes from my speakers...

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Never Mind. Tried on a different SD Card with the 10 slots .gct, forgot to copy one file from it, now it works neat. Only one tiny problem. Now I can't take screenshots, the game crashes and a beeping comes from my speakers...
Are you sure you've copied everything correctly? And where does the game crash? What do you mean you can't take screenshots? what controller are you using?

Blisky

Smash Rookie
Are you sure you've copied everything correctly? And where does the game crash? What do you mean you can't take screenshots? what controller are you using?
100% Sure. I was in the peach castle stage from PM 3.6 (Not the N64 version) I pressed Z during the pause menu with my GameCube Controller, and the screen froze up with a beeping sound. Hope that can explain.

Chag0

Smash Cadet
can confirm, taking a snapshot crashes the game regardless of the stage (placed the build over v3.6)

Ardent

Smash Advocate
ledgerewskie ledgerewskie I need to tell you a few portaits are incorrect: Purple DDD's RSP, Louie Olimar's BP, and Pit has the S3C Brawl stocks. Found those as I was replacing costumes. Also, the CSP compression makes it hard for me to replace textures without getting it to crash.
just checked this through my personal build. They are correct on mine. I'm leaning towards user error.

Top Bottom