• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Yalung

Smash Cadet
Well there went my time in trying to make Justin Bailey.

Ah well, what's released looks 100% more better than what was probably going to happen with mine.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Are you ready for more???

I SAID ARE YOU READY FOR MORE?

We know you've been waiting for him, the guy often associated with winged animals, the bigshot racer, who flies around with his own giant ship, and now in some classic duds we rarely got to see ingame...

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH ANY LONGER

3... 2... 1... GO!

It's BUTTERFLY META KNIGHT

Look at his association with the lovely winged butterflies!

Behold his love of racing, (hey he was good in Kirby Air Ride)

See his giant ship!

It's a costume you never saw in the games either, I know this was totally obvious! He comes with one more recolour than last time along with some updated textures. We hope you enjoy boosting away with him!

Oh and he has smash 3 CSPs as well, we wouldn't forget that : )
oh, i thought he was gonna get gauntlets for consistency

Obskore

Smash Ace
I decided a while back that it would be better to in fact not have it, keeps them a bit different and keeps him a bit cute.
i thought so, with wings like those
also, i noticed that he has a reflective material just between his horns that looks pretty realistic, was that added in? because i don't remember it

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I decided a while back that it would be better to in fact not have it, keeps them a bit different and keeps him a bit cute.
You just called Meta Knight cute.
This is how you offend and get stabbed by tiny swordman orbs.
Joking aside, I'm surprised you didn't go the whole different versions route you did with Justin Bailey.
If no one else does, you know I'm gonna be all over dat!

...You know, like I did with fixing Dark Meta Knight.
Yeeeaaah...

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Don't mind me just more expansion colour packs

Link doesn't always want a dark doppelganger ruining the fun, plus he can be stylish in orange, teal, and white as well. A rainbow Link party awaits us all!

I will probably just end up going down the cast list and making colours, especially if we are missing canon outfits or past outfits, stay tuned for more.

Last edited:

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Um, well, I leave this thread for a week, then we get cool stuff. So are all the PM costumes basically done, save Retro Falcon? Also, is anyone making a full PM build or is that up to me?

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
Um, well, I leave this thread for a week, then we get cool stuff. So are all the PM costumes basically done, save Retro Falcon? Also, is anyone making a full PM build or is that up to me?
I know the Smash 3C team have been doing their own build with Smash 3 and 3C assets over the PM assets. I'm doing my own build using Cbliss but I'm not expanding every character, I'm just giving each character 8 alts if they don't have a secondary team and 10 if they do. I might post that up after Retro Falcon is released (and hopefully maybe I'll be adding and extra boxer DK alt if they ever add another one *Crossing fingers violently*)

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Don't have fusion ending suits of ZSS, Retro Falcon, or Pig Ganon yet because they are still getting worked on / need help on.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
A number of people (myself included) are doing their own builds. If you like Dolphin and HD stuff, I can tell you that the lite build that ledge is working on won't have any HD assets. He will release it when Retro Falcon is finished, which will be very soon.

Layell and Aghanim will do what they call a "super-massive-ultra-mega-giga-hyper deluxe" build at some point when the 20 costume code hits, or so I'm told.

All told, you'll see a number of solid Smash 3/C builds in the near future.
Pig Ganon
PG is in no way affiliated with PM. A cool costume to be sure, but in no way necessary for a build to be considered complete.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I just want to make sure everyone knows that there is a Justin Bailey recolor project going on in the discord right now. There are both .psd's and .xcfs for creating everything you need to make the texture and a render. I'd like to see some more submissions!

Obskore

Smash Ace
Don't mind me just more expansion colour packs

Link doesn't always want a dark doppelganger ruining the fun, plus he can be stylish in orange, teal, and white as well. A rainbow Link party awaits us all!

I will probably just end up going down the cast list and making colours, especially if we are missing canon outfits or past outfits, stay tuned for more.
pls do 64 / Melee white Luigi

edit: *slaps himself* ok, no requesting, i forget

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
I was interested in this as well, so I slapped this together real quick like.

It's been a while since I've played around with models in Brawlbox, so I might've messed some things up. I haven't tested it yet, but I'll try to once I get my setup put back together.

One thing I know isn't quite right: the gauntlet strap color is actually the texture from the tips of the horns because of the differences between the Smash 3 and 3C body textures. I wasn't quite able to figure out how to fix this by poking around in materials and textures within Brawlbox. If anybody knows how to fix this, or could point me in the right direction, that'd be super helpful.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was interested in this as well, so I slapped this together real quick like.

It's been a while since I've played around with models in Brawlbox, so I might've messed some things up. I haven't tested it yet, but I'll try to once I get my setup put back together.

One thing I know isn't quite right: the gauntlet strap color is actually the texture from the tips of the horns because of the differences between the Smash 3 and 3C body textures. I wasn't quite able to figure out how to fix this by poking around in materials and textures within Brawlbox. If anybody knows how to fix this, or could point me in the right direction, that'd be super helpful.

Daaang, looks like the straps will need to be edited in a modeling program to either call a differently named texture, or to edit the UVW.
(Though it really doesn't look very bad at all)
What were your import settings? Last few times I tried to put objects on Meta Knight, I had issues.
pls do 64 / Melee white Luigi

edit: *slaps himself* ok, no requesting, i forget
This one skin is just important enough to bring up, it's just so beautiful. You could probably just borrow Al George's skin in the meantime.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Smash Cadet
Daaang, looks like the straps will need to be edited in a modeling program to either call a differently named texture, or to edit the UVW. What were your import settings? Last few times I tried to put objects on Meta Knight, I had issues.
Thanks, I thought it might require some non-Brawlbox stuff. I imported the feet, gauntlets, and straps from the Smash 3 model using this method (Theytah's).

Tested it today, and yeah, it's got some issues. It hit the filesize maximum, so I deleted the spec maps (which I'm pretty sure were unused with the way I imported things) and re-encoded the wings to CMPR.

Seems to work now:

link to new version (tested this one on wii - homebrew, it works)

Metal textures don't show up, but hitting a metal box doesn't crash the game, so that's something. Attempts to fix the metals either made the game crash or resulted in an invisible body and rectangular wings when metal.

Speaking of the wings, I noticed that Smash 3C's Butterfly Meta Knight appears to be missing its wings when metal, and the shoulders look like they're inverted or something. (on both dolphin and wii)

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
DONE!

DONE DONE!

DONE!

DONE DONE! (DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO)

DONE!

DONE DONE! (DO-DO-DO)

DONE DONE-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

Retro Falcoooooooooonnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! He speeds in with some sexy new features! His model has UV fixes and has been edited to make his hunky muscles bigger. And of course, he's got all new textures and shaders. In fact, he's got TEN colors in all! The recolors are the same as Smash 3's so that you don't have to lose out on any colors when using this model. And that's not all! He has three poses to choose from - the Smash 3 Default, and two Retro-inspired poses based on previous appearances! Can you guess what they're based on? It doesn't matter! Because they're based on his Super Nintendo Comic and F-Zero X appearances! There, I told you, now download it already!

I'm sorry, seeing Captain Falcon get hit by cars is my fetish. Here's one of him checking for a hernia instead:

And with that, the Smash 3C Project has completed its goal of finishing the Project M alts!

It's been a long, trying road to get here, but the nightmare is over! There are a couple of these that could use an update, and I'm well aware of ZSS's white alt, so if you want something done, head over to the discord and start working on it! The main group that put together most of this content won't be pushing out content at the same rate we have - but we did also fix a culling issue with Retro Samus, so you should get that too!

So what's next? Well you can expect an official build soon! We'll be posting more details later, but expect an easy install that doesn't muck with your ASL or music changes, and it might even support some of the more popular PM mods.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
And with that, the Smash 3C Project has completed its goal of finishing the Project M alts!

FINALLY! :D

It definitely was a fun ride and I'm glad that finally it has come to an end. I hope you guys enoyed all the releases so far, and all the fun things we teased and then eventually posted. I would like to thank anyone who worked hard and helped to finish the project M alternate costume goal in the smash 3 visual style!
On another note our developement isn't finished or ended so I would reccomend to head over to our Smash 3C Discord Channel! This project isn't ended or finished by any means! anyone can contribute on making new smash 3C skins! So please check out our Discord!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Oh we've done quite a bit now haven't we

In any case we still have a few minor updates for PM things, in particular I'm sure Pirate Wolf and PJ Ness will get updates, plus a ton of alternate renders will appear eventually.

One such fix is that Polar Climbers Smash 3 stock is much more improved now, hope that helps people.

I think now I'll be cutting down on texturing a lot, just a few fixes from me now. Hope you all enjoy Falcon and whatever else is next.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Oh we've done quite a bit now haven't we

In any case we still have a few minor updates for PM things, in particular I'm sure Pirate Wolf and PJ Ness will get updates, plus a ton of alternate renders will appear eventually.

One such fix is that Polar Climbers Smash 3 stock is much more improved now, hope that helps people.

I think now I'll be cutting down on texturing a lot, just a few fixes from me now. Hope you all enjoy Falcon and whatever else is next.
Will the Dark and Light Suit be updated to better fit the Smash 3 design?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Will the Dark and Light Suit be updated to better fit the Smash 3 design?
Despite not seeing the Smash 3 textures I had a good idea on the design from a few reference pictures.

I'm not touching those, no way. There isn't really much for me to improve.

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
Retro Falcoooooooooonnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY BEAUTIFUL SON

Seriously though, everyone involved did a great job on Retro Falcon, I love how he turned out, and it's been a blast helping reach that all-alts goal!
Here's to Smash 3Captain and all it's done so far, and all it will do!
HYES!

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Lol, welcome to Smash 3, we wait A LOT.
We may wait a lot, but I think I can speak for the majority when I say that our patience always pays off when the updates come through (even more so when it's for one of your mains)! Especially when it's milestone days like this where the Smash 3/3C dream has truly been realized! I know this is getting redundant by now, but it needs to be said: a HUGE thank you to everyone who's been a part of this project, it's been a lot of fun following this thread, and I'll definitely keep an eye out on the Discord to see if there's any way I can give back to a team that's given all of us so much :D

Top Bottom