• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Quick talk... Why hasn't anybody made a Proper Pac-man, Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie, Palutena, & Bowser Jr. PSA yet?

Also, is anyone going to make Some of the Smash 4 Characters into costumes? Plus make Masked Dedede...
this thread isn't really the place to talk about this (except for the last bit)

Last edited:

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
If anyone's checked Layell's Smash HD Remix recently, you might have seen some new Pirate Wolf portraits based on PM's pose.
Here, I have resized the portraits for Wii and included Smash 3-style stock icons too!

OscarJerico

Smash Rookie
List of S3C Characters Without S3 Stocks

Bowser - Dry
Ganondorf - Ocarina of Time
Ike - Ranger, Armored
Link - Ocarina of Time
Lucario - Gi
Mr. Game and Watch - PM Recolors
Ness - Pajamas, PM Recolors
Pikachu - Brawl
R.O.B. - Mario Kart, Virtual Boy, Wii
Samus - Light Suit, Fusion Suit
Sheik - Ocarina of Time
Sonic - Jet Set (only the Modern one), Brawl (only the default Sonic), PM Recolors
Wolf - Pirate
Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Let me know if I've made any errors.
Uhh...

Ness - Ninten
Wolf - Melee
Bowser - Rookie
Yoshi - Boshi

EDIT: Bowser - Giga Bowser
Jigglypuff - Brawl

I don't know if there are more, but these are the ones what I found

Last edited:

DarkWolf4564

Smash Rookie
this thread isn't really the place to talk about this (except for the last bit)
Heh... Just to get it out there... ._.

Who are you?
You know... I'm not really sure about that actually... Anyways the whole reason about it, it's just that I wanted Masked Dedede, but then I started typing about the other thing... And as you can tell, I'm new here. I usually stay on the Brawl Vault.

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh... It wasn't really a request, I was just asking if somebody was making it... and if they're not. then, oh well.
Masked Dedede has been out for a long while. If you are looking for Smash 3 Masked Dedede then you are out of luck.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205098

For future reference, if there is a particular mod you are looking for, your best bet is to go to Google, type in "[Example Mod] Brawl Vault" without the brackets of course. Can't promise you all the results you are looking for but you'll find a huge amount of material.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Quick talk... Why hasn't anybody made a Proper Pac-man, Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie, Palutena, & Bowser Jr. PSA yet?

Also, is anyone going to make Some of the Smash 4 Characters into costumes? Plus make Masked Dedede...
Message me with what you are interested in seeing and I'll get you started on making deposits into my Paypal account.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I bet most people would think once we've resorted to just releasing recolours we've run out of steam and won't be able to keep up with daily updates.

WELL THAT ISN'T ENTIRELY TRUE! WE MAY STILL UPDATE AFTER THESE RECOLOURS!

First up OoT Sheik has Melee Colours, for when you need to fight with colours you've been playing for years!

Then we have a colour expansion for MARIO, yes now you don't have to dress as evil plumbers or in the flag of a country you may not even live in!

Lastly in this SUPER UPDATE we have SUPER KONG

This Kong, and his often underused buddy help you out if you keep dying in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, I wonder if they'll do the same if I keep getting 4 stocked...

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
If anyone's checked Layell's Smash HD Remix recently, you might have seen some new Pirate Wolf portraits based on PM's pose.
Here, I have resized the portraits for Wii and included Smash 3-style stock icons too!
The stock for the green costume is actually red. Other than that, thanks.

Obskore

Smash Ace
I bet most people would think once we've resorted to just releasing recolours we've run out of steam and won't be able to keep up with daily updates.

First up OoT Sheik has Melee Colours, for when you need to fight with colours you've been playing for years!

Then we have a colour expansion for MARIO, yes now you don't have to dress as evil plumbers or in the flag of a country you may not even live in!

This Kong, and his often underused buddy help you out if you keep dying in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, I wonder if they'll do the same if I keep getting 4 stocked...
THEM MELEE SHEIK COLORS, I LOVE YOU
now all we need is orange Diddy, Purple Zero Suit and PM Poketrio recolors

Obskore

Smash Ace
excuse me, but the new Sheik recolors are absurdly big files, for example, FitSheikXX - Alternate Blue.pac is 12.4mb, what happened there? lol

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

Classic Blue Mario! I missed you so much! And you brought NES, White Raccoon (who might come in handy if I get JV5'd when I'm playing ranked netplay matches XD), Flying, and Maker Mario colors with you too! Thanks Smash 3C Team!

Last edited:

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
If people honestly think that I should like just slap them.

I mean recolors themselves aren't that difficult, but the process of creating renders for CSPs and BPs and Stock Icons can get rather tedious if you don't know what you are doing. And making renders for multiple characters as well? BOY...

Great job guys, really happy about the Melee Sheik recolors, looking forward to the Melee Zelda (white recolor, anyways, her other costumes were ****) and keep on keeping on.

Obskore

Smash Ace
If people honestly think that I should like just slap them.

I mean recolors themselves aren't that difficult, but the process of creating renders for CSPs and BPs and Stock Icons can get rather tedious if you don't know what you are doing. And making renders for multiple characters as well? BOY...

Great job guys, really happy about the Melee Sheik recolors, looking forward to the Melee Zelda (white recolor, anyways, her other costumes were ****) and keep on keeping on.
also, we don't have the PSDs, so they wouldn't look as crispy as these

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
I checked the blue alt and compared it to the one I made, and I'd say I'm pretty spot on. Hooray for me.
Weren't you supposed to update me on that? Was it because I stole those fizzy lifting drinks?

Is anyone else having similar problems with Holy War Marth's cape? This used to only happen in his metal textures, but now it happens all the time.

Quick clarification on this. S3C Holy War with S3 head has a bugged cape all the time. Original S3C Holy War has a normal cape that glitches when metal.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Mario includes the default Smash 3 color. Just a pac, no pcs. Weird.
Weird, killed it

Also apparently I am a terrible person who used an outdated DK pac, so if you got the super dk, GET HIM AGAIN :U

I checked the blue alt and compared it to the one I made, and I'd say I'm pretty spot on. Hooray for me.
Well I just sort of went with how I felt, I did tone down the red pants unlike Brawl. I felt it needed to be muted to work as a blue outfit (no wonder it was replaced!)

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
That golden Tanooki Mario looks much better than mine. Also, So many updates, by the time I am done with updating my build, another update comes out! I love it! Thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I'm so happy with this recolour pack day thing, especially since this includes the Kongs, a little sad that it doesn't include my favourite Metroid though.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I'll try working through some of the recolours for other characters. Samus is certainly one I'll want taken care of come the 20 slot mod.

As I believe I said on the discord once daily updates stop I'll get to compiling PSDs for S3 characters as well.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
As I believe I said on the discord once daily updates stop I'll get to compiling PSDs for S3 characters as well.
Awesome! Might we be able to have access to the Blender files to make matching renders and CSPs as well? (Whenever you guys have the time of course)

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I'll try working through some of the recolours for other characters. Samus is certainly one I'll want taken care of come the 20 slot mod.

Will say more nice things about you for more renders.

Edit:
Layell is cool.
He works very hard.
Is likely a vury sessy men.
He makes nice things for us.
He suggested I edit this post.
His Photoshop skills are on point.
He is a selfless pillar of the community.
He has taught me things and dealt with my crap.
More nice things for the sake of making this cascade format even longer.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Will say more nice things about you for more renders.

Edit:
Layell is cool.
He works very hard.
Is likely a vury sessy men.
He makes nice things for us.
He suggested I edit this post.
His Photoshop skills are on point.
He is a selfless pillar of the community.
He has taught me things and dealt with my crap.
More nice things for the sake of making this cascade format even longer.
This is extremely satisfying to look at.

This, even moreso, I'm so happy.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
THEM MELEE SHEIK COLORS, I LOVE YOU
I appreciate the kind words on the Melee Sheik recolors, I made those on a bit of a whim (actually you can blame Layell Layell , he mentioned them a bit ago so I decided to make them for him), and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. When it comes to making Melee Zelda recolors, I've got a few things I'm working on now, but afterwords I'll try to get around to them (Kinda forgot about Zelda while working on Sheik to be honest).

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Pikachu's been getting into his closet again, coming in with 8 new hats! Because the Smash 3 team decided to go with the Brawl model for Pikachu after all, we're updating our Brawl Pikachu entry to be a recolors pack. It still has all the Brawl hats, but it also has the PM alts as well as six unique hats altogether! Every costume has been updated with the new shaders, of course and come on, just look! It's Detective Pikachu for god sakes! It's not like you'll be using any other hats anyway!

Detective Pikachu is hot on the case!

Leaping through the air, Detective Pikachu spots a clue!

Oh no! Detective Pikachu is in trouble!

Whew, safe and sound! Smile for the camera, Detective Pikachu!

This is the May bow. It's been vertexed to look better but not as good as Detective Pikachu.

This is another hat.

Even more Pikachu love! Pikachu suits up as Raichu in this electrifying costume! (I know it's still Pikachu under there because he yells "Pika~~") This is the Raichu model by Theytah, now with new textures, updated shaders, and everything you'd expect.

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
May Pikachu seems to crash the game. I've noticed the file size I have for the .pac seems pretty large.
Edit: The Cowboy Green recolor is on the large side but it doesn't crash my game so I assume it's fine?
Edit 2: Oops, I meant the sideways hat Pikachu

Last edited:

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
Detective Pikachu is hot on the case!

Leaping through the air, Detective Pikachu spots a clue!

Oh no! Detective Pikachu is in trouble!

Whew, safe and sound! Smile for the camera, Detective Pikachu!

Now we just need a Danny Devito voice pack.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
May Pikachu seems to crash the game. I've noticed the file size I have for the .pac seems pretty large.
Edit: The Cowboy Green recolor is on the large side but it doesn't crash my game so I assume it's fine?
Edit 2: Oops, I meant the sideways hat Pikachu
Sorry, I packed the wrong May file. It should be okay now.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if someone pointed this out already
But the Jigglypuff recolors redirects me to the Ness recolors BV Page

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
"I'm de Treeasssh Man!" taunt or riot
Down B: "I eat the garbage!" SDs* "Suicide's Badass!"
Let's not get off topic though.
Aside from that great idea, I re-rendered Pichu and I think he got stuck in Flat Zone 2

Maybe Pichu wasn't meant for the Smash 3 Style. Or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Top Bottom