• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
It was always our secret intention for PM Roy to replace Naked Snake since old Big Boss was in the capable hands of the Smash 3 team.
Two versions because Roy doesn't seem like a "green guy" to me. Tried to avoid totally separating characters from the same series while also keeping the flow of the colors somewhat intact.

Last edited:

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
Two versions because Roy doesn't seem like a "green guy" to me. Tried to avoid totally separating characters from the same series while also keeping the flow of the colors somewhat intact.
I just wanted to let you know that certain characters have been updated, so they should have the 'Update' banner as well.
Ex: Bear Climbers, Mr. L, PM Mewtwo, Holy War Marth

Those updated characters have new renders too, so you could add those too...

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Dedede is looking pretty QUICK on the DRAW these days! he's going to SHOGUN you who's king! We make the funniest update jokes, am I right? Anyway, Shogun Dedede has had his textures updated with some sexy new shaders. He comes with all three standard colors so you can play in teams and have such a good and fun time with your friends when you hang out please invite me I'm lonely.

also, QuickLava QuickLava , those are cool but don't worry about those. I already made the new chart for the end of the daily updates, I just don't want to do daily versions of it.

Last edited:

PepsiforPizza1895

Smash Cadet

Dedede is looking pretty QUICK on the DRAW these days! he's going to SHOGUN you who's king! We make the funniest update jokes, am I right? Anyway, Shogun Dedede has had his textures updated with some sexy new shaders. He comes with all three standard colors so you can play in teams and have such a good and fun time with your friends when you hang out please invite me I'm lonely.

also, QuickLava QuickLava , those are cool but don't worry about those. I already made the new chart for the end of the daily updates, I just don't want to do daily versions of it.

Quite the SPICY MEME! 10/10

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
He got Smash 3 stocks two months ago when we added the MGS1 outfit. And many Smash 3 style stocks have been added quietly to pre-existing entries, so check them first.
Redownloaded. Thank you!

Edit: Should I make a list of characters that are missing S3 stocks or do you have that under control?

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I already made the new chart for the end of the daily updates, I just don't want to do daily versions of it.
Lol, kinda figured that was the case. Was looking for something to do more than anything. Now I'm just having fun rearranging icons to see how many characters from the same series I can get next to each other. Think I'm done though. Was a fun way to spend a few hours, so I'm happy.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Well that's the reason why. The leaked moveset is larger. He won't be getting updated anymore, since he works fine with 3.6 and already matches the current style. You can reduce one of the textures to CMPR, though.
actually it's the other way around, the 3.6 moveset file is 436kb while the 3.61 file is 433kb.
i thought of a little trick though, if it doesn't work i'll go with the CMPR method

also, shouldn't Fire Peach be in the progress chart too?

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie
Hey there guys! This is SatoshiKura, one of the modelers from the Smash 3 team. You may remember a little project I had posted in the Smash 3 thread who knows how long ago, featuring a certain blue-haired Lord. Today, that project finally comes to fruition, with huge, huge thanks to the Smash 3C team and the community!

Marth's getting some serious air! ...On his legs. Who decided that he had enough material around for a cape, but not for pants? Those straps excuse nothing!

Thanks to the Discord community, we have 10 colors total for Pantsless Classic Marth. It was a hard decision, but we had to limit the total number of colors to 10! We picked out what colors had the most diversity.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Pantsless
lol

Have you thought about using these designs instead or where you only keeping it true to his original designs?

This one looks pretty neat too. The "hero king" version.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Is the pack going to be updated? I downloaded it but out of the updated characters, only had Mario and Link, but was still missing Retro Pit.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Tomorrow we will be releasing new content and new stuff!

Oh wait a sec...

Hint:
IT'S HAPPENING NOW!

It's Smash 3 Jigglypuff with the two project M alts she didn't get (...at first!) on her smash 3 release! It includes the Fairy Jigglypuff alt and the Headband Jigglypuff alt. The headband Jigglypuff skin works on her seventh slot with the PM Puff headband PSA. Enjoy!

You can now enjoy shiny cute wings with cool sparkles!

...And fight with all your spirit untill you will need to rest !

Go to download her now!

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
The headband Jigglypuff skin works on her seventh slot with the PM Puff headband PSA. Enjoy!
But plenty of PM builds (using original PM 3.6 full codes and etc. as a base) never got a seventh Jigglypuff costume slot. Which felt even more out of place because of Pig Ganon giving codes and all the stuff necessary to add him... (Will Pig Ganon be next for the Smash 3C?)

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
List of S3C Characters Without S3 Stocks

Bowser - Dry
Ganondorf - Ocarina of Time
Ike - Ranger, Armored
Link - Ocarina of Time
Lucario - Gi
Mr. Game and Watch - PM Recolors
Ness - Pajamas, PM Recolors
Pikachu - Brawl
R.O.B. - Mario Kart, Virtual Boy, Wii
Samus - Light Suit, Fusion Suit
Sheik - Ocarina of Time
Sonic - Jet Set (only the Modern one), Brawl (only the default Sonic), PM Recolors
Wolf - Pirate
Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Let me know if I've made any errors.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
I've got some temp icons for Jet Set and Brawl Sonic that I made sloppily but I'm busy today (birthday) so you'll have to hold on. If I get a chance, I'll post them.

tryptech

Smash Cadet
List of S3C Characters Without S3 Stocks

Bowser - Dry
Ganondorf - Ocarina of Time
Ike - Ranger, Armored
Link - Ocarina of Time
Lucario - Gi
Mr. Game and Watch - PM Recolors
Ness - Pajamas, PM Recolors
Pikachu - Brawl
R.O.B. - Mario Kart, Virtual Boy, Wii
Samus - Light Suit, Fusion Suit
Sheik - Ocarina of Time
Sonic - Jet Set (only the Modern one), Brawl (only the default Sonic), PM Recolors
Wolf - Pirate
Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Let me know if I've made any errors.
I made some for the mostly default alt colors so I don't have recolors for Dry Bowser, Fusion Samus, OoT Zelda and Sheik, Wolf, Sonic, G&W, or Gicario but if anyone needs these: http://imgur.com/a/1m4Mf

Edit: Just redid my bowser, zelda, and lucario alt stocks and I made sure to do the recolors. Added to album.

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice

The white outline might be transparency but it looks fine to me. Anyway, they're crappy and makeshift so... Temp?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Whoa, Samus! She is looking especially cheeky today - oh wait, she's just wearing her Justin Bailey outfit! We've added her arm cannon and leg warmers to her Smash 3 model, and there's even a version that adds her Project M hairdo! Oh baby! Use whichever one you prefer!

But what if you're using the SJS/PM3.61 Zero Suit Samus and want to match? Well we've got you covered there, too! We've fully retextured that model as well! There's an optional ponytail version, too! Check it out:

What's that? You think the 3.5 alt is even better than the improved model in 3.61? We've got you covered there, too! No optional ponytail, but there are some recolors! Because why the hell not!

Here's a shot of every option included!

And here is an updated chart since some of you wanted to see the progress we've made visually:

Also, please don't bother reporting missing stocks on older entries unless you have some to contribute. Many of the characters getting reported for no stocks already have them, as well.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Those shots of zamus and snake though XD

Also, will that white Zamus alt also be made?

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
The updates the last few days have been incredible. Sidenote, any plans to make a 3C bowser? I miss the brawl(ish) aesthetic.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Why does only the 3.5 Model get recolors?
I can't blame you for asking that, especially when the other two look so much nicer. The answer is really just that the 3.5 texture was started first, and we wanted to just get our work out. If someone posts some recolors on the discord, I'd include them in the download, though!

Also, the hair on the Smash 3 PM hair version was bugging me, and it was only until after release that I realized what it was, so I went in and updated it.

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
And here is an updated chart since some of you wanted to see the progress we've made visually:
I noticed that ZSS Fusion and Light costumes are missing from this chart. Have they been supplanted by the costumes in the Smash 3 pack?

Also, please don't bother reporting missing stocks on older entries unless you have some to contribute. Many of the characters getting reported for no stocks already have them, as well.
Fair enough. Brawl Sonic's stock at least seemed like an accidental omission that I wanted to bring to light. Will MaybeGerg and tryptech's contributions be implemented?

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
They probably didn't put them, or a certain Pig Ganon, on the chart because then the chart will look messed up.
There are 40 slots on the chart in an 8 x 5 arrangement. If we were to add those two aforementioned ZSS costumes, the grid would have 42 slots, which can by arranged in a 6 x 7 formation. The "Smash 3C + Project M slot" can be resized with minimal conflict and gives a lot of leeway in planning out the chart's orientation. I think it's more likely that those two costumes are still very much WIP.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I.. don't understand all the interest in the graph. It's just there as a quick glance of what's been done. If you really want to know the progress, go to the discord and look at the pinned message in #characters. That's where I've listed costumes with no progress, so you can help.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
3.5 Bailey was done around the same time as Brawl/SJS ZSS, the recolours were made plenty ahead of time.

I've been busy, but I will see about recolours, or providing someone with the proper files to create them.

Fun fact: The 3.5 Bailey colours are NES Ending Samus for red, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil for green, and Bailey with modern ZSS colours for blue.

Also if you want things out HELP US OUT I know nobody has progress on the 3.6 Light and Fusion ending outfits, and if someone were to ask me for my FINISHED 3.5 ZSS ALT SOURCES I'd give them those to help them get it out.

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
I.. don't understand all the interest in the graph. It's just there as a quick glance of what's been done. If you really want to know the progress, go to the discord and look at the pinned message in #characters. That's where I've listed costumes with no progress, so you can help.
I like graphs, man. I'm a Marth main. Can't spell "Marth" without "Math."

I'll check out the discord when I have time. My artistic abilities are rudimentary, but I'd like to contribute in some manner.

DarkWolf4564

Smash Rookie
Quick talk... Why hasn't anybody made a Proper Pac-man, Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie, Palutena, & Bowser Jr. PSA yet?

Also, is anyone going to make Some of the Smash 4 Characters into costumes? Plus make Masked Dedede...

Top Bottom