• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

First up is Pink Gold Peach! This is just a restoration of a Project M's easter egg, which gives Peach a pink gold shine when she picks up a metal box. A new metal texture has been added to better match the Smash 3 metal. Definitely cool, but we all want to see some skin, am I right?!

I never did care for Pink Gold Peach as a standalone character in Mario Kart 8, but she makes for a great metal box easter egg and looks great (especially in that render used for her preview image), thanks for taking the time to add in nice touches like these alongside the alternate costumes guys :D

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
is OoT Sheik gonna get Melee recolors? because the ones she has currently don't look like her Melee recolors at all, unlike Melee Zelda, Falco or Fox

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8

It's National Peach Day in just a few weeks, but we're celebrating it early with the tastiest Peach around.

First up is Pink Gold Peach! This is just a restoration of a Project M's easter egg, which gives Peach a pink gold shine when she picks up a metal box. A new metal texture has been added to better match the Smash 3 metal. Definitely cool, but we all want to see some skin, am I right?!

Oh baby! Peach is sizzling in her Fire Peach costume! This is her Project M alt with updated shaders and Smash 3 textures. Now that's one Peach I'd Smash any day.

Oh what's this? More Peachy goodness? It's Peach's Paper Mario-inspired alt from Project M! Fully re-textured with everything you'd expect, not to mention some nice recolors for a second set of team colors!

Totally not an Innuendo (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
so is the default shadow queen the red team costume then?
also is the blue recolor based on something ice related?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Peach's default outfit was just fixed with a small error on the dress, and I added in alt pose stocks that were missing.

Also yes default Shadow Peach is a sort of "red" colour, about as red as Brawl Marth/Ike red I know. But it works, I can't say if we'll ever expand the colours but if we do a redder one could always be in the cards.

Speaking of recolours, Melee Sheik might get them melee colours too, but I'd be only motivated enough once the 20 slot mod is actually released.

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
A man named Taiko once told me that consistency is more important than fun. I embrace that wisdom. Besides, she's cuter this way.
Ah, so that explains why S3C Armored Ike doesn't wield Alondite. Shame, I liked cosplaying as the Black Knight. Nothing wrong with a few creative liberties here and there, that certainly doesn't make the whole package inconsistent. But I digress.

I've arrived with another bug report, this time regarding PM Mewtwo's metals.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

We've got a couple of big updates for our favorite tiara-wearing Smash character today!

First up is Brawl Marth! This is no small update - he has been completely retextured, with some brand new shaders and new renders! Brawl marth has never looked better! And guess what, he now has ten recolors! Can you guess what they're based on? I can't!!

His new skin and hair textures have also been applied to the Holy War Marth download, too! But what if you are using the new Smash 3 Marth and want to match? There's now an alternate version that uses the Smash 3 head! Now that's a Marth update sure to please anyone! That's all for today!!

..or is it?

Classic Marth lives! This sexy model by Satoshi is fully ready for smashing, but instead of releasing him right now, we had a different idea. The discord proved so useful in recoloring Armored Mewtwo, that we're doing it again! The psds have been posted there under #marth-recolors, which will exist for a limited time before we post Classic Marth in all his pantless glory. So head over to the discord right now!

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
T I P P E R B O Y S

Will you be releasing CSP packs for other characters like you did with Wario? I'd love to get Smash 3 Marth CSPs in those other poses.

Is anyone else having similar problems with Holy War Marth's cape? This used to only happen in his metal textures, but now it happens all the time.

Obskore

Smash Ace
has anyone else found out that you can't pummel anyone as Smash 3C Wario in PM?
it's like he does the animation but there's not hit sound or effect or damage or flinching, it literally doesn't work because the hitbox for some reason doesn't connect (like that old Brawl glitch, when you could not pummel Bowser as Samus)
so, i'm using Smash 3C classic Wario recolors to place over biker... over classic Wario, and he does silly things, is it normal?

D

Deleted member

We've got a couple of big updates for our favorite tiara-wearing Smash character today!

First up is Brawl Marth! This is no small update - he has been completely retextured, with some brand new shaders and new renders! Brawl marth has never looked better! And guess what, he now has ten recolors! Can you guess what they're based on? I can't!!

His new skin and hair textures have also been applied to the Holy War Marth download, too! But what if you are using the new Smash 3 Marth and want to match? There's now an alternate version that uses the Smash 3 head! Now that's a Marth update sure to please anyone! That's all for today!!

..or is it?

Classic Marth lives! This sexy model by Satoshi is fully ready for smashing, but instead of releasing him right now, we had a different idea. The discord proved so useful in recoloring Armored Mewtwo, that we're doing it again! The psds have been posted there under #marth-recolors, which will exist for a limited time before we post Classic Marth in all his pantless glory. So head over to the discord right now!
GODDAMMIT I WAS SURE IT WAS KEPT-YOU-WAITING-WEDNESDAY

On the other hand, Brawl Marth is my favorite S3 skin, so I'm happy about him getting retextured

Obskore

Smash Ace
why isn't there a batch of CSP's and other portraits of Smash 3C Holy War Marth with the Smash 3 head in the PM alt pose?
i hate to be the guy who asks this kind of things, i hope you don't think i'm onto you or something lol

Layell

Smash Journeyman
why isn't there a batch of CSP's and other portraits of Smash 3C Holy War Marth with the Smash 3 head in the PM alt pose?
i hate to be the guy who asks this kind of things, i hope you don't think i'm onto you or something lol
Because the pose is stupidly similar as it is.

In other news Brawl Marth's default red costume had his wrong pants on, so I put them on properly. I'd feel worse if I didn't hate that costume already (seriously use the other red one).

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

..or is it?

You guys are spoiling me with all of these costume options (especially Holy War Marth with Smash 3 Marth's face!) for another one of my mains today, and I can't thank you enough for it :D

Also, thanks to whoever (I want to say that it's Layell Layell , but I'm not sure if someone else manages stuff there as well) updated the renders folder with the Marth and Peach costumes!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Just letting people know: Brawl and Holy War marth had an eye problem with the Brawl pose, it should be all fixed up now.

I have added Brawl Marth CSS, PM Roy and Brawl Samus V2 also have S3 CSS now too.

Both ZSS have them now as well.

edit at below: not anymore, it was really minor anyways.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
has anyone else found out that you can't pummel anyone as Smash 3C Wario in PM?

I made the mistake of thinking the ported model works fine over both slots, but it only works over the Biker Slot. The Zip has been updated with both models. Use it over the correct slot and it will work fine now.​

Obskore

Smash Ace
well, i'm experiencing crashes with Smash 3C Brawl Snake, with or without beard (00 - 05.pcs/pac), the game crashes on the frame his entry animation starts if he's not in the Player 1 port, otherwise it crashes when picking a stage.
i deleted the FitSnake00.pac and .pcs files to see what happened with vBrawl Snake and loaded fine, i thought maybe i had something wrong in the stock icons or BPs but no, it's the costume files, has anyone else run into this?

edit: btw, it happens in PM

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
After losing a W.V.B.A. (World Video Boxing Association) title against the champion Little Mac, Donkey decided to train and to become stronger so he's fighting against other opponents in Brawl! Get ready! he's in his orthodox fighting stance!

Watch out for his powerfull fist!

He has no style, he has no grace!

This Kong... Has a funny face!

Expand your character slots Now!

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
well, i'm experiencing crashes with Smash 3C Brawl Snake, with or without beard (00 - 05.pcs/pac), the game crashes on the frame his entry animation starts if he's not in the Player 1 port, otherwise it crashes when picking a stage.
i deleted the FitSnake00.pac and .pcs files to see what happened with vBrawl Snake and loaded fine, i thought maybe i had something wrong in the stock icons or BPs but no, it's the costume files, has anyone else run into this?

You could go to brawl box and compress the 00-05.pac/pcs to Cmpr quality if that helps.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

What version of Project M are you using exactly?

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
What version of Project M are you using exactly?
uuh, 3.6

You could go to brawl box and compress the 00-05.pac/pcs to Cmpr quality if that helps.
i've heard often of this solution, but what about saving the files again with ExtendedLZ77 compression? i mean, the point of Smash 3/3C is to have fancy hi-res textures. Either way, i'll just wait for the Smash 3C Brawl Snake update for now

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Well that's the reason why. The leaked moveset is larger. He won't be getting updated anymore, since he works fine with 3.6 and already matches the current style. You can reduce one of the textures to CMPR, though.
I have an idea for a mashup. What's Snake's costume pac file size limit in 3.6?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
uuh, 3.61

i've heard often of this solution, but what about saving the files again with ExtendedLZ77 compression? i mean, the point of Smash 3/3C is to have fancy hi-res textures. Either way, i'll just wait for the Smash 3C Brawl Snake update for now
3.61 is the problem.

Spigel

Smash Cadet
I don't know if was intentional or not but, Masked Man doesn't have any facial expressions.

Last edited:

Darxmarx

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarxMarx
3DS FC
2020-0150-5391
I don't know if was intentional or not but, Masked Man doesn't have any facial expressions.
I'm fairly certain that back when Smash 3C Masked Man was first released, it was said that the lack of expressions was intentional. Even in the renders, Masked Man is emotionless compared to Lucas.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Burnt out on my summer stuff, had to do something to take a break. Someone else is probably already doing it/has already done it, but whatever.
Also, ledgerewskie ledgerewskie ... coprophagia?
It was always our secret intention for PM Roy to replace Naked Snake since old Big Boss was in the capable hands of the Smash 3 team.

Top Bottom