• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Hey, uh, the Brawl Vault link leads to this thread, not the actual download.
And thanks for the report! it should be fixed now

Actually it was just a trick to download the other smash 3C releases... ugh I messed up this time lol

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
is the "crack" on that Dark Meta Knight just a vertex on the mask? i feel a bit sorry for saying this but i still wanna say it: it looks very simple and not like a crack or chip-off at all, it looked cooler as a texture on the mask, but i understand that modelling or vertexing the crack would be tedious
another tidbit is that his cape is white and shoulder pads are light gray and don't have his insignia in his left one
sorry... *hides in a box* (i still downloaded it tho)

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Since when dark metaknight had a Project M styled crack on his mask?

Answer: Never. Even in all the concept arts he allways had this type of mask crack

while the textured PMDT version was cool with the brawl style and everything, it didn't looked allright with the smash 3 style on it. For the color placement we used the smash 4 dark metaknight recolor plus some minor adjustements. For the right pad that doesn't have the logo, it's the same thing for smash 3 metaknight aka it was made this way for consistency (altrough I don't see any problem with having that). I'm sorry but that's our 3C dark metaknight, if you are looking for something different then use the project M one!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
if you are looking for something different then use the project M one!
Yeesh calm down hambone.

I'll try my hand at a Smash 3 version with a more realistic mask, I gotcha Obskore.

Smash 4 has always had small intricate details, like the slits in Samus' armour, the dents in Roy's armour, stuff like that. I feel like these details have been left out lately. Nonetheless, the work done here is absolutely wonderful!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
PM Roy also has them lovely new outfits, specs, and in some places larger textures. His textures overall were updated to fit into the final s3 style.

please stop talking out of your rectum.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Whatever happened to that classic Marth alt? You guys know the one.

I figured now that S3 has hit its final stride I'd ask about this. @SatoshiKuraVII seemed to be the one working on it, but no word has been spoken of it in a very long time.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Now I don’t know who created Pokémon Go, but I'd try to figure out how we get them to have Pokémon go download this new release.

*smiles smugly*

Squirtle has ninja clothes for some reason! I wonder if that shuriken is heavy... As usual, he has some new shaders, new textures, and quite a few recolors. He has matching Smash 3 CSPs, as well as a mysterious alternate pose. We had this guy more-or-less finished a year ago, and now that Smash 3 Squirtle has been released, we can finally release him!

Some hot, cabbage-sized picks:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe we waited one whole year to release this little buddy! As usual check out this thread tomorrow too! (you know we gotta keep the hype train going! Choo- Choo!!) also let's play a game! Can you guys guess all the recolors?

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
The red and white color makes me want to say Ezio from Assassin's Creed 2?
Good try, but it's actually based on Shinobi! I mean it is Shinobi Squirtle after all!

CABBAGES ISN'T EVEN AN OPTION IN THE POLL
Yeah well them's the breaks. Also I wish I could edit the poll. Kazan created it to screw around when he created the thread and now we're stuck with it.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
When I say I hate Dedede's new eyes:
Dedede_00_CSP.png Dedede_00_CSP.png
New left, old right.
See, cute-derpy is one thing, dumb-derpy is another. I hope you guys keep the current Shogun in the download as an optional alternate when he gets updated.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
one day, you will become hokage, layell.
I have a question, will the ZSS alts be on both Smash 3 and Smash 3C Brawl/SJS models?
And will the PM fairy alt and headband alt be on Smash 3 Jigglypuff too?
I was wondering that myself.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
one day, you will become hokage, layell.
I have a question, will the ZSS alts be on both Smash 3 and Smash 3C Brawl/SJS models?
And will the PM fairy alt and headband alt be on Smash 3 Jigglypuff too?
I was wondering that myself.
We still need someone to texture the SJS/3.6 Light Suit, and if you want an SJS version, someone needs to texture the 3.6 Fusion suit.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
We still need someone to texture the SJS/3.6 Light Suit, and if you want an SJS version, someone needs to texture the 3.6 Fusion suit.
I think the current SJS version is outdated, doesn't use the ambient occlusion or updated bits and bobs of the one on the vault.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
I think the current SJS version is outdated, doesn't use the ambient occlusion or updated bits and bobs of the one on the vault.
I can agree with that. Through comparing the two, the newest SJS Project M rebuilt version looks somewhat better than the current Smash 3C SJS Zero Suit. But I bet it was just a pain to make that current version of Smash 3C SJS in the first place since there are problems going on about her. (It's like we are lucky for the current SJS Smash 3C version.)

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
The current version on the Brawl Vault is what I am talking about. If someone textures the light suit costume, we can also refit it to the Smash 3 model. I hope this subtle hint is strong enough for some of you to work on it.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Just a small update for you today!

It's the Ice Climbers! They received an amazing update for Smash 3, but this is a pretty modest update to our Polar Bear outfit, just adding some shaders and the new faces, really. 'Took some cool screenshots, though!

The Climbers are looking excited for adventure!

You don't want to be Sonic right now! Nana's about to teach him a lesson for what he did to Popo!

Definitely my favorite stage!

Looks like they're teaming up to take on Snake in this one! What an exciting battle.

Is.. is she sitting on his head? Big LOLs!!

Ivysaur sizes up the climbers for a devastating blow!

They tag up for the ultimate attack!

Nana runs to reunite with her leaping brother!

Polar Power!!

Anyway, sorry the update was so small guys! Hey I'll tell you what, why don't you join us in the SMASH 3C PUBLIC DISCORD to discuss this minor update!
https://discord.gg/Gc7EmBD

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I cannot express how much joy this post gavd me. both from alt costume teatraders and the little funny tag lines. Well done and thanks for the beautiful and hard work.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
As ledge has perhaps hinted at in his otherwise minor update, there are a few major updates we will be releasing, one per day.

So please help us decide the next one we should possibly do in this very important poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/10906360

Top Bottom