• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Well then I'm dumbfounded, how is the Smash 3C effort supposed to get the unreleased (though heavily previewed) new costumes for Roy and Jiggs (and the Better Retro Versions of ZSS based off of Nano's ZSS model) in the future?

One option is to wait for the original modder to release them, but judging by what's going on now, that may not happen in the future.

Another is to completely recreate the costumes from scratch, which may come out better than the PMDT's interpretation, but may take way longer to finish: and judging by the amount of PM Alt's not done, it may also take a while (though not under the pressure of a new PM version making them obsolete).

I honestly don't know how Smash 3C can give the teased content the Smash 3 touch without causing drama while getting the PM Alt's done in a timely matter (each major member of this effort has been plagued by school and IRL issues, hampering progress).
I'd wager everyone who is interested in the models knows where and how to find them. If there's one fault of the PM community, it's that we tend to be too reactionary, so please, relax. Project M isn't going anywhere just because development stopped, and within time, authors of some of the unreleased models may be all right with retextures made of their work.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'd wager everyone who is interested in the models knows where and how to find them. If there's one fault of the PM community, it's that we tend to be too reactionary, so please, relax. Project M isn't going anywhere just because development stopped, and within time, authors of some of the unreleased models may be all right with retextures made of their work.
Yeah, I'm still a bit shocked in all of this, but it's probably for the better. I feel like I'm dreaming, but I'm not. It's weird.

Edit: Though I have concern for the "new PMDT": they better have their subreddit name changed or they may come under the spell of legal fear-mongering in the future.

Knowing what happened in the past month or 2 Smash related-wise, December 2015 will be remembered for alot of things.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
project m development stopped

i am expecting a full smash 3 build to forever engrave in my pm within two weeks max

get to it

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I do admit with the PM cancellation I feel boned, LUCKILY I HAVE A GUY WHO CAN HANDLE ALL THE BONING YOU COULD ASK FOR OH YEAAAAA!

...that came out wrong, now I have a bit of a mess on my hands, oh well.

An additional render is being added to Dry Bowser! If you are one of those crazy people who like all costumes to have the same pose, don't worry you aren't erect... errr WRECKED. The S3 matching pose is still there! So many colours, so many bones, I just can't handle it all!

Also lets have some chart updates, I rearranged the chart placement.. perhaps for the last time : (

But I did add NEW BRAWL CHART. Yes that is right we will support smash games that got no updates after release.

Expect more from Smash 3C soon enough!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
That Dry Bowser is using the old model, btw. It's missing the glowing shell.
We are using a vertexed model with no scratches cause we like it clean. So we'll have to see about that glow later.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
It's just a material edit, swap em out and add the glowing texture

Also if you guys touch my unreleased models i'ma be pissed.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Also if you guys touch my unreleased models i'ma be pissed.
That may be incentive for some.
But I did add NEW BRAWL CHART. Yes that is right we will support smash games that got no updates after release.

I personally use Ike's old Smash 3 CSPs with the S3C textures, as they are more proportionate to Brawl's. Just a thought.
Also, Sonic before the year ends? Hopefully? Maybe?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I do admit with the PM cancellation I feel boned, LUCKILY I HAVE A GUY WHO CAN HANDLE ALL THE BONING YOU COULD ASK FOR OH YEAAAAA!

An additional render is being added to Dry Bowser! If you are one of those crazy people who like all costumes to have the same pose, don't worry you aren't erect... errr WRECKED. The S3 matching pose is still there! So many colours, so many bones, I just can't handle it all!

Also lets have some chart updates, I rearranged the chart placement.. perhaps for the last time : (

Can't wait for son- Oh.
Also, i love the new render, the other was way too dark.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
A better question to ask Nanobuds Nanobuds is "Do you ever plan on releasing any of the scrapped costumes you had a hand in the cancelled 3.6.1 update?".
I think he should.
I mean, i might already have it but what if the build was never leaked? I would die for dat Roy and ZSS.
And im pretty sure those costumes took a lot of work to do, it be a shame to just leave them there, dead.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I've fixed most of my practically unplayable build. The original problem was that almost every costume didn't match up to its BP and CSP. Also Mario's default costume had Brawl's BP. I think there are a couple BPs off on Snake. Other than that it's pretty much ready. I might upload it soon. It would have been ready a long time ago, but I've used up all of my free time on both Reality 64 and Fallout.

Obskore

Smash Ace

not sure if it's a bother to mention, but that Retro Samus silhouette is the old version

[edit:]
I've fixed most of my practically unplayable build. The original problem was that almost every costume didn't match up to its BP and CSP. Also Mario's default costume had Brawl's BP. I think there are a couple BPs off on Snake. Other than that it's pretty much ready. I might upload it soon. It would have been ready a long time ago, but I've used up all of my free time on both Reality 64 and Fallout.
speaking of annoying messed up/unmatching cosmetics, i wonder if now that PM won't have more releases, the costume manager should be updated for 3.6 final. the current one still says it's updated for 3.5 even though it came out after 3.6 and supports PM stock icons but some portraits load incorrectly and don't match the costume selected

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Pik says he wants to release it but isnt sure how to go about doing so at the moment.
My best guess/suggestion for him is to:

1. Check to make sure there's no bugs with the costume/thing you want to release (maybe some new team colors for scrapped alts perhaps?)
2. Have all of the cosmetics in order (CSP and Stock Icons if it's not a default costume)
2.5. Make sure everyone who worked on the costume agrees to it's release
3. Wait a bit, but spread the word that members of the PMDT are somewhat willing to release the scrapped cosmetics for 3.6.1 after the dust settles (maybe by Christmas?).

Now my two cents on the more controversial aspects of the "leaks":

The scrapped/planned characters (4 in total) have been finally revealed... in perhaps the most unlikable way so far to some of the PMDT. I can fully understand if you do not want your work to be shown off until it's has that "Platinum Feel", but at this point when it seems that official development on PM will never happen again: I feel that gradually introducing the scrapped characters, once complete, would be the best way to not let that work be in vain, while not damaging the meta of 3.6. (from a new group of course)

Introducing the characters one by one would give people time to see if there are any balance issues with that character, letting whoever decides to complete them to be able to adjust the character (buff/nerf him/her) in respect to the 3.6 meta (with yoshi and Link's issues being fixed and maybe making koopa-claws' hitbox more usable) until it's generally agreed upon that the character is balanced. Upon further releases, the newly introduced characters can get buffs/nerfs in respect to both the 3.6 meta and the power scaling of the 4 newcomers for further balance.

As for distributing the characters, simply uploading them as "mods" on the vault with credit to the PMDT for their initial work on the character (and credit to the devs behind said character's revival) may be the best choice as to not further endanger the PMDT since it's some one else who "finished" the character. The clone engine in this situation however, needs to be more accessible to the public for facilitating installing the new characters as intended. (I'm curious as to how the CSS will look with 46/47 characters though)

Back to Smash 3C:
If the scrapped costumes end up on the vault by a PMDT member, would you guys consider giving that costume "The Touch"?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace

1. Check to make sure there's no bugs with the costume/thing you want to release (maybe some new team colors for scrapped alts perhaps?)
2. Have all of the cosmetics in order (CSP and Stock Icons if it's not a default costume)
3. Wait a bit, but spread the word that members of the PMDT are somewhat willing to release the scrapped cosmetics for 3.6.1 after the dust settles (maybe by Christmas?).

Now my two cents on the more controversial aspects of the "leaks":

The scrapped/planned characters (4 in total) have been finally revealed... in perhaps the most unlikable way so far to some of the PMDT. I can fully understand if you do not want your work to be shown off until it's has that "Platinum Feel", but at this point when it seems that official development on PM will never happen again: I feel that gradually introducing the scrapped characters, once complete, would be the best way to not let that work be in vain, while not damaging the meta of 3.6. (from a new group of course)

Introducing the characters one by one would give people time to see if there are any balance issues with that character, letting whoever decides to complete them to be able to adjust the character (buff/nerf him/her) in respect to the 3.6 meta (with yoshi and Link's issues being fixed and maybe making koopa-claws' hitbox more usable) until it's generally agreed upon that the character is balanced. Upon further releases, the newly introduced characters can get buffs/nerfs in respect to both the 3.6 meta and the power scaling of the 4 newcomers for further balance.

As for distributing the characters, simply uploading them as "mods" on the vault with credit to the PMDT for their initial work on the character (and credit to the devs behind said character's revival) may be the best choice as to not further endanger the PMDT since it's some one else who "finished" the character. The clone engine in this situation however, needs to be more accessible to the public for facilitating installing the new characters as intended. (I'm curious as to how the CSS will look with 46/47 characters though)

Back to Smash 3C:
If the scrapped costumes end up on the vault by a PMDT member, would you guys consider giving that costume "The Touch"?
To respect the original creators, I would suggest not trying to force their hand on the matter. If they release it, they'll release it. If not, please refrain from touching their stuff. It's called a leak for a reason. You'd basically be taking someone else's work and finishing it before them, without taking whatever the original creator had in store for the costume/character into account while also taking some of the credit away from them. Leave it to the creators to decide what they want to do, it's their decision (and work) after all.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

I think its pretty early to ask this much to him/them, or talk to him/them this way.
I would at least give them time for him/them to settle down before asking this much to him/them/her/it.

Besides, why work with unfinished/leaked/unofficial stuff when you still have a world of finished stuff to bring a whole new life to?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Anyways an admin confirmed they won't be accepting any pm mods for a while on kcmm

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I think its pretty early to ask this much to him/them, or talk to him/them this way.
I would at least give them time for him/them to settle down before asking this much to him/them/her/it.

Besides, why work with unfinished/leaked/unofficial stuff when you still have a world of finished stuff to bring a whole new life to?
To respect the original creators, I would suggest not trying to force their hand on the matter. If they release it, they'll release it. If not, please refrain from touching their stuff. It's called a leak for a reason. You'd basically be taking someone else's work and finishing it before them, without taking whatever the original creator had in store for the costume/character into account while also taking some of the credit away from them. Leave it to the creators to decide what they want to do, it's their decision (and work) after all.
The point you two were making about waiting until the dust settles and the fact that I suggested to make sure all of those who worked on the scrapped costumes agree to its eventual release was what I was originally going for, though maybe something got lost in translation. Though I do agree with what you're saying wholeheartedly. I wasn't trying to rush anyone really, but the reason behind "spreading the word" that some former PMDT members are somewhat willing to release scrapped cosmetics for 3.6.1 was this: if the scrapped cosmetics got released BY said members either here or on the vault, it would some-what limit the possibility of someone who has the leaked build from uploading the costumes themselves (and getting alot of flack for it).

Think of it like this: the longer the costumes go unreleased (officially) by whoever created them (thank you for your efforts by the way, they look very well made), the higher the chance that someone will take matters into their own hands and upload them on the vault without the original creators consent....

Anyways an admin confirmed they won't be accepting any pm mods for a while on kcmm
Unless it's by a PMDT member in case of the costumes? Or is it a blanket "No Exceptions" policy for the time being?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
uhhhh...
That's going to be taken down faster than greased lightning. It doesn't help that he probably doesn't have the consent of whoever worked on him to even put there in the first place...

I'm afraid I may've spoken too soon. :(
Think of it like this: the longer the costumes go unreleased (officially) by whoever created them (thank you for your efforts by the way, they look very well made), the higher the chance that someone will take matters into their own hands and upload them on the vault without the original creators consent....

Last edited:

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
So, for the Melee Wolf skin causing crashes in Brawl Minus, the issue it was causing might be due to the skin missing some bones that the original Wolf's model has, so I'd recommend looking into that.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
So, for the Melee Wolf skin causing crashes in Brawl Minus, the issue it was causing might be due to the skin missing some bones that the original Wolf's model has, so I'd recommend looking into that.
Or maybe it's just the file size.
Yes, sometime's its the file size.
Just like how i fixed a issue where one of the semi sonic alts i was making would freeze when you used the spring, its because of the darn file size.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Well then I'm dumbfounded, how is the Smash 3C effort supposed to get the unreleased (though heavily previewed) new costumes for Roy and Jiggs (and the Better Retro Versions of ZSS based off of Nono's ZSS model) in the future?
it's not nano's model, it's SJS model. nono was just one of the ones to help update it. if you want the previewed zss costume that bad then just ask SJS if you can use his old one and edit it.

Top Bottom