• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
The character Geno is currently over R.O.B. to go with the PSA on the Vault. All of the characters in my package have some sort of PSA on the vault that they can work with; like lucina and pichu. All of these models in the package can be found on the vault as well (as posted by their original creators, I just rim-light models as of now).
i want you to change something about Geno
make sure you make the color the same as the original design

and you should fix this because he should be more original

and change the alt skin that Geno already have to this because it make more sense and more original

Cahalan

Smash Ace
i want you to change something about Geno
make sure you make the color the same as the original design

and you should fix this because he should be more original

and change the alt skin that Geno already have to this because it make more sense and more original
I'm more focused on rim-light at the moment, but all these ideas can be taken into consideration when he/she decides to smash 3-ify it. Like I said, right now I only rim-light.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I saw a post awhile ago regarding stage recolors. I don't recall ever seeing anyone expanding on the subject, but will this group eventually see itself working on Smash 3C versions of stages too?

To give a perfect example, one of my favorite replacement stages (which only redesigns the way the stage looks and not how it plays) is the Temple of Time version of WarioWare. It, however, looks very rundown and the textures look muddy (or not the highest of quality) at best. I can't recall, but I would have to imagine that the 3DS version would be a better source of inspiration on how much better it could look.

A visual overhaul of some of these stages would definitely compliment the work that is being done here.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Here's some progress on Pit. I fixed the toe thing, and the hair is done, so I won't need help with it, unless I want it to look even better. @Ledgerweskie I remade his mouth. I'm doing the bracelets right now. The tunic will be the last thing to finish

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Well, PM 3.6 beta just got released, let's start Smash 3-ifiying some alt costumes! No i won't do that now, i still downloading it.

Edit: Still downloading it...

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
THERES A ****ING BETA?! OHOG5RJIEOFDL BGWEIUSJFKGHWJDNTHGBRJKHGBUIRENFHGV
Im sorry, too excited.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Melee Ganondorf got his Melee sword, and Concept Meta Knight got a new sword + sword trails. That Smash 3 Concept Meta Knight may need an update.

Toon Link also got a mask for a secret taunt, so that might have to be added to the files for Smash 3 TL, just like with Link's Ocarina. This is of course just speculation. Too tired to actually look.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
So do any of this work with PM 3.6.?
Well, 90% of it hasn't been tested with3.6 since it came out yesterday, so you can go ahead and try one you want to install, then report back.

I know that the Toon Link skins seem to work fine. The questionable ones would be Lucario skins and Mewtwo skins since they got big visual updates in the patch. Concept Meta Knight might still work, but it will be lacking his new sword, and the old sword won't fit the new sword visual effect.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Well, 90% of it hasn't been tested with3.6 since it came out yesterday, so you can go ahead and try one you want to install, then report back.

I know that the Toon Link skins seem to work fine. The questionable ones would be Lucario skins and Mewtwo skins since they got big visual updates in the patch. Concept Meta Knight might still work, but it will be lacking his new sword, and the old sword won't fit the new sword visual effect.
the new lucario and mewtwo graphics are not in the skin files, whatsoever

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else loving the changes to Wario Man in 3.6? How about the fact that he gets new costumes? I think Wario Man deserves some Smash 3 recolors, myself!

Wario Man comes tooting in with an update! Five new recolors! Can you tell who they are based on?!

He even has three poses to choose from for his Battle Portrait and Results Screen Portrait:

Now that Wario Man is readily selectable in PM 3.6, the Playable alt costume is a bit pointless, but it has been included in the package nonetheless, complete with stocks.

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Bowser's Castle lights are so soft, even more if the characters have rim lighting:
(That's my Smash 3C Kirby, with shorter feet like in Smash 4)

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Could you help me by making some renders?(i'll send it to you via Private Message)
Not me, thank you though, my renders aren't in the Smash 3 style (example: My current profile pic). Someone else might be glad to help, I made a render for my pichu, but I've been having problems getting it to fit in.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Not me, thank you though, my renders aren't in the Smash 3 style (example: My current profile pic). Someone else might be glad to help, I made a render for my pichu, but I've been having problems getting it to fit in.
Smash 3 does all of their renders in Blender using cycles and a three point lighting system. Are you still using BrawlBox to render?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Smash 3 does all of their renders in Blender using cycles and a three point lighting system. Are you still using BrawlBox to render?
Speaking of renders, can i ask you for renders for my Melee Wolf so it can be released? Im not that good at rendering,so i would ask instead.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of renders, can i ask you for renders for my Melee Wolf so it can be released? Im not that good at rendering,so i would ask instead.
If you get blender and try to use it, I can give some basic guidance, but I just spent about fourteen hours just doing the raw renders for those Wario renders, and don't have the time, energy or motivation to render. You'll need to make your pose in BrawlBox first, though, so try that.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
If you get blender and try to use it, I can give some basic guidance, but I just spent about fourteen hours just doing the raw renders for those Wario renders, and don't have the time, energy or motivation to render. You'll need to make your pose in BrawlBox first, though, so try that.
I got the pose done, so now, would you guide me through blender? I have it, but never used it.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
No, I'm using Blender. I have no idea what the 3-Point lighting System is. What I've been doing is making a plane with an emission facing the model from the distance, also, how do I get the shading on the floor without having to edit it into the background. And is there a .blend file anyone can use to just import the model in and render so that it will have the blue background in the back?

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Off topic.
Leave him alone.
Anyone else loving the changes to Wario Man in 3.6? How about the fact that he gets new costumes? I think Wario Man deserves some Smash 3 recolors, myself!

Wario Man comes tooting in with an update! Five new recolors! Can you tell who they are based on?!

He even has three poses to choose from for his Battle Portrait and Results Screen Portrait:

Now that Wario Man is readily selectable in PM 3.6, the Playable alt costume is a bit pointless, but it has been included in the package nonetheless, complete with stocks.
I like the red one. It makes him look like a statue pose.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty good guess; I didn't even think of the resemblance. They're actually all based on WarioWare characters, though. This one is based on Jimmy T!

No, I'm using Blender. I have no idea what the 3-Point lighting System is. What I've been doing is making a plane with an emission facing the model from the distance, also, how do I get the shading on the floor without having to edit it into the background. And is there a .blend file anyone can use to just import the model in and render so that it will have the blue background in the back?
The emission plane is exactly what you should be using, but use three of them. Try googling three point lighting and you'll get a lot of examples of how to set up the lights.

I don't know what you mean about shading - do you mean shadows? Don't worry about that for now, and the gradient background is something to add in GIMP/photoshop after the fact. You want to render them all transparent.

I went ahead and made a basic tutorial that should hopefully help some, so here it is:

Blender render tutorial

tadget

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else getting a null_pac when they open up the common5.pac for 3.6? Or is it just me . . .
Anyway, if the case is that the location for CSP's were moved, then could somebody tell me where?

Tanks bois, and great work to all of ya.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Is anyone else getting a null_pac when they open up the common5.pac for 3.6? Or is it just me . . .
Anyway, if the case is that the location for CSP's were moved, then could somebody tell me where?

Tanks bois, and great work to all of ya.
menu2, sc_selcharacter.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Wait... Has the smash 3 team smash 3ify giga bowser? If not, then are you guys gonna do it?
What my man @ Kurukato87 Kurukato87 said, though I might get around one day to rendering Giga Bowser for BPs and results screen portraits.

Mario Kart R.O.B. has been re-textured, but there have been a lot of issues with rimlighting it. I think it's related to some extra bones for the wheels and @Aghanim would probably be better at explaining, but whenever the model is rimlit, his shield and grab animations are wrong, his left tire becomes gigantic when shielding, and his gyro doesn't show up right when charging it. If anyone has any ideas or wants to rimlight Mario Kart R.O.B. and post it, please do! I'd like to post him soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom