• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hey smash 3 team! How's it going?

I just wanted to give you all thanks for the photoshop and 3ds max lessons you've given me, and all the good times fixing and learning to deal with various issues and glitches with the project, and the memes, the stories, the rage, the laughter and even tears we went trough for the last couple of years. And that although Im already out of the team for quite a while now, I still support you all as a lurking community member till the end.

Together we ride.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Hey smash 3 team! How's it going?

I just wanted to give you all thanks for the photoshop and 3ds max lessons you've given me, and all the good times fixing and learning to deal with various issues and glitches with the project, and the memes, the stories, the rage, the laughter and even tears we went trough for the last couple of years. And that although Im already out of the team for quite a while now, I still support you all as a lurking community member till the end.

Together we ride.
Edel confirmed for top-tier Fire Emblem taste.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
It is a sad day today. It was announced earlier that President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, died of bile duct growth at the age of 55 on July 11, 2015. We dedicate these two screens to a beloved creator who not only brought the Kirby and Earthbound series to life but also lead Nintendo to greatness.

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
It is a sad day today. It was announced earlier that President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, died of bile duct growth at the age of 55 on July 11, 2015. We dedicate these two screens to a beloved creator who not only brought the Kirby and Earthbound series to life but also lead Nintendo to greatness.

Why can't you be able to like a post more than once?!

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata
You've impacted many of our lives ;-;

Last edited:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys... I've been working on some projects and created some stock images for Smash 3 Mario for ProjectBrawl7. There are what I have so far. I'm very proud with 'murica Mario.
American
Wario
Teal
Fire
Blue
Black
Can't help it.. I have a passion for creating stock images.

PS: Rest in piece Iwata. I was never aware of the impact he left on the Video Gaming History.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Hey guys... I've been working on some projects and created some stock images for Smash 3 Mario for ProjectBrawl7. There are what I have so far. I'm very proud with 'murica Mario.
American
Wario
Teal
Fire
Blue
Black

PS: Rest in piece Iwata. I was never aware of the impact he left on the Video Gaming History.
Thanks for doing the stock images! Also, R.I.P Iwata, now directs wont be the same without you...

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I like...
Hopefully, Mr.ICan'tDoBetter doesnt come here. -.-
i can hear you
American
Wario
Teal
Fire
Blue
Black
@ NFMLH2 NFMLH2 nice work. i've acted like a complete stupid, would you forgive me?
Tip: Try using some kind of shadows on those stocks, just like in smash 4 :4mario:

psd: there's no need to full a page about this post, stop arguing about me.

Obskore

Smash Ace
i can hear you

@ NFMLH2 NFMLH2 nice work. i've acted like a complete stupid, would you forgive me?
Tip: Try using some kind of shadows on those stocks, just like in smash 4 :4mario:

unfortunately, when you import stock icons with many tones and colors, they will be dumbed down by the compression format that the textures use, so there's no need to add that much colors as Smash 4 stocks have. that's why Brawl stock icons look like 16-bit sprites and some PM stock icons look ugly due to being just rescaled versions of the costume model's head

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice

It's okay... I never hate anyone. I forgive you :D

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Unless you use another kind of compression, but i think that may glitch them, or make the game lose FPS.
It wI'll probably cause then to glitch out, since their materials are meant for only the compression they are now. Changing it will cause visual bugs or freezes.

D

Deleted member

I... i don't even know what to say about everyone here complaining about me not rigging mewtwo over P:M mewtwo. Srsly.. it's too much of a hassle for me to make a mod for PMDT. Why make mods for them if im not even part of their team, or even asked to do it? Only way i'll do mewtwo for the PMDT is if some1 from PM asked me to do it, simple as that.

And the rigging on my mewtwo will be pretty good, compared to the mewtwo rig gif Large Leader posted.
I actually don't play Project M, so I can relate, but please at least give his tail more bones so that it isn't stiff like the Melee Mewtwo hack. Please.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you understand how bones and animations work. Adding more bones won't simply make the tail less stiff. The animation has to make use of the IDs designated to those bones to actually use them and that requires modifying the animation and may lead to strays from the original movement, thus making it incompatible with the PM build.

Last edited:
I don't think you understand how bones and animations work. Adding more bones won't simply make the tail less stiff. The animation has to make use of the IDs designated to those bones to actually use them and that requires modifying the animation and may lead to strays from the original movement, thus making it incompatible with the PM build.
To perhaps better expand on this concept so Mario Smith can understand, bones are referenced by character animations. They tell the bones which way to move and for how long. If you add new bones, they have to be given unique new names that you would then need to reference in animations. Characters commonly have over 50 different animations, all of which would need to reference this new bone you've added.

That being said, Mewtwo is being worked on, rest assured. The PMDT is just as anxious as you to deliver a fluid, gorgeous Mewtwo they can be proud of. They are a team of tireless perfectionists and being of the same ilk, I know they hate sub-par work, so please bear with them a little longer.

D

Deleted member

I know how they work, I was just being lazy, as a skilled programmer would already know what I mean.
Besides, we are touching on two different topics. What I am saying is I want Mewtwo's tail to be altered so that the end result is me being able to make more fluid animations. I never mentioned Project M.

To perhaps better expand on this concept so Mario Smith can understand
Well that's rude. You know I'm a hacker (modder), right? Look at my avatar.

PS: I don't actually play Project M, I make my own mods (of which are unrelated). I simply am aware of how big this mod is, and came to the conclusion that if I wanted results, that I should come here. I was planning on making an entirely unique moveset for Myuutsu from scratch.

Also, RIP Iwata, you will be missed

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I know how they work, I was just being lazy, as a skilled programmer would already know what I mean.
Besides, we are touching on two different topics. What I am saying is I want Mewtwo's tail to be altered so that the end result is me being able to make more fluid animations. I never mentioned Project M.
You never mentioned that you wanted to animate it yourself.

Well that's rude. You know I'm a hacker (modder), right? Look at my avatar.

How is that rude? He is trying to explain why adding the bones wouldn't work for your original post. Grow some thicker skin.

PS: I work for Ubisoft, look at my avatar.

EDIT: Sorry for using one bad word. I got too sassy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You never mentioned that you wanted to animate it yourself.

How the **** is that rude? He is trying to explain why adding the bones wouldn't work for your original post. Grow some thicker skin.

PS: I work for Ubisoft, look at my avatar.
Wait, are you actually mad? Look, I'm not here to start any trouble. I was simply clarifying my previous post. You can keep throwing censor-blocked insults at me if you want, but It's only making you look bad, and I'm going to be the better person and terminate this argument right here.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Wait, are you actually mad? Look, I'm not here to start any trouble. I was simply clarifying my previous post. You can keep throwing censor-blocked insults at me if you want, but It's only making you look bad, and I'm going to be the better person and terminate this argument right here.
I wasn't trying to insult you, I was just using it in a general sense. I apologize for my sass.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I should probably be awake and stuff for when animation and rigging questions get posted.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
And will re-open in like... a few hours.

;)
You're not talking about what I'm thinking about, are you?

If you guys haven't already guessed, I'm not doing much for smash3 anymore. Finished some stuff, shipped it off and am just there for moral support and some occasional advice when my knowledge is actually relevant. So Ive been lurking around here more than usual.

Hopefully our remaining time together won't be plagued with ****posting, excessive meme usage, trolls or asking for release dates :)

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
You're not talking about what I'm thinking about, are you?

If you guys haven't already guessed, I'm not doing much for smash3 anymore. Finished some stuff, shipped it off and am just there for moral support and some occasional advice when my knowledge is actually relevant. So Ive been lurking around here more than usual.

Hopefully our remaining time together won't be plagued with ****posting, excessive meme usage, trolls or asking for release dates :)
Nano and sinister are talking about the animation tutorials SilentDoom is starting.

Top Bottom