• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juken

Smash Ace
I just noticed that the red Pit in 3.6 is different and imo it's beautiful!
He looks kind of like the red Smash 3 Pit. I hope they see the Ken colored Smash 3 fighter Lucario and then add something similar.

edit: this one

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I just wanted to ask, since Cbliss can now give all the characters (even Wario, Roy, and Mewtwo) up to 14 recolors will the next update for Smash3 have all of those potential slots covered (even Dr. Mario)?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Did you guys add the pink gold metal to S3 Peach?
We did not. One of our goals is consistency, pink gold doesn't make sense for us.

I just wanted to ask, since Cbliss can now give all the characters (even Wario, Roy, and Mewtwo) up to 14 recolors will the next update for Smash3 have all of those potential slots covered (even Dr. Mario)?
Sadly no, it's quite tough to come up with just 10 unique slots. Characters like Mewtwo would be very difficult to make 4 more for.

EDIT: What drogoth said.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
We did not. One of our goals is consistency, pink gold doesn't make sense for us.
Pink Gold Peach is basically Peach's equivalent of Metal Mario. That's why it's in MK8 and an easter egg in PM. However, I do understand your stance and that you guys probably just want to get this done already, so I respect your decision.

I guess if you guys don't want to do it, I could just do a version with Pink Gold Peach, and it could be beneath the official release in the OP like those other skins made by the community. I just have to figure out how to make a proper banner... And how to properly texture pink gold with no texture experience.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Pink Gold Peach is basically Peach's equivalent of Metal Mario. That's why it's in MK8 and an easter egg in PM.

I guess if you guys don't want to do it, I could just do a version without it, and it could be beneath the official release in the OP like those other skins made by the community. I just have to figure out how to make a proper banner.
I'll be putting it in the second post of the Smash 3C post, so don't worry about it.

Juken

Smash Ace
and I want to know if the HUD then updated to 3.6
Well, they've already confirmed stock icons for everybody, so that's being updated. I'll probably make aversion that replaces the tiny heads with the original circle icon since I'm not a fan of the tiny heads next to a big battle portrait.

That could possibly be included as another version of the HUD like how the sword trails and voice packs are optional.

Luna.María.93

Smash Rookie
the question, when S3 are finished your guys work a pack with the 10 costumes?

the actual pack is only the vbrawl costumes, I need the 10 for my project m, but im not good in hacking, yeah when S3 is finish, my congratulations to all members of team for the work. the best textures forever

Cahalan

Smash Ace

Sadly no, it's quite tough to come up with just 10 unique slots. Characters like Mewtwo would be very difficult to make 4 more for.

EDIT: What drogoth said.
Alright then, time for me and Smash3C to come up with 4 more for everyone! :)

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Wow, i left this thread a little while ago, ´cause school, now i´m back and i can say this is going very well, the new models looks gorgeous and well done!
Keep working hard, i appreciate all that effort and i´ll try to follow this thread to the end :bee::bee::bee:

ObsoletePixel

Smash Rookie
NNID
ObsoletePixel
3DS FC
1032-1711-1983
What's the news on this project? What are the current sticking points for you guys? Did 3.6 introduce any new difficulties for the PM side of things? I can't wait to run an all smash 3 PM build, it looks great :D

Bighands-Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-4982-0219
I've been surfing the thread for a while now and I haven't found a post saying which characters will be updated when the next version of Smash 3 comes out. From what I've seen, I'm only sure about Link and Pit. Can you please tell me which of the already-released characters will get updated? If you don't have a problem with it, of course.

Big fan. I've been following your work from afar for quite some time. You guys rock!

Juken

Smash Ace
I've been surfing the thread for a while now and I haven't found a post saying which characters will be updated when the next version of Smash 3 comes out. From what I've seen, I'm only sure about Link and Pit. Can you please tell me which of the already-released characters will get updated? If you don't have a problem with it, of course.

Big fan. I've been following your work from afar for quite some time. You guys rock!
Pretty sure everyone's getting updated, but they're releasing everything at once like PMDT does nstead of single releases over time.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Can you guys release a PAL version?
If you aren't aware, costume files work on both versions of the game. So yes, we will. Best part about making a pap version is that we don't have to put in any extra work.

You should go badger pmdt about having a pal version.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Pretty sure everyone's getting updated, but they're releasing everything at once like PMDT does instead of single releases over time.
So like, if Smash 3 DK is COMPLETE, would that mean he would be released?

Last edited:

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
If you aren't aware, costume files work on both versions of the game. So yes, we will. Best part about making a pap version is that we don't have to put in any extra work.

You should go badger pmdt about having a pal version.
Lol, already did, until they said that they halted work on it, now I'm waiting for a 128GB USB so I can just play it. But, I was able to get Smash 3 working MOSTLY. Toon Link and Sonic don't have sound and I don't know if the css icons were supposed to change or not, but other than that, solid stuff.

fleskywood

Smash Rookie
NNID
flesky
3DS FC
2578-3364-1466
If only you could download one version of the pack instead of the other from Dropbox...
It'd seriously save a a lot of time and space, so I think you guys should do it. Thanks for reading

Taiko

Smash Ace
Lol, already did, until they said that they halted work on it, now I'm waiting for a 128GB USB so I can just play it. But, I was able to get Smash 3 working MOSTLY. Toon Link and Sonic don't have sound and I don't know if the css icons were supposed to change or not, but other than that, solid stuff.
Sonic and Toon Link I think is due to replacing their FitChar.pac files, you don't need to use those since they only update the spin and sword trails.

If only you could download one version of the pack instead of the other from Dropbox...
It'd seriously save a a lot of time and space, so I think you guys should do it. Thanks for reading
You can. Go into the Brawl or P:M folder, then click download the same way. It'll download only the stuff in the folder you've selected (at least, it was like that before, they may have changed the functionality.) You can do this for any file or folder, so it's handy for grabbing only what you need!

Last edited:

fleskywood

Smash Rookie
NNID
flesky
3DS FC
2578-3364-1466
You can. Go into the Brawl or P:M folder, then click download the same way. It'll download only the stuff in the folder you've selected (at least, it was like that before, they may have changed the functionality.) You can do this for any file or folder, so it's handy for grabbing only what you need!
Didn't work for me. Every time i clicked Download as .zip, the screen to download the files never came up.

Juken

Smash Ace
Could anyonea preview of Smash 3 Donkey Kong? He's been someone I've been interested in seeing for a long time, and he's never been released yet either. It'd be nice to see how you guys pulled him off, and what ideas you had for one of his unique recolors.

Luna.María.93

Smash Rookie
when releasing some costumes are deleted? (10/10 costumes, and remove some old colors, I do not talk about the character's update

Everyone will have 10 colors or some will have more, remove to reach 10? thanks

sorry I do not speak English and know it can be difficult to understand me.

Last edited:

fleskywood

Smash Rookie
NNID
flesky
3DS FC
2578-3364-1466
I'm having a bit of a glitch with Yoshi in 3.6. Egg Lay and Egg Toss all have glitched textures, and the game usually crashes by the end of the match. How do I fix this?

Dreamtastic72

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dreamtastic72
3DS FC
4055-4504-6947
HI Smash 3 team. I just want to say that your work is really great. I haven't seen much passion in a group project besides Project M and Smash 3C. Take your time perfecting it. It will be worth it in the long run. Kudos to you guys!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice

Binding Blades will never let The World End! Even if it’s With You!

For today's screen we're featuring Marth with his Roy and Neku Sakuraba inspired recolors.

Last edited:
Hi-yo,Smash 3 Team!

Today,While I was messing around in Brawl Vault (Because I am a filthy otaku. :p),I checked out your project as It was on the main page,the name sounded interesting (For some reason) And I fell in love with it! While it took me some time to put the textures in PM 3.6b,It was all worthwhile! Almost every model looks spot on and I dare to say some look even better than Smash 4's! Yeah,I know It's kind of crazy,but It's my opinion. DIO WITH IT. And even If I don't like some of them,I can always change'em with the power of Brawl Vault Searching.

What I'm trying to say is that you're doing an amazing job. Brawl and PM NEVER looked that polished.And Please forgive the newbies and the people that have annoying behavior towards you. You're one of the reasons for me creating a Smashboards Account,so I can catch up with the Project's news. You're all doing an astoundingly amazing job and I hope you keep it up. From the Renders,To the textures,To the bug fixes,This Project needs more love. Heck,I wished your textures where bundled with Project M,so more people could notice! WHY ISN'T THIS DONE YET? I need an explanation *Cough Cough* PMDT..*cough* Sigh,Someday senpai will notice you.

Truly,Thank you for making this game amazing once more. Keep being awesome and Keep being more Dio than ever!

Last edited:
Top Bottom