• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Not just one screen, but two!

Link and Link are locked in deep combat. The question? Which Link is older? The one from the NES era or the one from the earliest chronological game?
Just want to say to help out the skins- The first Link's hair is too light. It looks unnatural. Could you guys maybe make it a bit darker? Somewhere in between the current hair color and the NES Link would look good.

MissingNumbers

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissingN
3DS FC
1048-8190-3701
And personally I think Link's NES-era costume should be more themed over Zelda 2 while Toon Link keeps Zelda 1 inspiration.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Just want to say to help out the skins- The first Link's hair is too light. It looks unnatural. Could you guys maybe make it a bit darker? Somewhere in between the current hair color and the NES Link would look good.
And personally I think Link's NES-era costume should be more themed over Zelda 2 while Toon Link keeps Zelda 1 inspiration.
"ok"

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I Don't know about either. It's really early to make that call as this is our only screen shot of Link in a while. Besides, both look great to me. I am digging the new sword trail too! it's nice we have been getting screen shots for the past couple of days. I am also happy to see Shun back(?).

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
This is the bit where I go and make a long post saying things about things where people that if you don't like thing are things and people please understand things, especially things I mentioned before and thing like that, oh and even more things.

But ya know what, I ain't, so I'm also going to reply with...
"
"

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Shun posting here again is my favorite part of the updates. The screenshots do look great and it seems like the update is very close.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Since it wasn't recieved very well, we went back and modified the hair a bit:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
The hair color looks much more natural now, and meshes with the other textures a lot better in my opinion. Thanks for making the adjustments! I long for the day when we'll finally be able to use these.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Yea, I do like this one a lot more. Haha, my b. It's good to know that y'all listen to us though. I am excited for what screenshot you have for us next!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Honestly, Shun posting here again is my favorite part of the updates.
I shall endeavor to make you regret this!

Luigi has finally lost it. No one is safe.

there may or may not be new things in this screenshot

Last edited:

ssjsongoku

Smash Cadet
Has Luigi always been that big, or did he have a super mushroom?
Luigi's head is 4x bigger than Marth's

Besides that, good work Smash 3 Team. Thank You!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Can't tell if you are joking or not, but pretty sure that Luigi has used a super mushroom.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Can't tell if you are joking or not, but pretty sure that Luigi has used a super mushroom.
Well, I had to think on this and came up with this...

MINDBLOWIN... MINDBLOWING POINTLESS BUT NONTHELESS!

EDIT: ALSO THIS APPLIES TO TABLETS

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Has Luigi always been that big, or did he have a super mushroom?
Luigi's head is 4x bigger than Marth's
You thought it was something with Luigi, but it was I, MARTH! and yes, Luigi was using a Super Mushroom

There actually was something new in yesterdays screen! This is one of Marth’s new palettes inspired by Ephraim of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. How many of you caught it from yesterday?

It’s okay Luigi. You’re not the only one who didn’t notice

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
You thought it was something with Luigi, but it was I, MARTH! and yes, Luigi was using a Super Mushroom

There actually was something new in yesterdays screen! This is one of Marth’s new palettes inspired by Ephraim of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. How many of you caught it from yesterday?

I think more people might have noticed if they had seen the inside of his cape. Ephraim's orange inner cape sticks out to me a lot but besides that, his colors are pretty generic. The color does look really nice honestly; I look forward to using it.

Last edited:

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice

Isn't Luigi new too? I don't remember seeing Luigi's update before the big head pic.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
He's definitely new. Most notably, his overalls aren't rolled-up anymore:

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Lololol Marth's hand! Never realized it did that. Also, I did not notice that color palette. I thought it was the old Virgil inspired one. Awesome Job!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I think more people might have noticed if they had seen the inside of his cape. Ephraim's orange inner cape sticks out to me a lot but besides that, his colors are pretty generic. The color does look really nice honestly; I look forward to using it.
Isn't Luigi new too? I don't remember seeing Luigi's update before the big head pic.
@ Rᴏb Rᴏb I wanna shove the nerd in your icon into a locker.

Luigi looks really nice here! The textures are so clean.
Lololol Marth's hand! Never realized it did that. Also, I did not notice that color palette. I thought it was the old Virgil inspired one. Awesome Job!
Truth be told, I am literally just messing with you guys. Luigi was new, Marth was too. Trick message and all that. Sure you're glad I'm posting again?

Didn't actually expect anyone to notice that Marth's palette was different, but when I noticed it was in the screen I figured I'd have a bit o' fun. And hey, if you thought something was new, you were totally right! Will I do this again? Maybe.

Juken

Smash Ace
Just noticed this with Smash 3 Sheik when doing her side-tilt.

Her nose clips through her scarf thing and and is white (from her face-mask I think), and there's some weird white spot on the side of her face too. Has this been noticed before, and is this visible on the new S3 Sheik (don't have to post a picture of it, but just wondering).

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Just noticed this with Smash 3 Sheik when doing her side-tilt.

Her nose clips through her scarf thing and and is white (from her face-mask I think), and there's some weird white spot on the side of her face too. Has this been noticed before, and is this visible on the new S3 Sheik (don't have to post a picture of it, but just wondering).
The nose clipping happens with Brawl Sheik too:

As for the white spot, that's very interesting. That seems to be a rim bug which we're not sure how to fix, if anyone knows how to fix that, drop me a message!

drogoth232

Smash Lord
On the topic of model clipping.

Most of the stuff that Smash3 does involves textures (no duh). There is an exception: Mewtwo, which involved vertexing the legs so they were more fat. Doc will be in this pile when he's released, but the clipping that occurs is unavoildable, and minimizing it would lead to messing around with single digit values which probably would result in a high effort-low reward scenario.

Now, if everything is just textures then if there's a rigging problem who is at fault?
You have a small list (depending on whether you play vBrawl or PM)
1. Brawl riggers/animators*
2. PM riggers/animators
3. The Illuminati

* stop at this if you play Brawl. inb4 but who would play Brawl with PM models? IDK, that's not my job. Don't get paid to figure that out.

The list will obviously include Smash3 Riggers (I don't animate for Brawl anymore) once Doc is released, but he's the only one on the table.

No tl;dr. I don't get paid to make those.

Juken

Smash Ace
So what you are saying to me is that I should repost the image inside of the Project M Updating/Fixing thread?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
So what you are saying to me is that I should repost the image inside of the Project M Updating/Fixing thread?
If animation fixing is a possible aim of that thread, then yes. If not, then you'll have to deal with it. Especially considering how it's almost unnoticeable in game.

That coupled with the fact that it would take way more effort than it's worth to try and fix the animation. It's just not worth it.

Juken

Smash Ace
Do you guys think you could add a little outline or shading or something to Sonic's mouth so that his smile looks less...wrinkly?

His smile looks great when he opens his mouth, but it looks funny when closed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom