• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
To re-iterate my point, do whatever you want with your alts, just plan to get to an official release at some point (I mean like in a year or two.)

I would think the project not being accepted by the PMBR has more to do with the fact that you guys haven't released everything for the game yet, rather than trying to distance themselves from the new games. They are certainly currently trying to distance themselves from the new games, but I seriously doubt a texture overhaul is that big of a deal to that end.

Ultimately, just give it a year or two and wait for Wii U to show some age. Then get all the alts finished. By that team the PMBR will be in the clear to add back in the Wii U characters to Project M (which there not doing now specifically to avoid criticism.) So it would be both in you guys and there best interest to not completely sync up from awhile, though both of your intentions are to include Wii U content in the long term.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
To re-iterate my point, do whatever you want with your alts, just plan to get to an official release at some point (I mean like in a year or two.)

I would think the project not being accepted by the PMBR has more to do with the fact that you guys haven't released everything for the game yet, rather than trying to distance themselves from the new games. They are certainly currently trying to distance themselves from the new games, but I seriously doubt a texture overhaul is that big of a deal to that end.

Ultimately, just give it a year or two and wait for Wii U to show some age. Then get all the alts finished. By that team the PMBR will be in the clear to add back in the Wii U characters to Project M (which there not doing now specifically to avoid criticism.) So it would be both in you guys and there best interest to not completely sync up from awhile, though both of your intentions are to include Wii U content in the long term.
Avoid criticism?

They're not adding Smash 4 characters so that their asses don't get a cease and desist.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Guys I have a little request.

Smash 3 Sonic doesn't has CSS Icons. I want it to do it myself but I don't know how to add those black outlines (of the Melee styled icon).

Taiko

Smash Ace
Go for it, bruh.

Might cry if Commander Lucas is gone tho. I would be curious to what other alt he could have. ;-;
Smash 3 Robot Ness confirmed.
Neither of these will go anywhere. (I mean PJ Ness, not Robot ness).
If a character has multiple alternate costumes, are you gonna give yours recolors, like Dr. Mario and OoT Link?
If I'm interpreting this right, then it depends on the costume. For example, semi-alts like Dark Meta Knight aren't going anywhere as they'd only require minimal editing on our part.
If you're talking about adding additional costume slots for recolours, no. We'd rather not mess with the codeset as that'd need to be updated every time a new P:M update comes out.
So, what does this mean for Alt Costume releases?

Will they come out with their character or are they still delayed until after default costumes.
This depends how we feel. Since a lot of the alt costumes look quite different, we might just release the main character first, then deal with costumes afterwards. There are only 16 more characters after all.
Guys I have a little request.

Smash 3 Sonic doesn't has CSS Icons. I want it to do it myself but I don't know how to add those black outlines (of the Melee styled icon).
Wow, don't know how we missed that for so long. Here you go, the download has been updated as well.

Obskore

Smash Ace
excuse me, if i remember, there were the source CSS background files around this thread in the latest pages, but can't seem to find them, i need the "Grid" CSS, because i got a new texture pack but the CSS pics come only with the PM and vB versions
may i get a link for it? thanks in advance

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
I think you're better off just ignoring Virtual Boy ROB, rather than reducing him to a recolor. It may seem less complete, but it'd be a waste to remove the pretty cool modeling job done by the PMBR.

Whatever you guys do, I'll still love you. I promise. Jake from Statefarm doesn't have to know about us.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Just curious, are you guys planning on making textures that don't inflate the file size by too much? They cause a couple of PSA's to crash.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Just curious, are you guys planning on making textures that don't inflate the file size by too much? They cause a couple of PSA's to crash.
For the most part, yes. Link's file-size is quite bad, but we're planning to fix it. None of us noticed that his textures weren't CMPR when we released him so that bloated his size a lot. Re-encode his textures to CMPR for a quick fix till we actually update him.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I don't know if this has been asked before and if so I'm sorry to ask it again, @ Shun_one Shun_one have you ever proposed the Smash 3 team to use the voice changes you made for Bowser and Pit over at your house of pancakes?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I don't know if this has been asked before and if so I'm sorry to ask it again, @ Shun_one Shun_one have you ever proposed the Smash 3 team to use the voice changes you made for Bowser and Pit over at your house of pancakes?
We were planning on adding Pit's KI:U voice to the pack once we release him, yes. Might use Bowser, might not. Depends on how things go, but Pit's voice pack will be used.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
We were planning on adding Pit's KI:U voice to the pack once we release him, yes. Might use Bowser, might not. Depends on how things go, but Pit's voice pack will be used.
Sweet, I really liked them a lot, so I hoped they would be considered for this project as well, is good to know Pit's is going to be used and I'm all in for Bowser's being used too, if it fits the overall appearance of the character that is (not that it does with the Brawl-styled one though), anyway, thanks for clearing my doubt.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Also, here's Link's new alternate costume.

I am completely serious.

Really.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I love the visuals of Smash 3 and would love to download it but, um... how do I download the pack? I'm embarrassed to ask this. I saw the image of the download tutorial on Brawl Vault, and I read the statement about clicking the "download" button in the upper right corner but I don't see this button. Any help would be appreciated.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I love the visuals of Smash 3 and would love to download it but, um... how do I download the pack? I'm embarrassed to ask this. I saw the image of the download tutorial on Brawl Vault, and I read the statement about clicking the "download" button in the upper right corner but I don't see this button. Any help would be appreciated.
This image should help you find the button.

Link (but not that Link)

Axonn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axonn1018
3DS FC
3454-1237-0469
That silver looks much much better than the red. Really looking forward to this new Ganon.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Quick question. Since we can ask for specific character renders in high quality, can I also ask for certain costumes too?
Once Ganon gets released I'd love to get the blue costume's render, that'd be great. And yea, that preview looks amazing. Can't wait haha

Taiko

Smash Ace
Quick question. Since we can ask for specific character renders in high quality, can I also ask for certain costumes too?
Once Ganon gets released I'd love to get the blue costume's render, that'd be great. And yea, that preview looks amazing. Can't wait haha
Of course, keep in mind some of them might not be "full size".
In Ganondorf's case they'll all be full size though. The render is still quite WIP though, but the Old Spice cape was just too good to pass up.

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I doubt you guys would do this, but it'd be really cool if you included the Smash 4 alts we know about like Fierce Deity and Alph

mightyXtreme

Smash Rookie
NNID
mightyXtreme4
How exactly do I apply the extra colors/costumes? Do I just drag and drop like before or do I have to put them in specific folders?

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Hey Taiko, can we please get the front page updated to included the HD Wallpaper renders for the newer updates? The ones I think are missing are Bowser, Toon Link, King Dedede, G&W, Ike, Ganon, Falco, Ice Climbers Mewtwo and Lucario (those last two being your best two renders imho). Also really like the way you guys have done the new textures ever since the your shift in perspective. The quality we're seeing here rivals that of Smash 4, and this is using 6 year old models and texture restraints. That change has produced some excellent results so far and I can't wait to see more of the characters.

:happysheep: Thank You Based Smash 3 Gods :happysheep:

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Of course, keep in mind some of them might not be "full size".
In Ganondorf's case they'll all be full size though. The render is still quite WIP though, but the Old Spice cape was just too good to pass up.
Wow in that case I want HQ Lord Ike :love:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Ganondorf is here!...again!

Wow in that case I want HQ Lord Ike :love:
Here you go guys:

Hey Taiko, can we please get the front page updated to included the HD Wallpaper renders for the newer updates? The ones I think are missing are Bowser, Toon Link, King Dedede, G&W, Ike, Ganon, Falco, Ice Climbers Mewtwo and Lucario (those last two being your best two renders imho). Also really like the way you guys have done the new textures ever since the your shift in perspective. The quality we're seeing here rivals that of Smash 4, and this is using 6 year old models and texture restraints. That change has produced some excellent results so far and I can't wait to see more of the characters.

:happysheep: Thank You Based Smash 3 Gods :happysheep:
Since we've got so many, we've decided to just upload them all to an album:

It'll be added to Shun's post in the OP, so you can find it there in the future!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The King of Spice and Hair Products looks great, Smash 3 Team.

Can't wait to use this one in-game, especially with Purpledorf.

Top Bottom