• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taiko

Smash Ace
Lucario is here, along with two extra recolors for your various needs! He was mainly designed by Galaga before he had to leave the modding scene for a bit. Some of you may remember him teasing Lucario way back, we've finally gotten around to finishing him!

There will be reveals, do not question my psychic abilities!!!
I saw you watching the thread as I was about to post, I just thought "oh no, gotta hurry up before he beats me to it."
But...I was too slow.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
@ Taiko Taiko said:
I saw you watching the thread as I was about to post, I just thought "oh no, gotta hurry up before he beats me to it."
But...I was too slow.
My master, The Almighty Sanic, would be pleased with my latest escapade.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Lucario is here, along with two extra recolors for your various needs! He was mainly designed by Galaga before he had to leave the modding scene for a bit. Some of you may remember him teasing Lucario way back, we've finally gotten around to finishing him!

But...I was too slow.

DAT RENDER, DAT LUCARIO, 10/10 HYPE

Taiko

Smash Ace
A quick heads up, I did a minor update to one of the textures (eye edit). It's nothing drastic, so you don't need to redownload if you don't want to, but it's there.

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
So are ya'll gonna make a Dr. Mario based off of the leak or are you gonna make one up? sorry if this has been answered before. Nice lucario, btw!

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Edit: lol never mind, I can do it myself.

And great Lucario, the new clean and brighter textures fit him so muuuuch better now.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
So are ya'll gonna make a Dr. Mario based off of the leak or are you gonna make one up? sorry if this has been answered before. Nice lucario, btw!
Good question, probably going to just make our own if he hasn't revealed by the time we get to him. We've got a pretty good idea of how he'll look anyway judging by the other fighters.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Good question, probably going to just make our own if he hasn't revealed by the time we get to him. We've got a pretty good idea of how he'll look anyway judging by the other fighters.
turns out that Dr. Mario is real in Smash 4, it'll be easier to base him off when the HQ art is revealed

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So, Smash 3 team.
Make it happen. Physique and all.

Sarcastic demands aside, if you guys try to recreate this design it will warm my heart as a Mother fan. Leaked Ness no longer looks chubby and smug (Not that I dislike his old designs, this one just does the character more justice.). Additionally, since Lucas seemingly won't be in Smash 4, this is about his only hope to be translated into this style. <3

Whatever you guys do, I'm sure it'll be great.

SiLLyDJ

Smash Cadet
NNID
SiLLyDJ
3DS FC
4399-0933-5544
So, Smash 3 team.
Make it happen. Physique and all.

Sarcastic demands aside, if you guys try to recreate this design it will warm my heart as a Mother fan. Leaked Ness no longer looks chubby and smug (Not that I dislike his old designs, this one just does the character more justice.). Additionally, since Lucas seemingly won't be in Smash 4, this is about his only hope to be translated into this style. <3

Whatever you guys do, I'm sure it'll be great.
Smash 3 Team pls! :ness:

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146

Nah but seriously, we were planning on touching up Ness whenever we get around to it.

Lots of good things are still yet to come guys.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Hmm, I would, but we're pretty close to finishing a Marth update soon. You shall get your renders then!
That's even better. Hopefully soon because now that I know my favorite characters getting an update soon, I can't wait D:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I have a question for you all today.
We were considering replacing some P:M alts entirely with our own and just not doing the P:M versions, how would you guys feel about this?
At this moment we're specifically considering replacing Marth and Ike's with Awakening Marth and Hero Ike. Marth would have FE12 Marth (current) as the default with Awakening Marth as his costume, while Ike would get Hero Ike as his default, and Ranger Ike as his costume. Other things that have been talked about were replacing Virtual Boy ROB with a simple Virtual Boy recolour for ROB.

Not all costumes would be changed, just the ones that we don't really feel like doing. To reach a realistic "finish" point and with school closing in, we need to start making decisions as to whether we'd like to force ourselves to do the costumes, or replace them with our own. During school our team's modding time will be much more limited, and we had no idea so many costumes would come. Not all of them have struck us as "must-use" costumes either, so by changing a few to our liking, not only will we be much more motivated to finish them, you guys will most likely get better content.

This is why we kept saying "currently that's the plan", because our plans change a lot to accommodate team morale and what we can actually do.

We have a few more ideas being thrown around, but I can confirm that alts like Dr. Mario and Outset Link won't be changed.

Shin F.

Smash Master
We were considering replacing some P:M alts entirely with our own and just not doing the P:M versions, how would you guys feel about this?
At this moment we're specifically considering replacing Marth and Ike's with Awakening Marth and Hero Ike. Marth would have FE12 Marth (current) as the default with Awakening Marth as his costume, while Ike would get Hero Ike as his default, and Ranger Ike as his costume. Other things that have been talked about were replacing Virtual Boy ROB with a simple Virtual Boy recolour for ROB.

Not all costumes would be changed, just the ones that we don't really feel like doing. To reach a realistic "finish" point and with school closing in, we need to start making decisions as to whether we'd like to force ourselves to do the costumes, or replace them with our own. During school our team's modding time will be much more limited, and we had no idea so many costumes would come. Not all of them have struck us as "must-use" costumes either, so by changing a few to our liking, not only will we be much more motivated to finish them, you guys will most likely get better content.

This is why we kept saying "currently that's the plan", because our plans change a lot to accommodate team morale and what we can actually do.

We have a few more ideas being thrown around, but I can confirm that alts like Dr. Mario and Outset Link won't be changed.
I say, do whatever floats yer boat. It's hard to do work you're not really inspired to do, so if you'd rather do your own alts rather than the official ones, I say go for it.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!

Oh wow, that'd be awesome either way, though I notice with Hero Ike wouldn't he need to be a bit more beef'd up based on how he looks in Radiant Dawn/Smash 4? Or can he still work with his body I imagine?

Regardless I'm HYPED for whatever you guys put out and looking forward to it so much!

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
It'll be nice to see what other things you guys come up with, so yeah, that's cool by me! n_n

Also, those FE costumes you're talking about sound really freaking cool!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
.......Is that a trick question? Of course I'd love to see some awesome ones although I'd be a bit cross if we lose the Big Boss alt for Snake that is coming in the next update.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Do what you want, Smash 3 team.

I'll like it regardless. :lol:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Honestly, I'd prefer it if you stuck with the official alt costumes and did whatever you wanted to the default models... I prefer this because I really want this project to be officially supported at some point (because c'mon, it really is that good). It's a crime that you guys don't get the same amount of recognition as the PM art team and by scrapping their work, I don't see this project ever getting completely recognized...

But that's just me. You guys should really just do what you want!

Edit: but why get rid of virtual boy rob?

Last edited:

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
I honestly would prefer you guys just do the alts that the PM team is doing, if only so you guys can get a well deserved part of the official release of the game.

HOWEVER, since you've already done two different sets for Brawl/Project M, I wonder why it would be so wrong to do what your suggesting (Do just some of the alts or new alts or whatever you guys want in that regard) so that the project will progress at the pace that you can reasonably complete given your outside lives. As long as you return to finish the alts at some point in the hopefully not light years away future, I don't really care what alts you guys want to do or not do for awhile.

I feel that that is pretty reasonable, even more so considering it is your project. And it might be even easier to get work done on a lot of these characters once the Wii U version is out, so you can have more direct comparisons graphically.

But if your going to make the new Ike from Wii U, please beef him up and change his face (more adult/angular) to match accurately.

EDIT: Also, about the Virtual Boy R.O.B thing. I'd rather you guys just not do anything for now and get back to it later than sort of backwards progress from the P:M team's work. Just get to it when you feel compelled to.

Last edited:

Birdo!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2036-8689-4968
ok so since you guys wanna do your own thing with the costumes and the theme is Smash 4, and by extension Wii U, might you be open to doing Hyrule Warriors costumes for the Zelda trio?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Honestly, I'd prefer it if you stuck with the official alt costumes and did whatever you wanted to the default models... I prefer this because I really want this project to be officially supported at some point (because c'mon, it really is that good). It's a crime that you guys don't get the same amount of recognition as the PM art team and by scrapping their work, I don't see this project ever getting completely recognized...
Edit: but why get rid of virtual boy rob?
I honestly would prefer you guys just do the alts that the PM team is doing, if only so you guys can get a well deserved part of the official release of the game.
EDIT: Also, about the Virtual Boy R.O.B thing. I'd rather you guys just not do anything for now and get back to it later than sort of backwards progress from the P:M team's work. Just get to it when you feel compelled to.
Thanks guys, we appreciate that you all think that, but we don’t see the PMBR adopting us anytime soon. It doesn't really seem like part of their project goal to retexture all the characters, and if they were planning to adopt us at all, I’m sure it would have happened already.

We’ll continue to do what we do, while they continue to do what they do. It seems like the best way to move forward.

As for ROB. Though we appreciate the work of the PMBR with Virtual Boy ROB, none of us really feel motivated enough to retexture the extra bits of Virtual Boy ROB when we can accomplish the same goal of the costume with a simple recolor.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Further it's in the PMBR's best interest to leave Smash 3 out of it officially. If they're trying to distance themselves from Smash U/3DS as much as they can, the last thing they want to do is adopt a project that is trying to bring the visual style as close to Smash U/3DS as possible. It might suck for those who'd like to see us officially supported and used in tournaments, but it's for the best for both projects if we simply continue doing our own things. We respect the work that they do and we'd rather not do a bad texturing job due to a lack of motivation on our part, so thanks for all your input everyone.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
More costumes, more pleasure.

For the official recognition thing, I'm satisfied with this project as it is right now. Is one of the best, if not THE best character texture project out there.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Regarding Marth and Ike, I'd rather they keep their cosplay costumes. Even with the non-canon theme, they do serve the purpose of giving references of the true size of Fire Emblem's main protagonist roster, which is always dwarfed in favor of Marth and whoever is relatively new (with Ike being the only odd one out in a group of Marth and the rest of the Archanean reunion in Sm4sh). To me, seeing the likes of Sigurd and Hector getting a nod by the PMBR is great. I'd actually rather see recolors be replaced to allow rooms to the alternate iterations of those two. Of course, it is your project, so the direction of this ship is in your hands, captain(s).

Last edited:

Super-Smasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
awesomesauce425
3DS FC
4699-5514-7129
For the question,

I really don't mind what you put for Marth and Ike. But whatever you put for the rest, I'd like to know 1 thing.
If a character has multiple alternate costumes, are you gonna give yours recolors, like Dr. Mario and OoT Link?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
For the question,

I really don't mind what you put for Marth and Ike. But whatever you put for the rest, I'd like to know 1 thing.
If a character has multiple alternate costumes, are you gonna give yours recolors, like Dr. Mario and OoT Link?
Reiterating what Taiko said previously...

"We have a few more ideas being thrown around, but I can confirm that alts like Dr. Mario and Outset Link won't be changed."

Top Bottom