• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Could you pull up this pic? I think I missed it.
Here is Toon Link's
Now, this was a long time ago. Back on page 19, so he might look a bit different now.

And here is Twilight Princess Link.
(PS. I have been digging around for these pics a long time. Then, at 12:56 AM, I found them.)

Taiko

Smash Ace
I've been working on a new project, Super Smash Bros. War. Is it okay if it comes pre-packaged with a modified Smash 3?
Sure thing, as long as you credit us.

Hey Just wanted to let you know that I edited Marth's "EyeWhite" texture and made it lighter, and IMO it looks a lot better so just something to consider changing.

And so far Smash 3 has been working completely fine with my PM, but maybe that's because I have the wifi safe version?​
The main pack won't work, so if you've compiled it all manually that would explain it!

Still think its dumb.
If you don't like that one costume, there are 14 total costumes for Sonic. I'm sure in that 14, you'll find one to replace that one costume. This is partly the reason why we add extra recolours!

Juken

Smash Ace
Is the remade Link going to have the Smash 4 costume colors like Mario, or just something else?

If he has that Skyloft alt (probably my favorite of all), could you guys remove the hat?

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Is the remade Link going to have the Smash 4 costume colors like Mario, or just something else?

If he has that Skyloft alt (probably my favorite of all), could you guys remove the hat?
SJS made a Skyloft Link without the hat. Maybe Smash 3C will S3-ify that, but I would think that Smash 3 will keep the hat.

Taiko

Smash Ace

He will have the Skyloft costume, though we won't be removing the hat. We want to keep the silhouettes consistent, plus adding the entire back of his hair would be quite complicated.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Well, you must be incredibly fun at parties.
You must have a really hard time telling when people are kidding.

To quote that whole thing and just reply with "well it's dumb" is obviously a joke. I'm not 7 years old.

I gave my opinion, got a reply and ran with it for a post. Loosen up, no one's going after people putting in free work.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

To quote that whole thing and just reply with "well it's dumb" is obviously a joke. I'm not 7 years old.

I gave my opinion, got a reply and ran with it for a post. Loosen up, no one's going after people putting in free work.
Still creating a joke, just let it render for 4 hours.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive

Nah, I have a hard time figuring it out when it isn't conveyed. Nothing about that post seemed to be a joke.

You need to loosen up and keep your opinions to yourself if they're just gonna be THAT negative.

If you wanna say anything else please feel free to PM me. I'm not about filling these threads with junk.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Its been a long time ago, I think it was the one that the Game Grump used.
so was it 12 or an earlier version? I have a way to get pro 12 for free (for 64-bit windows users)
If you run a 32-bit version of windows, there's Vegas 13 (which I also have a way to get for free)

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
64-bit, the best bit.

Wanna take this to PM before a smash 3 dev says "this is outa topic" or something?
Yep, I'll PM you the zip with the patch.
Important note; if you have a security thing on your compture/laptop have it allow the "hack tool" if it catches it. That is actually the patch itself by KingHackingGroup.

Edit: Sent!

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
We've discussed the Mewtwo model a few pages back, we won't be updating it because we can't think of a way to fix it without breaking a few things in the process. The model only looks strange when animated with the P:M animations because they were made with the P:M model and proportions in mind (this post details what I'm talking about). Without animations, it looks normal:

If you want a different model with attached legs, Nano is putting the Smash 4 model together over P:M Mewtwo, so you can look forward to that!

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
the same happens when i put the crystal's wrath crash bandicoot model with the luigi's animations, SCREW!
maybe i can retool the PM Metwo PSA and make it a Smash 3 Mewtwo PSA with no bone bug

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!

Art.

Vote for @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 for president.

Edit: I miss vegas pro...
I'm crying, this is possibly the best thing ever... I love you guys so much for this.

I think you should get your eyes checked
You should have checked a few pages when we went over this.

I'd make some kind of ironic pun here but it's way too early in the morning for me to do that and I gotta be at work now.

Samus Harang

Smash Cadet
Is the priority in the near future to release a pack for 3.6 (Smash 3 and the official 3.6 alternatives found in Smash 3C combined) or only to keep working on costumes until they are all done?

If I may be blunt, it really sucks to see how much hard work has been put into this project and know it isn't being played at all like it should be.

I'm sure people will say finishing up the models is the priority, but I am begging you guys to take the time to make them compatible even if that delays costumes we weren't going to see completed for a while anyway.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I'm probably going to be repeating some things people have said but it's been going on back and forth over and over, the main issue I tend to see is that people tend to be misunderstanding is that you're asking us to make Mewtwo PM compatible right? Well in that case yes, the model is compatible and certainly does work with PM. Now does it look right? No? That's because of the way the bone structure of PM's mewtwo is made, PM Mewtwo is made and based around Melee Mewtwo's body where the new mewtwo has a much different looking model.

And then if people are going to go "Oh well in that case why don't you then just edit the bones?" But then that would be a direct contradition to saying 'Make it compatible', so yes, the model is compatible but you're asking us to 'fix' something we can't, simply because of the model itself.

I can't speak for everyone as they're all working hard on finishing up everything but whenever I log on, I see so much progress and hard work going into finishing things (And some nice surprises as well) and people assume we have all this free time, we don't and we're getting there and going all out on what we have.

I do apologise if that comes out too blunt but I'm just throwing that out there because I keep seeing these types of comments back and forth.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm probably going to be repeating some things people have said but it's been going on back and forth over and over, the main issue I tend to see is that people tend to be misunderstanding is that you're asking us to make Mewtwo PM compatible right? Well in that case yes, the model is compatible and certainly does work with PM. Now does it look right? No? That's because of the way the bone structure of PM's mewtwo is made, PM Mewtwo is made and based around Melee Mewtwo's body where the new mewtwo has a much different looking model.

And then if people are going to go "Oh well in that case why don't you then just edit the bones?" But then that would be a direct contradition to saying 'Make it compatible', so yes, the model is compatible but you're asking us to 'fix' something we can't, simply because of the model itself.

I can't speak for everyone as they're all working hard on finishing up everything but whenever I log on, I see so much progress and hard work going into finishing things (And some nice surprises as well) and people assume we have all this free time, we don't and we're getting there and going all out on what we have.

I do apologise if that comes out too blunt but I'm just throwing that out there because I keep seeing these types of comments back and forth.
My real question is why you didnt just put the textures over PM mewtwo and offer it as an alternative. It obviously works as i showed above.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Top Bottom