• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sims 3 announced!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What would they put in this time? Sims 2 had like...everything. Maybe it's a sort of kind of upgrade, like every Football Manager.

Mordent

Smash Rookie
This is a pretty interesting development. I didn't think they'd be working on a new Sims game for a while with Spore being just around the corner and how much EA is banking on the series, what with the Spore DS and iPhone games. Though having a new Sims game being released so close to Spore makes me a bit skeptical on how much work was put into it, I'm still fairly optimistic that the game will turn out well since, unlike a Sims expansion pack, they don't release a new Sims sequel every other day

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=10708 said:
The two main additions revealed so far are the buff and inventory systems. The buff system grants a Sim positive or negative attributes which then relate to how the Sim is feeling at the time. For example, getting married to an attractive member of the opposite sex will allow the Sim to make more friends and be more productive at work.

On the other hand, the inventory system works by allowing a Sim to carry items - funnily enough - which are used to carry out basic tasks. Examples could be heading down to the shop to grab some items to cook a meal or picking up a letter in order to post it.

Apparently there's no multiplayer mode as of yet - can you say expansion? - but Sims can be uploaded to the website where others can download and play with them. Fun times.

As you would expect, the graphics are much improved and the world is much more open and less structured, allowing players more control over their Sims and granting them the ability to build where they want.

"The fact that it's a seamless world means that eventually - not to give away too much of our expansion pack strategy, but in theory - The Sims 3 could expand into an entire seamless world," noted game producer Rod Humble. "You can imagine a Sims country which you could just live your life in."
Invent system seems eh, since that was in Sims 2, but playing the whole street at once sounds interesting.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
When I first saw the screenshots (this was a week or so ago, as there was a magazine article on it.) I was like "what"?

There are some weird things about it I've heard, like they got rid of the Bladder and Sleep needs... Which is kind of odd, I mean those kind of add to the realism.

But I'm liking the open neighborhood idea.

I just hope they really improve customization on everything. I've also heard rumors that there is only one that one neighborhood this time around, and that kind of bothers me.

Also, I can't believe it's already time for another The Sims. These last four years went by so fast it's not even funny. I remember waiting for The Sims 2 to come out like it was yesterday. o_O

Frown

poekmon
There are some weird things about it I've heard, like they got rid of the Bladder and Sleep needs... Which is kind of odd, I mean those kind of add to the realism.
Sigh... if only life was like that...

On topic: WHAAAA? That's as stupid as when I heard of the iPod Shuffle! Which... turned out not to be stupid. Oh well, if it's true, it will probably work out somehow.

Top Bottom