• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I just hope if they do use "Young" Impa that they'll give some decent looking armor, seriously her OoT Outfit looks so stupid and her HW Design look just has stupid, please for the love of all that is holy giver her some ACTUAL GOOD Armor design!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wasn't too big of a fan of OOT Impa either honestly, but compared to BotW Impa, that design was amazing.

Best Impa is from Skyward Sword, and I'd highly prefer her look to be based on that. I'm actually warming up to the idea of her using the Sheikah Slate. But it aren't her abilities and unless BotW gets a direct prequel or sequel I don't see the Slate returning ever. Just like so many cool stuff and characters in Zelda... :urg:

Skyward Sword HD, I wish it could come into existence soon. I loved Skyward Sword and whilst it not being quite on level as Ocarina or Wind Waker, it was in my opinion better than Twilight Princess. The combat was amazing, it has easily the BEST dungeons in ALL of Zelda (these are reasons enough to love SS) all characters outside of maybe Zelda are good (Fi- hate her or love her, she's literally giving character to the Master Sword, making the weapon even a character!) and I swear the Impa reveal was done even better than the Sheik reveal. It's the beginning of the franchise, any true fan should play it. I'm hoping we might see the game at E3. With BotW's succes I could see it happening. It needs some tweaks, and maybe some extra content in the over world- but it's otherwise a solid game.

Also, Hyrule Warriors Impa was also great and added quite some character on her. I just wish Impa would have a similar role to that in Breath of the Wild!! *deep sigh* What a great opportunity missed there... what a different situation we would've been in now. :urg:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Yes. All I can say is yes.

I definitely support Impa for Smash. If the Legend of Zelda series ever got a newcomer I really hope it would be her; however I wouldn't exactly be upset if it was another character either (depending on the character anyways). Impa has always been a favorite of mine and I tend to use her often in Hyrule Warriors, too. I hope they do her justice and not make her a Shiek Clone though...

I feel like it might be a bit of a rough road, but I do lend my support for her.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wasn't too big of a fan of OOT Impa either honestly, but compared to BotW Impa, that design was amazing.

Best Impa is from Skyward Sword, and I'd highly prefer her look to be based on that. I'm actually warming up to the idea of her using the Sheikah Slate. But it aren't her abilities and unless BotW gets a direct prequel or sequel I don't see the Slate returning ever. Just like so many cool stuff and characters in Zelda... :urg:

Skyward Sword HD, I wish it could come into existence soon. I loved Skyward Sword and whilst it not being quite on level as Ocarina or Wind Waker, it was in my opinion better than Twilight Princess. The combat was amazing, it has easily the BEST dungeons in ALL of Zelda (these are reasons enough to love SS) all characters outside of maybe Zelda are good (Fi- hate her or love her, she's literally giving character to the Master Sword, making the weapon even a character!) and I swear the Impa reveal was done even better than the Sheik reveal. It's the beginning of the franchise, any true fan should play it. I'm hoping we might see the game at E3. With BotW's succes I could see it happening. It needs some tweaks, and maybe some extra content in the over world- but it's otherwise a solid game.

Also, Hyrule Warriors Impa was also great and added quite some character on her. I just wish Impa would have a similar role to that in Breath of the Wild!! *deep sigh* What a great opportunity missed there... what a different situation we would've been in now. :urg:
I wouldn't mind Impa taking stuff from BotW, or SS, or HW.
I'd rather have her use the slate than have it as some item for all characters to use.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I just hope if they do use "Young" Impa that they'll give some decent looking armor, seriously her OoT Outfit looks so stupid and her HW Design look just has stupid, please for the love of all that is holy giver her some ACTUAL GOOD Armor design!
I like her HW design ;-;
And her OOT design (the slightly updated HW version at least)

Her best design is a toss up between SS and HW imo

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fun fact; I used to think Impa was a muscular dude when I first played OOT, was about 9 at the time. And I guess a lot could've been blamed on the N64's graphics. I later got corrected however by a classmate or friend, dunno anymore. Also, I got spoiled about the whole Sheik = Zelda thing before I got to know who Sheik even was.

Anyway, that doesn't mean I dislike the character. In fact, she's extremely memorable and her being in OOT signifies that enormously. I even saw a support thread for OOT Impa back in the pre-Brawl days ironically. :laugh:

Wolley2xjd

Well from a character design standpoint, her OoT bare has enough to cover her chest and her HW tries to be stylish but fails due to having odd placement from her "Armor".

Her SS Design looks like has no armor which works because ninjas really don't need armor and it doesn't look silly, I mean half a breast plate? Really?

78d6706c49f70f04c4026788078a056d.jpg

I mean look at this picture and tell me that OoT Impa isn't poorly protected, SS Impa is fast so she doesn't have to worry about that.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Well from a character design standpoint, her OoT bare has enough to cover her chest and her HW tries to be stylish but fails due to having odd placement from her "Armor".

Her SS Design looks like has no armor which works because ninjas really don't need armor and it doesn't look silly, I mean half a breast plate? Really?

View attachment 128085

I mean look at this picture and tell me that OoT Impa isn't poorly protected, SS Impa is fast so she doesn't have to worry about that.
The breastplate is a little silly (I still think it looks cool though), but otherwise OOT and SS Impa are wearing fairly similar clothing. Skintight full body suits meant for stealth. (Obviously it's much more prevalent with SS Impa given her more prominent role and being more fleshed out than OOT Impa, but I would assume the two at least filled similar roles and had some overlap in abilities.) I don't there's reason to believe that OOT isn't fast as well.

With that in mind, I can agree that breastplate's design is impractical, but I would still say that SS Impa is just as poorly protected. And impractical as it is, it still looks like it'd shield the belly/lower chest area which would at least serve a purpose against frontal blows to the stomach and lungs. Again, not disagreeing with it's design being impractical, it leaves her sides wide open and fails to cover the upper portion of her chest, failing to do it's namesake job as a breastplate, most notably, leaving her heart completely exposed.

The cut off point on the top of OOT Impa's definitely doesn't seem practical as normal clothing (depends on whether the portion of the suit underneath goes up as much as the breastplate.), but I always liked how her suit was broken up in segments of sorts with the Sheikah emblem framed in the middle.

And what's wrong with HW Impa's armor btw? She has shin guards, armor plates on her arms and shoulders, and what appear to be plates of a fauld integrated into the sides of her pants. It's lightweight armor that could actually realistically have been worn by a ninja from my understanding. Otherwise her clothing falls in line with OOT/SS Impa just fine. The only piece that was likely purely meant for looks is the chest piece with the Sheikah emblem. And sure it's small, but at least it's position actually covers her heart this time. I doubt it was meant to be a full (half really )breastplate like OOT Impa's.

I'm probably looking into this way too much, so sorry for the text wall.

tl;dr - I just like all "Young" Impa's designs. :p

Wolley2xjd

The breastplate is a little silly (I still think it looks cool though), but otherwise OOT and SS Impa are wearing fairly similar clothing. Skintight full body suits meant for stealth. (Obviously it's much more prevalent with SS Impa given her more prominent role and being more fleshed out than OOT Impa, but I would assume the two at least filled similar roles and had some overlap in abilities.) I don't there's reason to believe that OOT isn't fast as well.

With that in mind, I can agree that breastplate's design is impractical, but I would still say that SS Impa is just as poorly protected. And impractical as it is, it still looks like it'd shield the belly/lower chest area which would at least serve a purpose against frontal blows to the stomach and lungs. Again, not disagreeing with it's design being impractical, it leaves her sides wide open and fails to cover the upper portion of her chest, failing to do it's namesake job as a breastplate, most notably, leaving her heart completely exposed.

The cut off point on the top of OOT Impa's definitely doesn't seem practical as normal clothing (depends on whether the portion of the suit underneath goes up as much as the breastplate.), but I always liked how her suit was broken up in segments of sorts with the Sheikah emblem framed in the middle.

And what's wrong with HW Impa's armor btw? She has shin guards, armor plates on her arms and shoulders, and what appear to be plates of a fauld integrated into the sides of her pants. It's lightweight armor that could actually realistically have been worn by a ninja from my understanding. Otherwise her clothing falls in line with OOT/SS Impa just fine. The only piece that was likely purely meant for looks is the chest piece with the Sheikah emblem. And sure it's small, but at least it's position actually covers her heart this time. I doubt it was meant to be a full (half really )breastplate like OOT Impa's.

I'm probably looking into this way too much, so sorry for the text wall.

tl;dr - I just like all "Young" Impa's designs. :p
We never actually see OoT impa fight so saying she "might" be fast is a mute point.

SS Impa is a ninja and is extremely fast so protection is not need for her.

HW Impa's design tries to hard to be stylish that it forgets to be actually protected, if the designers wanted her to wear light armor then they could have do so without making it look silly.

It's OK if you like the designs, just don't act like their GOOD designs because their really not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SS Impa has shown that she has amazing jumping abilities as well, and fast enough to stop a charging Ghirahim from cutting Zelda in pieces. OOT Impa has thrown Deku Nuts and dissapears, but has shown in the OOT manga that she's capable of using katanas to some degree.

Keep in mind that Skyward Sword Impa was also the Goddess Hylia's hand picked warrior, chosen to protect her mortal form and thus came from a time far in the past. She's essentially a time traveller, and it's such a damn shame her role in BotW doesn't reflect a portion of her SS awesomeness. She was also the very first protector of the Triforce.

So I'm pretty sure that Skyward Sword Impa is the strongest Impa in canon. She might not be able to lift a cow, but I can't see any other Impa stand a chance against Ghirahim, jump so high, cast barriers and pull of that crazy magical skills.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
We never actually see OoT impa fight so saying she "might" be fast is a mute point.

HW Impa's design tries to hard to be stylish that it forgets to be actually protected, if the designers wanted her to wear light armor then they could have do so without making it look silly.

It's OK if you like the designs, just don't act like their GOOD designs because their really not.
I never said they were good designs, I thought I'd made that pretty clear considering I pointed out the many flaws. In terms of practicality their not good, but in terms of character designs, that's up to personal taste.

Aside from the one small piece on her chest, I still don't see what's wrong with HW Impa given the shin and arm guards are where they're supposed to be. Ninja wore little to no armor so I think it's one of the more fitting designs, though still beat out by SS in terms of accuracy. (Well as accurate as Zelda can be lol)

And I still don't think it's a completely moot point when it comes to their abilities when it's presumed that these 3 incarnations of Impa fill similar roles just as the multiple elderly versions are all Zelda's nanny/advisor. As Diddy Kong brought up, I've no doubt that SS Impa is likely the strongest, fastest, etc. but I don't think it's too far fetched to think that OOT and HW Impa received Sheikah warrior training to achieve similar abilities even if they're still outmatched by their ancestor.

Impa taught Zelda, which produced Sheik, who while also doing pretty much nothing on-screen, both have been presumably surviving on their own for 7 years.

And HW Impa speaks for herself.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fun fact; some Nintendo director mentoined that Impa was based off more from a samurai in Hyrule Warriors than a ninja. I guess it also makes a lot of sense for Impa, cause being the captain of the knighs of Hyrule must mean a lot of action up in the frontlines. Being the typical Sheikah ninja likely wouldn't fit her job description, so she's more armoured and wields huge weapons.

Still gotta point out that Impa was the first ally of Link in Hyrule Warriors, so it's likely she was considered very early in development as well- and she was heavily involved in it's story. She also got the famous Biggorron Sword from Ocarina of Time as her personal weapon, so that's all good for her.

I wanted to complain about BotW's Impa yet again, but I guess I'll let that slip, don't wanna repeat myself too much. But am still bothered by it a great deal.

Wolley2xjd

Hey Man we all have are own personal tastes we it comes to Impa, I just happen to like Old Impa more.

But I would kill to see OoA Impa in Hyrule Warriors.

Super_Impa.jpg

Seriously this version of her need more Love.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Hey Man we all have are own personal tastes we it comes to Impa, I just happen to like Old Impa more.

But I would kill to see OoA Impa in Hyrule Warriors.

View attachment 128089

Seriously this version of her need more Love.
My knowledge of the manga series extends only to Majora's Mask. I didn't know this was a thing, but I'm glad it is.

Nursemaid Impa with Cow Throwing special for Smash.
Side B = Lon Lon Launcher (idk, it was the first thing that popped into my head)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa really needs a standard design. Even her old appearances look drastically different from each other. And I cannot even judge what is supposed to be the age of Fat Oracles Impa. :rolleyes: She's probably in her mid thirties or something, she strikes me about as old as Ocarina of Time Impa, who might actually be older than she looks.

Still wish that Impa would use the Deku Nut as one of her Special Attacks. I still think it's a lost oppertunity they passed on Sheik's new Down B, isntead we got Bouncing Fish. Yay? And of course a grenade that just popped out of no where. I mean seriously Sakurai? Sheik is pretty much a full Smash character now because of his 'creative liberty' with the character. Needles, grenades, whips, fishes that bounce..... WHAT ELSE!? :facepalm:

So yeah, we definitely need Impa. Wonder how well she scored on the ballot...???

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Impa really needs a standard design. Even her old appearances look drastically different from each other. And I cannot even judge what is supposed to be the age of Fat Oracles Impa. :rolleyes: She's probably in her mid thirties or something, she strikes me about as old as Ocarina of Time Impa, who might actually be older than she looks.

Still wish that Impa would use the Deku Nut as one of her Special Attacks. I still think it's a lost oppertunity they passed on Sheik's new Down B, isntead we got Bouncing Fish. Yay? And of course a grenade that just popped out of no where. I mean seriously Sakurai? Sheik is pretty much a full Smash character now because of his 'creative liberty' with the character. Needles, grenades, whips, fishes that bounce..... WHAT ELSE!? :facepalm:

So yeah, we definitely need Impa. Wonder how well she scored on the ballot...???
I'm pretty sure Vanish is meant to represent her use of Deku Nuts, and tbh, I think they work better as an item. They stun opponents just like in Zelda, so I think their use in Smash is fine. I quite like Bouncing Fish and Burst Grenade as well. The Chain is the only move that ever really bothered me and even then it was at least fun to screw with people by flailing it around.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

View attachment 128085

are you telling me a character was created with design in mind over practicality?

let alone a female one?

i don't believe you

Wolley2xjd

are you telling me a character was created with design in mind over practicality?

let alone a female one?

i don't believe you
Well it is only one page of my called Wolley's Believe or not.

It was going to be written Ridley but he's to busy eating Parents and making child cry, just like any good uncle would do. :)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

I dont see how HW design is silly.
Its a great design to me. Whether a design is good or not is never objective...unless its some machine or something and it just isnt practical or it breaks itself.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

I dont see how HW design is silly.
Its a great design to me. Whether a design is good or not is never objective...unless its some machine or something and it just isnt practical or it breaks itself.
Before I break the problems with HW design, let me break down something you said.

"Whether a design is good or not is never objective"

If I make a design of Impa where she's only wearing one piece of armor and the rest of design is just a skin tight suit, is that a bad design?

Objectively yes because it wouldn't look like it would protect her and it would look like I made her design just to be fan service.

There's nothing wrong with liking the design yourself and that's you own opinion and that's fine, how ever your not ever going to tell me that design is good because it looks like just to be **** bait.

I think what you should have said was, "Whether or not a design is well designed for the propose the characters designed for can be subjective, how ever it is OK to like the design regardless or not."

Now with that said let me explain why Impa's HW design looks silly.

First a picture of the Warrior.

HW_Impa.png

Now this design is cross between her OoT and SS design (one of which I say I hated) and at first look you would say "Ah yeah this looks cool" but there's something off about it.

...So did you figure out what's wrong with it, well let me give you a hint, it's her breast plate.

Well Single boob plate to be more extent, I understand that they wanted her look stylish but looks silly, why not a full breast plate? Because the designers wanted her to look cool? So the designers wanted you to know she's a women? Because they can?

It's also worst when you realized that her back is exposed and this version of Impa is more Samurai then Ninja so her being fast is kinda out of the question, well that and the fact that she's a fictional character so in game logic on why she dress like this is moot.

I going to quickly break down more reasons why this design looks silly.

-Heels for no reason
-She metal plating on arms but theirs nothing covering her arms but the metal itself
- Her lower legs her covered with metal but the back are exposed for some reason
-Her head is exposed and while I can understand they wanted to show her face, they could have give her a samurai like helmet
-Above and below her boob plate their nothing covering her skin
-Opened toe shoes

It feel like they tried to make her a Samurai but also wanted to pay tribute to her SS design so they added some weird stuff to make her look cool and failed, well in my opinion anyway.

Look if you like her design then that's fine but it does look silly.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Before I break the problems with HW design, let me break down something you said.

"Whether a design is good or not is never objective"
The way you missed out everywthing else XD.
And its games man, this is a warriors game as well. Nothing in warrior games would be practical irl and Impa is far from being the most silly designwise.

I prefer the cape and most of the clothes of SS but the face and hair and certain small bits of HW Impa, so HW is my fav design with SS a close second.

OOT Impa is in the minus figures out of ten for me. Same for Ganondorf, while Zelda just about in the +ve.

The breast plate looks so cool tho. :p

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well maybe the design is silly because of the heavy conflict between OOT and SS Impa? I for one welcomed her design because it was this exact mix between her most famous designs, and wish it would've became a standardised design for Impa from that point on.

I guess Paya does resemble OOT and HW Impa a little, being BotW Impa's granddaughter and all. It at least gives some hints as how Young Impa would've looked in Breath of the Wild.

Now give her that silly axe-chain hat of hers and that'd be a pretty damn good design for her to work with. Not for Smash mind you, cause that would be wayyyyyyyy too farfetched (even though I guess the Zelda team could provide again as with Brawl's Sheik).

Maybe, just maybe Breath of the Wild's DLC will give us a look into the past. Even Impa herself stated in BotW that Link was no stranger of her, and he sure should've remembered her, or at least the name Impa. So I could see her in a new cutscene that references the past, maybe her fighting some Yiga Clan members? That would be pretty damn dope. Am also hoping to see Ganondorf- which I guess is a far more likely scenario.

Also, fun fact (yeah another one :rolleyes: ) ; Fat Impa was already in Smash since Melee...

:troll::denzel:

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Noooo, I didn't know Impa had a granddaughter. Haven't gotten BotW yet. Eh, I guess it's not really a big deal, and I've already been spoiled about BotW Impa and the Yiga on the last page, but spoiler tags would be appreciated given that the game is still new. That aside, Paya looks neat, her design is great. (imo)

Going back to Impa's designs though, I think the issue is that two different points are being argued. Practical design (which we've already conceded) and visual design which is subjective.

Anyway, I think it's best to move away from the subject since we'll likely be going in circles forever. Well, moving away from practicality vs visual design, obviously we're gonna keep discussing which designs could be used in Smash and whatnot.

Wolley2xjd

I mean Old Impa could be Smash's first Old Woman fighter which would be cool since it would be a first in a fighting game to do so and i'm sick of only seeing young women in these types of games.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
it would be amazing if they gave multiple incarnations of impa both young and old as alts

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
it would be amazing if they gave multiple incarnations of impa both young and old as alts
How would that even work though? It makes sense for OOT, SS, and HW who have similar height and proportions, but Oracles Impa is taller, and well you know, more rotund. Then all the elderly incarnations are much smaller/shorter. You can't mix and match models when they're so drastically different.

This is the same as the people who think that :younglinkmelee:&:4tlink:should be costumes of :4link:. That's not how that works. The only way that'd work is if they made an old Impa design where she retains height/proportions similar to that of the young Impa incarnations.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
How would that even work though? It makes sense for OOT, SS, and HW who have similar height and proportions, but Oracles Impa is taller, and well you know, more rotund. Then all the elderly incarnations are much smaller/shorter. You can't mix and match models when they're so drastically different.

This is the same as the people who think that :younglinkmelee:&:4tlink:should be costumes of :4link:. That's not how that works. The only way that'd work is if they made an old Impa design where she retains height/proportions similar to that of the young Impa incarnations.
well for a start i wasn't being 100% serious and also they adjusted the sizes of all the koopalings so theyd alo fit in the one clown car dont get so upset over something which is clearly not meant to be taken seriously this forum is full of ideas that probably wont happen

and ill have you know if i had my way every incarnation of link zelda gannon impa and every single zelda character ever would be their own character

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
TBH until this thread I never actually noticed that HW had OOT elememta to it. I guess thats just how much i hate OOT designs...

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
well for a start i wasn't being 100% serious and also they adjusted the sizes of all the koopalings so theyd alo fit in the one clown car dont get so upset over something which is clearly not meant to be taken seriously this forum is full of ideas that probably wont happen

and ill have you know if i had my way every incarnation of link zelda gannon impa and every single zelda character ever would be their own character
I'm wasn't upset at all, just a little confused by the idea. I've seen plenty make the suggestion seriously in the past, so it's a bit hard to tell tbh.

My mistake for assuming it was serious. That being said, the Koopalings are not a fair comparison. Their sizes were indeed adjusted to all fit the Clown Kart, but that's just the thing. The focus of their character is on the Clown Kart, not the Jr. & Koopalings themselves. The Clown Kart is doing all the attacking and whatnot and is where most of the animation if focused which isn't the case for the rest of the roster or potential characters like Impa.

Propotions wise the Koopalings are much closer to each other than the many incarnations of Impa, and while not quite exact, it wasn't much of an issue because the Koopalings don't actually do anything aside from a few simple animations where they swing the hammer or just point forward.

The key point is, we may have gotten Jr. and Koopalings as characters, but we're not playing as them so much as we're playing as the Koopa Clown Kart.

I have no issue discussing things that probably won't happen, that's a given when it comes to speculation and I support many characters/ideas who I know stand little to no chance. The difference here is that with this particular case it's an idea that doesn't work when it comes to actual development.

Super Triforce Bros.?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Super Triforce Brothers is basically HW already. Pokémon also has Pokken. So that's pretty much covered, but I do hope some stuff could translate over.

Characters like Lucario and Ganondorf have their weapons that would give them increased reach. In Smash they would benefit from that. Zelda too actually, quite a lot. And Warriors also gives inspiration on how to keep Link, Toon Link and Young Link interesting and unique.

If they get all the teams to work togheter on one game, imagine a roster we could have? I wouldn't mind a crossover of Smash, Hyrule / Fire Emblem Warriors and Pokken at all. Given that other franchises also get new characters, and they just take 4 or 5 new characters from Zelda, Pokémon and Fire Emblem and focus on adding characters from say, DKC, Mario, Kirby, StarFox and others... Imagine what a game that could become?

Smash has its way to exceed expectation. It's been quite their mission I noticed. Namco was also responsible for Pokken if I recall? So hire those guys for Smash, and the Warriors studio (frankly have no idea who they are) and boom. Potential 75 character Smash game with more grounded combo based combat combined with Smash's traditional aerial game and of course Special Moves. Day One buy for me.

Also, Impa would definitely be a newcomer. If they'd add say, 4 to 5 newcomers from Zelda, I'd except Luigi-fied Young Link, Impa, Midna, and New Ganondorf. Maybe revamp Link and Zelda to while they're at it.

I had to keep it related to Impa somehow. Please understand.

Wolley2xjd

My idea for how Impa should look is have her be a combination of all of her design elements, She'll be large like her OoA design but will have a dark skin color like she did in SS and will have wrinkles to indicate her age to be that of an old woman and her weapon will be her Water Blade from HW.

Her playstyle will be that of a faster moving Ike with slow ground moves and fast air attacks.

Her jump would be OK but her large size would put her at risk of being combed, luckily she would also have he sheika magic to help her get out of jams.

So imagination OoA Impa with dark skin, White hair, Red Marking on her face, Wrinkles, and carrying her giant Water Blade.

IDK About you guys but I would main a character like that in flash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oooh... I like the idea of a Zelda Smash game... the title could be better than Super Triforce Bros. but it will do for now.

I also want a Zelda Kart game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, if they really wanted they could make a moveset for Impa using Link's fighting style with a two handed sword in Breath of the Wild. Give Impa the Biggorron Sword, and maybe even a Special Move coming from the Sheikah Slate (don't know what ability however) and that's fine Breath of the Wild representation actually.

Or what about the Royal Guard series of weapons? They are stated to all be Sheikah made, but who exactly is this 'Royal Guard'? We all pretty much know, don't we? Or what about the Ancient weapon series? All Sheikah weapons which Impa could realistically use.

A mesh up between designs would be fine, but you can forget about Oracles Impa to ever be a part of that mesh up. :laugh: It's easily her most forgetable design and role, and the Oracle games also aren't as regarded by Nintendo as the rest of the games Impa makes an apperance in. It basically has 0,0% chance of happening. But then again, Impa herself isn't all too likely either.

Actually, looking up Link's fighting style with a two handed blade in Breath of the Wild, it DOES resemble Impa's fighting style in Hyrule Warriors A GREAT DEAL!

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Actually, if they really wanted they could make a moveset for Impa using Link's fighting style with a two handed sword in Breath of the Wild. Give Impa the Biggorron Sword, and maybe even a Special Move coming from the Sheikah Slate (don't know what ability however) and that's fine Breath of the Wild representation actually.

Or what about the Royal Guard series of weapons? They are stated to all be Sheikah made, but who exactly is this 'Royal Guard'? We all pretty much know, don't we? Or what about the Ancient weapon series? All Sheikah weapons which Impa could realistically use.

Actually, looking up Link's fighting style with a two handed blade in Breath of the Wild, it DOES resemble Impa's fighting style in Hyrule Warriors A GREAT DEAL!

I mean all of that sounds pretty cool but Breath of Wilds Weapons are breakable and sure the developers would love to make her "gimmick".

Seriously why the **** is the Master Sword ****ing breakable I mean what the **** game designers?!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I mean all of that sounds pretty cool but Breath of Wilds Weapons are breakable and sure the developers would love to make her "gimmick".

Seriously why the **** is the Master Sword ****ing breakable I mean what the **** game designers?!
I guess it's cause it got damaged 100 years prior Link's awakening or some stuff like that. It's definitely the weakest the Master Sword has ever been, and even Fi's energy inside the blade isn't much active anymore. Otherwise you would've probably hear her all game long :laugh:

Breakable weapon gimmick? Leave that with Robin please. It's easily Smash 4's worst gimmick, it's the variant of Brawl's Pokemon Trainer, a gimmick that's just there to make a character less effective. We don't need that.

But yeah anyway, the way Impa swings her two handed swords in Hyrule Warriors is quite similar to Link's two handed sword fighting style in Breath of the Wild. Especially when he makes a jump before the attack in Flurry Rush. Otherwise, Impa's style is different cause she sheetes the sword back when her attack animation is over.

Just compare the styles yourself.

To be honest, Link's style is far more clumsy but I definitely see alikeness.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fun fact; some Nintendo director mentoined that Impa was based off more from a samurai in Hyrule Warriors than a ninja. I guess it also makes a lot of sense for Impa, cause being the captain of the knighs of Hyrule must mean a lot of action up in the frontlines. Being the typical Sheikah ninja likely wouldn't fit her job description, so she's more armoured and wields huge weapons.
Makes sense to me. Now that we finally see the Sheikah people besides Impa in Breath of the Wild, the Sheikah culture is more or less based on the Japanese culture.

Wolley2xjd

Makes sense to me. Now that we finally see the Sheikah people besides Impa in Breath of the Wild, the Sheikah culture is more or less based on the Japanese culture.
Well that explains why one of them is 1,000 women whose body looks like that of a 12 year old girl. :rolleyes:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well that explains why one of them is 1,000 women whose body looks like that of a 12 year old girl. :rolleyes:
Haha. Actually the reason Impa's older sister looks like a 6 year old girl is because her age reversal experiment went horribly right.

Top Bottom