• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sewer System- The Mario Boards Archive

Matt07

Smash Master
I. Foreword

This thread is to be used for quick and easy access to anything protaining to Brawl Mario. Any useful thread will be archived here for future viewing. If you feel that any thread should be added here, leave a comment and I'll check it out.

This thread is NOT to be confused with Monk's Mario Brawl Video Archive. This thread serves as a general archive to anything related to our favorite plumber, not just videos. Please visit Monk's thread if you wish to view videos of people playing Mario.

II. Table of Contents

I. Foreword
II. Table of Contents
III. Guides and Other Help Threads
IIIa. General Guides
IIIb. In-depth Guides
IIIc. Help Threads
IV. Discussion Threads
V. Advanced Technique Threads
VI. Other Important Threads
VII. Closing Comments

III. Guides and Other Help Threads

This section is for guides about how to use Mario in any way. This can include anything from a general guide to how to complete Boss Battles on Intense with Mario. General Guides will cover any guide that attempts to cover everything Mario related. In-depth guides will cover any guide that has to do with a specific move or moves or a specific game mode.

IIIa. General Guides

The Ultimate Mario Guide
by Mario_101

- This guide is a must read for any new Mario's out there. This guide covers everything from match-ups to the Stadium modes. He even has a section explaining the differences between Mario and Luigi.

IIIb. In-depth Guides

How to Play Mario: A Video Guide by firemario149

- A very detailed video thread showing videos of Mario's move, specials, and other techniques.

IIIc. Help Threads

The Official Rate My Mario by Matt07

- Need critique on your Mario? For any main, new or old, this is where you go to show off your battles to the Mario masses.

IV. Discussion Threads

This section is for threads dedicated to discussing anything that is about how to better use Mario in any aspect of Brawl. This includes moveset discussions, match-up discussions, and pretty much anything else.

MATCH-UPS by Inferno3004

- Contains everything you'll need to know about what characters could give you trouble, and what characters should be a breeze.

Stage Counterpicking by Mario_101

- Discussion towards which stages are best suited for Mario, and which stages to counterpick other characters on. Go here if you want to know what stage you should start practicing on for counterpicking.

V. Advanced Technique Threads

Every character has certain aspects in there game that are usually beyond what the casual player would ever do. These can either be as well known as wavedashing or as unknown as FIHL. This section contains threads about certain advanced techniques, and in the event that there isn't one for it, it will link you to a thread that does.

Cape Dashing discovered by Famous

- A pseudo-wavedash? A giant flying momentum reverser? A waste of time? You be the judge.

Aerial Cape Extension (A.C.E.) discovered by BioGhost

- Probably Mario's most well known and easily done AT, this is a must know for all plumbers. Very easy to use, and very useful overall.

F-Tilt Backdash discovered by ihatemybrother

- A useless AT, this is very hard to pull off. It is done by pressing the A button the moment Mario's foot lands on the ground after his forward tilt.

All FLUDD ATs organized by HeroMystic.

- A link to the FLUDD/Cape guide that's also posted under the guides section of this archive. All FLUDD ATs can be found in that guide.

- "Cape ****." A technique that is really useful in doubles. It has been found it's use in singles as well, but only found against Metaknight at the moment.

In Doubles found by Boss, Korn, and Famous.

In Singles found by firemario149

VI. Other Important Threads

This section archives all other important threads that don't fit into any other category. These can be just as important and in some cases even more important than some of the other threads, so be sure to read these also![color]

Mario's Metagame Analysis by HeroMystic

- This thread is good. So good, in fact, that it's almost a guide. It details EVERY important thing about Mario that we know of right now. You MUST read this, Mario main or not.

Mario's Frame Data by bobson

- Your standard frame-data posting. Pretty interesting, and a good source of judgement on how fast certain attacks are.

Mario's General Disscussion Thread by Straked

- A place to hang out and talk with your fellow Mario mains.

Index of Mario Players by BO X7

- Go here if you're looking for another Mario to play against. Organizes by Country and then State (if applicable). Very useful.

The truth about Ness, a collective effort by the entire Mario boards.

Lol at Ness...

VII. Closing Comments

That's all! If you feel any threads should be added to this archive, feel free to post about them. Once more, please visit Monk's Mario Brawl Video Archive for anything related to Mario videos.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The Mario boards just had an orgasm of win the past few days.

Good idea Skyler

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
<3 Skyler. We definitely needed a thread like this. With this we won't even need to have all the awesome threads to be stickied with this as a reference.

You should however put up Judy's thread about Mario's combo list.

This needs to be stickied, and fast.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
dang i should stay up to date with the boards i missed a lot thx for bringing everything together.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can you guys give me any suggestions on things that need to be unstickied?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
lol @ my metagame analysis being stickied, but everyone wanted it stickied so I guess I can see the point.

You can unsticky the gimp list and the general chat thread (it'll stay on the first page on it's own). Perhaps unsticky Vato's match-up thread too and replace it with Boss'.

I would much rather prefer the Q&A thread to be stickied rather than my metagame analysis though.

Oh, and get rid of the weekly character discussion too. It's just standing there drifting.

vato_break

Smash Master
lol @ My Metagame Analysis Being Stickied, But Everyone Wanted It Stickied So I Guess I Can See The Point.

You Can Unsticky The Gimp List And The General Chat Thread (it'll Stay On The First Page On It's Own). Perhaps Unsticky Vato's Match-up Thread Too And Replace It With Boss'.

I Would Much Rather Prefer The Q&a Thread To Be Stickied Rather Than My Metagame Analysis Though.

Oh, And Get Rid Of The Weekly Character Discussion Too. It's Just Standing There Drifting.
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I will. And I was going to say no to this becoming the general chat thread, but Hylian said that. Just make a social group, guys :)

I will add both threads once I'm done playing Tales of Symphonia (Give me about two days).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
lol I didn't get pwnt. I was expecting that honestly. :laugh:

Btw Skyler, how about the Match-up Index?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright then. I am adding the Match-up Index, Momentum Breaking, and Rate My Mario. Be right back.

EDIT: Added the Match-Up Index and Rate My Mario. The Momentum Braking thread needs to reach a conclusion about the best way to momentum break and then I'll put it up.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
yo just finished reading everything (up to this point). I'm to tired to explain in words, but it was well worth it.

Top Bottom