• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The secret to getting better with toon link

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

Normally I'd say this should have been posted in the social thread.
But I think that we can all agree that this deserved it's own thread XD.
This doesn't mean I'm allowing spam threads... it just means that sometimes I allow exceptions that I don't need to defend or explain myself for.

Also pro tip, you're meant to read the speech bubbles from right to left. It may have taken me some time to figure that out.

D

Deleted member

legend states that the southpaw posts once in a blue moon around these parts

D

Deleted member

I get the idea that there's a joke here that I'm missing, but holy ****, but Gay's faces in just the first few pages of that are godlike. Also, am I the only one who doesn't know what this '3:10 combo' thing that people keep talking about lately is? Lol

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
...You forgot? I'm at a loss for words. Is that even allowed?

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
...You forgot? I'm at a loss for words. Is that even allowed?
I'm not sure if it's allowed but apparently it's possible, I can tell you that much. Now that I recall it, I can sort of see why I forgot. The colon thing was a rarely told inside joke about an inside joke.

Edit: I finally got around to finishing this. It's quite amusing.

Last edited:
I was bad with toon link once, then I learned the santi 3:10 combo and I became less bad

~

I remember this one time, I was in a tournament match against a Marth, and I was losing. I knew I had to clutch it out and the opportunity arose for me to do the Santi 3:10 combo. I knew it was my only ticket to victory, so I went for it. I pulled out a bomb, tossed it, baited the Marth, swung my sword and prayed that everything would go exactly as planned. I put so much focus into that Up Smash that I can still remember the way the white in Marth's eyes faded out of existence upon the blade making contact. I witnessed Marth's body soar through the air in slow motion and collide with the bomb. I let out a sigh of relief. The Marth got KO'd and I won the set. I stood up and reached my arm towards my opponent's, but he gave me a disappointed look and a weak handshake, then left. I didn't think much of it because I still had cash money to make, but later on, I noticed that he stopped showing to tournaments. I asked around to see if anybody had heard from the guy but everybody I asked said no. A few minutes later, I received a mysterious message on AIM from a person I didn't know, asking if I had a minute. I wiped the sweat from my brow and responded "sure". The person introduced himself as the Marth main that I had 3:10'd way back when. He offered his greetings but then told me that ever since that tournament, things haven't been looking up for him. He started getting bad grades in school and wasn't connecting as well as he used to with his friends. He then told me that his parents died in a mysterious accident and that the only thing he could do to ease the pain was to beat his wife. But not at Smash Bros though, I mean literally beating his wife. Like domestic violence. He said that he joined the Smash community because he really liked Smash Brothers, but after getting 3:10'd by me, he had a moment of clarity. The darkness inside him woke up and he hadn't been the same ever since. He said that it was hard for him to feel anything, and that he would watch idly as the phony world in front of him passed him by. His perspective on the game was warped as well, and when he wasn't viciously beating his wife, he was obsessively JC Throwing bombs upwards into Up Smash while uttering the words "never again" to his lonesome, almost like if he was re-living the past trauma. I was really scared that he was telling me this. It was at least past midnight when he told me, and I was alone in my room with the windows open just browsing Smashboards. Also, I was drinking a carton of chocolate milk at the time, which made me feel younger than I was. I didn't know how to respond to his claims of domestic violence and his dark, almost sadistic viewpoint on life, but then I remembered something that sounded a bit fishy. I bravely put my hands on the keyboard and after a deep gulp, I typed, "Do you even have a wife?". After a brief moment of silence, the Marth main went offline and I never heard from him ever again.

Last edited:

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
I remember this one time, I was in a tournament match against a Marth, and I was losing. I knew I had to clutch it out and the opportunity arose for me to do the Santi 3:10 combo. I knew it was my only ticket to victory, so I went for it. I pulled out a bomb, tossed it, baited the Marth, swung my sword and prayed that everything would go exactly as planned. I put so much focus into that Up Smash that I can still remember the way the white in Marth's eyes faded out of existence upon the blade making contact. I witnessed Marth's body soar through the air in slow motion and collide with the bomb. I let out a sigh of relief. The Marth got KO'd and I won the set. I stood up and reached my arm towards my opponent's, but he gave me a disappointed look and a weak handshake, then left. I didn't think much of it because I still had cash money to make, but later on, I noticed that he stopped showing to tournaments. I asked around to see if anybody had heard from the guy but everybody I asked said no. A few minutes later, I received a mysterious message on AIM from a person I didn't know, asking if I had a minute. I wiped the sweat from my brow and responded "sure". The person introduced himself as the Marth main that I had 3:10'd way back when. He offered his greetings but then told me that ever since that tournament, things haven't been looking up for him. He started getting bad grades in school and wasn't connecting as well as he used to with his friends. He then told me that his parents died in a mysterious accident and that the only thing he could do to ease the pain was to beat his wife. But not at Smash Bros though, I mean literally beating his wife. Like domestic violence. He said that he joined the Smash community because he really liked Smash Brothers, but after getting 3:10'd by me, he had a moment of clarity. The darkness inside him woke up and he hadn't been the same ever since. He said that it was hard for him to feel anything, and that he would watch idly as the phony world in front of him passed him by. His perspective on the game was warped as well, and when he wasn't viciously beating his wife, he was obsessively JC Throwing bombs upwards into Up Smash while uttering the words "never again" to his lonesome, almost like if he was re-living the past trauma. I was really scared that he was telling me this. It was at least past midnight when he told me, and I was alone in my room with the windows open just browsing Smashboards. Also, I was drinking a carton of chocolate milk at the time, which made me feel younger than I was. I didn't know how to respond to his claims of domestic violence and his dark, almost sadistic viewpoint on life, but then I remembered something that sounded a bit fishy. I bravely put my hands on the keyboard and after a deep gulp, I typed, "Do you even have a wife?". After a brief moment of silence, the Marth main went offline and I never heard from him ever again.
I don't know if I should believe this but.. believable or not that was quite the tale.

Things you find here on the boards can be so wacky at times, I don't even know what to say about that.

Either or, Tink too good.

D

Deleted member

i'm on a quest to 3:10 combo on stream, i will post when i have accomplished said act

powerpaul95

Smash Rookie
Im a bit new to the smash coommunity, is there any video of that supposing wonderful technic that is santi 3:10?

Top Bottom