• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Secret Society of Pit

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed that these forums support a social group feature. Now I didn't look through the whole list, but the search didn't turn up any Pit groups. I was wondering if someone were to create a group exclusive to Pit mainers who are dedicated to the advancement of the Pit meta-game, would anyone join?

Coffee™

I need it....
Well the whole forum is aimed towards the advancement of the Pit's metagame but I see nothing wrong if a select few individuals were to form a "secret" group dedicated to "finding ways to get better with Pit".

Coffee™

I need it....
Sounds fine by me.

However, how would we go about deciding who should be in the initial draft of this "group".

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Well, several members are obvious. kupo, Undr, Maniacly, sage, and kown. Umm, I know I had the idea of the group, but I also understand that I have made no real contributions to the Pit meta-game, so I suppose the rest are just people you respect as Pit board members. I don't know how tight you guys think membership standards should be.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
This is a very interesting idea. I'm not a Pit mainer, but I do like the idea of a dedicated group progressing his game. I've always felt that there was lack of good Pit players representing him in tournaments, hence his standing on the Tier List.

Coffee™

I need it....
If a pit society is what your looking for http://www.allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=1686
Make an account
The fact that they have "no Camping" as part of the introductory paragraph already deters me. Aside from that though, the topics discussed in that group aren't exactly directly aimed towards "advancement of Pit's metagame" more so than they are simply general discussion as can be found right here.

Also Smashboards isn't Allisbrawl, theres no reason why Smashboards can't have it's own group for discussing things a bit more important than "What do you think Pit's most spammed move is".

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This whole boards is for advancing his meta game and making Pit better, why would we want some cult for it? If you wanta talk about something find or make a thread for it we dont need/want some "Secret Society of Pit" it would just make it harder for new ideas to come into play and keep everyone like minded in there thinking and hinder more then help.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Well, the cult is kind of pushing it hard. It's more about keeping a tighter communications between members who are actively trying to improve Pit's meta-game. The general board is for asking basic questions or for helping out those who don't often go to these type of boards. The group would be almost a project oriented community.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
there are plenty of people doing this right now. Check out rouge's newest thread, the pit combo list. I think there are plenty of good players here, and they are usually spreading the knowledge. While you get the noob every now and then, they dont do any harm. After all, the best way to learn is to teach, right?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Well, the cult is kind of pushing it hard. It's more about keeping a tighter communications between members who are actively trying to improve Pit's meta-game. The general board is for asking basic questions or for helping out those who don't often go to these type of boards. The group would be almost a project oriented community.
Fine the point is we have this, its called smash boards we do exactly what you are talking about, we make threads for new ideas, combos, and so on. If we had some "Secret Society of Pit" we can lose out on alot of new ideas or revamps of old ideas, Kupo, rogue, Myself and almost everyone on the Pit boards, save Sagemoon and Undr (technicly I was to but I forgot my password =P), is an 08 joiner and is relitivly new to smash in the conpetitive way. Do you think that all these people should have been locked out for this kind of stuff, because they were new, or let them contribute to find new and better things?

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Ok, let me say this now. "The Secret Society of Pit" is just a name I chose randomly, it doesn't really have to be secret. It wouldn't be a super-exclusive club, it would just be a club exclusive to those really wishing to advance Pit's meta-game. A lot of the posts on here aren't specified to advancing meta-game, they are more like general posts to get small amounts of info at a time, with a few exceptions. (Like the stickies and large info posts.)

Coffee™

I need it....
Do you think that all these people should have been locked out for this kind of stuff, because they were new, or let them contribute to find new and better things?
I do not believe Phaigne meant for it to be something only exclusive to the members that join the group, more so a gathering of people who focus "extensively" on ways to boost Pit's metagame forward, then after testing, debating...etc then release it to the rest of the Pit boards where other members can now benefit from that whatever information was found.

EDIT: It's just Maniac for short Phaigne ._.

Top Bottom