• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Secret Power of Fire Spike

Chip.

you know what to do
Something weirder; I was fighting my Sheik friend on FD and then I SH daired him(by accident), Fire spiked him, bounced off the stage, sent him into the air and killed him o.O. All at FD with no platforms.

Your Young Link is good.

Jash

Smash Lord
Something weirder; I was fighting my Sheik friend on FD and then I SH daired him(by accident), Fire spiked him, bounced off the stage, sent him into the air and killed him o.O. All at FD with no platforms.

Your Young Link is good.
That would be an interesting video to see. One time on Corneria, my brother was Fox and he was standing on the little dent on the stage. I shffled my Dair and he got Fire Spiked on 78 and died going up. Thats pretty sexy if you ask me. Thanks again Chip for the compliment on my Young Link.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
woah i really like ur Ylink, ive been trying to upgrade my skills with young link and it really seems difficult. i get owned by shiek the most. i hope one day to be as good as u possibly. :D

Chip.

you know what to do
Yes, Jash doesn't have an over the top Young Link like some other ppl out there...

all I said was that he's good XD

Jash

Smash Lord
You can't really say whos better out of me or Hero Sublime. We have never played eachother. One day we will, it will be epic...oh yea. Meta, maybe you should play me one day too.

Chip.

you know what to do
Where do you live? Our battle should be epic as well!

....Granted no one's seen me play, you still have to believe me, I REALLY am pretty good.

Those vids of mine will be up on February 10, I promise!

RPK

Smash Lord
hmmm did it just bounce him off the platform?
Well think of Ganondorf's dair. It sends them straight down if theyre in the air, however if theyre on the ground they fly straight up. Now apply the same physics to Y.Links Firespike and bam there you have it :3
@Jash
dude that fire spike 1:40 was hella sexy :D xD :3

Jash

Smash Lord
The Fire Spike takes a lot of practice, don't be so sure that it will come out. There is a hitbox there the same as the Fire Spike that doesn't Fire spike, in fact its a stronger version of the Dair that kills Marth on 99%. Basically what im trying to do is show people new and different skills that may help on your gameplay. Hopefully i was successful.

MonkeyMan

Smash Journeyman
hmm reading these posts reminded me of this time my friend was going for a sweet spot as fox with his Up B in the lower left of dreamland 64 and i stupidly jumped at hum with sh d air and hit him with a fire spike with like the last frame of the move has he pull back the sword and i bounced off of him and made it back, it was so glorious!

PyroHero

Smash Cadet
I just fire spiked 10 minutes ago xD. It made this sexy long fire pillar @ FoD. xD should'a seen it. I was playing my brother who was marth, and he was on the left side of the stage and I knocked him up really high. Then I waited 2 seconds and jump as high as I could, and fire spiked him. Huge long fire pillar. XD that was sweet.

FireSpike= GodTier

Metà

Smash Master
You can't really say whos better out of me or Hero Sublime. We have never played eachother. One day we will, it will be epic...oh yea. Meta, maybe you should play me one day too.
I would very much like to play your Young Link...with my uber technical crazy fast Fox. =P
Whereabouts do you live? I am from Vancouver, BC.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I've been noticing Jash's young link casually. mainly because I was trying to find a good example of how to use young link as a peach counter. Jash yl = rediculous.

so, can you explain the physics of the fire spike, and the specs of the hit box?

also. I'm sure you tear through most peach players, what are some good finishing moves, I can projectile spam alright, but landing the kill move is rather difficult.

ALSO, since I'm asking questions like a noob (to yl), do you have any simple projectile tricks, or traps that could help me out in the peach match-up?

Jash

Smash Lord
Sure i can help you out with your questions LinkMasterSword, Beating peach is pretty simple with Young Link. Good finishing moves to do is the Bomb to Dair, once peach is 100% she is most likely dead and the bomb just sets her up for the kill. Most peachs like to Float Cancel so use that as your advantage and always have a bomb in your hand. While peach is floating there is really nothing she can do to defend herself against Young Link sexy projectiles. Also don't ever fight peach with just the sword alone, your just asking for it if you do. Every Peach likes to spam Dsmashs and i think everyone in smashboards knows why. I suggest using your projectiles as your advantage and once gotten hit by one, start doing your Young Link combos. Shes a floaty so it shouldnt be that hard to figure how to combo her. If your still having problems then watch my video of me fighting a peach with intense mindgames. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86G_G3EbzxI
Also The Fire Spike is very specific, to get it out 100% with no worries they have to touch the very tip of your head. to get it 75% of the time they have to touch your shoulder or the the side of your head, if it doesnt come out it becomes a critical hit version of Dair. Well uh...thats it, thanks for reading and LinkMasterSword, i hoped i helped u in anyway.

Chip.

you know what to do
>_>

<_<

....why hasn't anyone asked to fight me??? Meta, don't you live somewhere above WA state? If so, then we should smash sometime.

Jash you, I, and other great Young Link players should get together and have weekend long, Young Link only smashfest palooza! That would be awesome hmmmm? lol JK not really but oh well...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, about vids of my Young Link I think I promised most of you that I would have vids after Feb 10th soooooo I'll either have them up tonight or tomarrow but rest assured my Young Link is not to dissapoint *chuckles*

edit: Jash is right, Peach is pretty easy prey for Young Link but doesn't mean you still have to watch out for yourself in the fight. Space and spam your projectiles, always keep a large distance from you and the princess. Always watch out for her d-smashes and keep your sheild up when she does it, then, sheild grab and combo her. Spaming will indefinetly be the key to your victory. Yes, Bomb Plant is the best case scenario to finish her off/or bomb->nair works or just a classic d-smash work almost as well.

Jash

Smash Lord
Yea Chip, a Young Link smashfest would definitely be something sexy. Gives me a great chance to meet other great Young Link Players and learn some great things from em. Hopefully someone rises up and make something like that. Oh and Chip...its the 11th....wheres your Young Link? I really want to see it.

Chip.

you know what to do
Thanks Jash, but it's probably true, Hero Sublime is in all technical terms better than me but it's not something anyone can prove :/. It's one thing to say that Hero Sublime has more experience against other players, but you can't say he's better than me without seeing any of my vids, am I right?

sigh, I don't know if I'll get to even play Hero Sublime now that he's quite and all T_T

^_^

All right I know all of you are wondering "where is Chip's Young Link?" Well, my crew members were 'unavailable' today so I had no chance of any recording.

Next Friday, I'll have them! Just plz be patient everyone, I've got this.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not a bad Y.Link, Jash, but check out Hanki. Az too good!

Hanki plays up against some serious competition too, he's even beaten Forward's Falco at AzOne.

Jash

Smash Lord
Hmm, hes not a bad Young Link, I respect the way he controls him *with speed*. His projectile skill is pretty good as well. One day we shall meet Hanki and have ourselves an old fashion Young Link ditto.

Top Bottom