• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is why the subject of indie characters should never be bought up near your average Nintendo fan. Since there is bound to be controversy over the character's iconography or deserving factor for Smash.

Pink Gold Peach since she or Metal Mario are guaranteed to be added as extras at this point. We did have DK Jr. and Baby Mario in the first game, so anything can happen in Mario Tennis.
I hate Pink Gold Peach :(

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Well, now that I have a little free time, I'll post this here.

http://linkerluis.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Daisy-555996291
Very good! I like. :)
Looks like JoAnn fabrics and clothing have added official Nintendo character stripes to their stores

http://www.joann.com/nintendo-character-stripe-cotton-fabric/14492565.html#close=undefined&start=1
Daisy is there. Better.

By the way, I share the link of a post of SourceGaming.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/25/nobestchoice/

The difference between Waluigi and Daisy, is that she has been at least one game canon (Super Mario Land), the other not. ;)
I've been to other places to vote for Daisy. :awesome:

#VOTEFORDAISY

HanAmes

Smash Ace
No, this is taken way out of context.
Somebody requested Daisy for Smashified Live, a livestream dedicated to drawing a simpler character.

Smashified replied and said Smashified Live was dedicated to simpler characters and that Daisy would be too hard, for Smashified Live.
But, what I don't get is, how in the world would Daisy be too hard for a Smashified Live? Is it her dress / sports outfit / striker outfit / etc that is too hard? Or is it a public relations thing where Daisy is such a polarizing character? I may never know.

And besides, Daisy doesn't HAVE to be Smashified LIVE, just Smashify her and I'll be happy.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
But, what I don't get is, how in the world would Daisy be too hard for a Smashified Live? Is it her dress / sports outfit / striker outfit / etc that is too hard? Or is it a public relations thing where Daisy is such a polarizing character? I may never know.

And besides, Daisy doesn't HAVE to be Smashified LIVE, just Smashify her and I'll be happy.
Peach's dress is very detailed in the renders.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looks like JoAnn fabrics and clothing have added official Nintendo character stripes to their stores

http://www.joann.com/nintendo-character-stripe-cotton-fabric/14492565.html#close=undefined&start=1
And as expected, no Bowser Jr. :troll:

I can't like this image enough.

Reminds me that they were planning to add Princess Peach to Super Punch Out but chose Donkey Kong after worrying about the implications.

We need a Punch Out with females only.:p
Punch Out U with Peach as a boss needs to be a thing. To hell with the Social Justice Warriors on Dumblr. :awesome:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman

Hmm, it might look a little weird, but I think this could work as an avatar.

It sounds like part of the reason why some support threads have been particularly volatile recently is because of the dearth of new Smash info. We don't even really know when the next batch of new Smash stuff is going to be announced. What we do have are a bunch of rumors and text "leaks" that seem to provide just enough info for people to react to a hypothetical scenario where a character they like doesn't make it and one they dislike does.

I mean, I definitely support K. Rool being in Smash, for example, but I don't really care for posts complaining about "anime characters," criticizing Dixie, or trashtalking Daisy, Shovel Knight, and Shantae supporters. I think I sort of understand where people making those posts are coming from since there are only a limited number of spots for ballot DLC and K. Rool is quite popular. That said, I feel like it makes sense to focus on supporting the characters you like now and then see how things go once we actually get an announcement from Sakurai and co.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Hmm, it might look a little weird, but I think this could work as an avatar.

It sounds like part of the reason why some support threads have been particularly volatile recently is because of the dearth of new Smash info. We don't even really know when the next batch of new Smash stuff is going to be announced. What we do have are a bunch of rumors and text "leaks" that seem to provide just enough info for people to react to a hypothetical scenario where a character they like doesn't make it and one they dislike does.

I mean, I definitely support K. Rool being in Smash, for example, but I don't really care for posts complaining about "anime characters," criticizing Dixie, or trashtalking Daisy, Shovel Knight, and Shantae supporters. I think I sort of understand where people making those posts are coming from since there are only a limited number of spots for ballot DLC and K. Rool is quite popular. That said, I feel like it makes sense to focus on supporting the characters you like now and then see how things go once we actually get an announcement from Sakurai and co.
Cant believe that I haven't asked this until now, but would you like to be on the support list? It's better now than never.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, what makes him so special that he gets priority over actual Nintendo characters?:confused:
I've wondered this about Ryu. I mean, I know Ryu is well-known, but...few people asked for him over other Nintendo characters. Sakurai calls the shots!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I've wondered this about Ryu. I mean, I know Ryu is well-known, but...few people asked for him over other Nintendo characters. Sakurai calls the shots!
He is the ICON of fighting games. Along with Chun-Li, Scorpion, Sub-Zero or what-not...

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I heard SOMEWHERE that Lucas/Ryu/Roy had little to nothing to do with the ballot? They were decided before then, which would make sense since they were able to release 3 full characters so quickly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like how not a single person mentioned that he had quite the Japanese requests before the ballot was a thing. Ryu was the nineteenth most wanted character and fifth most requested third party character if we revisit a certain chart.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
In other news, two new Mario Maker costumes have been revealed!

Daisy still hasn't been seen yet.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I loves me that chart!:chuckle:
While this chart is good, it's rather outdated by now. What would really be exciting is seeing an updated version with better results in three weeks (Since that's the most it would take based on PushDustIn's words). Not much had really changed with the Top 25 except that Roy and Ryu are confirmed with Micaiah and Banjo doing much better in terms of requests after the ballot's announcement.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've encountered an argument from an anti-Daisy fan about our beloved princess that had THIS to say:

"Daisy's fans are fighting a losing battle."
"Daisy has no personality. What ever personality traits she has are made up by her fans."
"Daisy's fans are just setting themselves up for disappointment."

Anyone know the best way to counter these arguments? I asked because I'm in need of some ammunition against these claims.
I'd say that those barely qualify as arguments, and as @ Nintendotard Nintendotard said, the first on is frequently aimed at just about any character that you can think of. In fact, all of them are. There seems to have been little effort put into them.

I once encountered a fantastic one against Bandana Waddle Dee, myself, which was the ultra-lazy "...". No effort was put in to suggest why the detractor didn't like the character. Those sorts of things just aren't worth your time.

To that end, I think this superb article from Source Gaming might be helpful in some way, here.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
In other news, two new Mario Maker costumes have been revealed!

Daisy still hasn't been seen yet.
Wait....Rosalina isn't in slot 10? Someone needs to tell the wiki. This definitely means that Daisy is inbetween slots 10-24 if she's even in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like how not a single person mentioned that he had quite the Japanese requests before the ballot was a thing. Ryu was the nineteenth most wanted character and fifth most requested third party character if we revisit a certain chart.

Still behind Daisy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still behind Daisy.
Even though he was behind Daisy, he would still be picked because he's legendary. While I know that Crapcom can be a bit greedy at times, they probably had some influence in convincing a fellow Street Fighter fan (Sakurai) into making him DLC). Everyone knows who he is, 90's kids and new gamers, so having Mr. Fighting Game join the battle would not be an opportunity that Sakurai would miss out on.

Don't worry, I know we all still want Daisy regardless of this and certain folks have special priorities. And it's not like they will think about bringing Ryu back in a sequel anyways (one time deal).

D

Deleted member

Even though he was behind Daisy, he would still be picked because he's legendary. While I know that Crapcom can be a bit greedy at times, they probably had some influence in convincing a fellow Street Fighter fan (Sakurai) into making him DLC). Everyone knows who he is, 90's kids and new gamers, so having Mr. Fighting Game join the battle would not be an opportunity that Sakurai would miss out on.

Don't worry, I know we all still want Daisy regardless of this and certain folks have special priorities. And it's not like they will think about bringing Ryu back in a sequel anyways (one time deal).
The thing is, it's easy to come up with an explanation after the fact of why a character was selected to join Smash Bros, but impossible to predict beforehand. Even with popularity pie charts. Going back to the original comment, this means it's also impossible to predict who Sakurai will not consider (outside of "must originate from a video-game", apparently), so like always we'll just have to wait and see.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Wow...just, wow...is he even a Nintendo character? But anyway, I agree that he's better off not talked about, so back to the subject about Daisy.

I've encountered an argument from an anti-Daisy fan about our beloved princess that had THIS to say:

"Daisy's fans are fighting a losing battle."
"Daisy has no personality. What ever personality traits she has are made up by her fans."
"Daisy's fans are just setting themselves up for disappointment."

Anyone know the best way to counter these arguments? I asked because I'm in need of some ammunition against these claims.
I've seen that "Daisy has no personality and would just be a Peach clone" type of reasoning a good bit. At first glance, I think it might seem reasonable since Peach and Daisy certainly look similar, but I don't think there's really a ton of merit in it once you get past that.

Starting out, Peach's personality wasn't very complex; she seemed to mostly just fill the "damsel in distress" role in the Mario games. When Daisy was introduced in Super Mario Land, she filled a pretty similar role. However, once she made it to spinoffs, there already was a princess type character on the roster (Peach), so I think there was more of a need to set her apart by giving her a unique personality since she'd seem redundant otherwise. As people have mentioned many times in this thread, the distinctions between Daisy and Peach (e.g., flowers vs. hearts, tomboy vs. traditional princess, spunky vs. refined etc.) have continued to appear in games and arguably have increased over the years.

Basically, I feel like the reason why Daisy has a distinct personality is mainly because Nintendo has felt the need to distinguish Peach and Daisy in order to justify having both of them. That being the case, I don't think "lack of a personality" is a real obstacle to Daisy being in Smash.

Cant believe that I haven't asked this until now, but would you like to be on the support list? It's better now than never.
Sure, I'd be glad to be added to the support list.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sure, I'd be glad to be added to the support list.
Added.

The thing is, it's easy to come up with an explanation after the fact of why a character was selected to join Smash Bros, but impossible to predict beforehand. Even with popularity pie charts. Going back to the original comment, this means it's also impossible to predict who Sakurai will not consider (outside of "must originate from a video-game", apparently), so like always we'll just have to wait and see.
That latter part is indeed true since the thing with Smash speculation is that it's impossible to find a pattern. For example, everyone and their grandma thought that characters like Mach Rider or Takamaru were shoo-ins in comparison to a dog that did nothing but laugh. Then we would wind up getting Duck Hunt in the end since the character is extremely iconic and Sakurai even took note of how the top selling zapper would provide for great gimmick. Takamaru would get the Assist Trophy treatment since the character lacks Western familiarity while there is no explanation behind Mach Rider (meaning he simply didn't want to revisit the character).

All in all, we will always wind up with some fan favorites (:4littlemac::4palutena:) and characters nobody wanted (:4duckhunt::4wiifit:) when it comes to Smash. And characters who were heavily asked for like K. Rool and Ridley will be left out due to not interesting him on first sight or because they won't work. Like a certain old friend would say, the Smash speculation community will not be 100% at predicting every single thing that will be in the game without leaks.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
You guys going haywire over a rumor that hold "credibility"? Others had more credibility and they turned out to be false, I did some "sabotage" here and there and a lot of people aren't giving it much credit so chill guys, on another note, it won't be long before Mario Maker comes out, I am positive Daisy is there as a costume.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You guys going haywire over a rumor that hold "credibility"? Others had more credibility and they turned out to be false, I did some "sabotage" here and there and a lot of people aren't giving it much credit so chill guys, on another note, it won't be long before Mario Maker comes out, I am positive Daisy is there as a costume.
Actually, many had calmed down about Shovel Knight an hour ago. It doesn't matter either way since it will probably be an Amiibo that will only be compatible with a few games (not Smash).

And on the subject, there's still a good chance for the outfit to be discovered if we wait long enough. It took days until somebody managed to find two new costumes (Dr. Lobe and Bowser Jr.) recently. So chances are that one reviewer should at least get around to unlocking most of the costumes if they do the challenges religiously since they are unlocked at random like Smash's trophies.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
By the way, I just saw that someone on Deviantart made a Daisy model that was in Sakura's outfit along with Peach dressed as Chun-Li! Am I the only one who wants Street Fighter X Super Mario to happen?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
By the way, I just saw that someone on Deviantart made a Daisy model that was in Sakura's outfit along with Peach dressed as Chun-Li! Am I the only one who wants Street Fighter X Super Mario to happen?
I'm sure everyone would throw their money at Crapcom the day that were to happen. People got excited about the idea of Nintendo vs Capcom happening after the Ryu leak and look where that went. If only the company did more with Nintendo these days instead of just the usual Monster Hunter games.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm sure everyone would throw their money at Crapcom the day that were to happen. People got excited about the idea of Nintendo vs Capcom happening after the Ryu leak and look where that went. If only the company did more with Nintendo these days instead of just the usual Monster Hunter games.
Nintendo vs Capcom would honestly be hype.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Curious help for Daisy!

Not bad, but I prefer a real amiibo Daisy. How do we get it?
Keep voting for Daisy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm, looks decent but the paintwork is a bit rough and the eyes aren't right.
I think that's just how painting directly on to clay goes. I wonder when people will start making 3D printed amiibos.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Curious help for Daisy!

Not bad, but I prefer a real amiibo Daisy. How do we get it?
Keep voting for Daisy.
So, did YOU make the amiibo? Of course it looks a bit rigid compared to a regular amiibo, but seeing this one here is a good way to suspend disbelief. To be honest, if Nintendo made a legit Daisy amiibo, I'd honestly pay $100 for it, but until then, my compliments to the artist who've made this one.
#Hi, I'm Daisy!

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
The people still want the sequel to "Super Princess Peach" for WiiU.

The truth is that I won't complain at all, because we would see Daisy in action, better.
Although I actually prefer a "Mushroom Kingdom Warriors".

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who really likes the repeated "Hi, I'm Daisy!" line in that image? :laugh: It brings back great memories of Mario Kart Double Dash!!.

Top Bottom