• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
So what are some edges the Desert Princess has over the other Mario picks

Bowser Jr, Waluigi, and toads these three seem to be the most popular choices but there is also Rosalina and Birdo. Thats a total 6 (including Daisy) wanted character for the new Mario rep

Now what makes her a better choice?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So what are some edges the Desert Princess has over the other Mario picks

Bowser Jr, Waluigi, and toads these three seem to be the most popular choices but there is also Rosalina and Birdo. Thats a total 6 (including Daisy) wanted character for the new Mario rep

Now what makes her a better choice?
I'd say it's because unlike the other Mario characters (not counting Wario) she was originally made by Gunpei Yoko, master of the Game Boy. She at least made one non-spinoff appearance unlike Waluigi and has far less haters non-Smash wise (only in the Mario fanbase). She is also is a counterpart to Peach like Mario is to Luigi and Wario is to Waluigi. And she is the only character that would be great to represent the Super Mario Land games unlike the unpopular Tatanga. Think of the uniqueness her moveset would have involving both spinoffs and Super Mario Land references. Many classic Mario fans hate Junior for replacing the Koopalings and Birdo's true gender and ugly appearance turns many people off from her/him. Many people doubt Toad for being annoying and a "side character". Rosalina is constantly overlooked by the like of a certain overrated puppet, Geno.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
I'd say it's because unlike the other Mario characters (not counting Wario) she was originally made by Gunpei Yoko, master of the Game Boy. She at least made one non-spinoff appearance unlike Waluigi and has far less haters non-Smash wise (only in the Mario fanbase). She is also is a counterpart to Peach like Mario is to Luigi and Wario is to Waluigi. And she is the only character that would be great to represent the Super Mario Land games unlike the unpopular Tatanga. Think of the uniqueness her moveset would have involving both spinoffs and Super Mario Land references. Many classic Mario fans hate Junior for replacing the Koopalings and Birdo's true gender and ugly appearance turns many people off from her/him. Many people doubt Toad for being annoying and a "side character". Rosalina is constantly overlooked by the like of a certain overrated puppet, Geno.
Yup pretty much this. I'd take her over Waluigi, Birdo, Rosalina and Bowser Junior anyway. Besides Toad, she's the main Mario rep that I'm supporting;) But We can't really deny Bowser Junior's(fml) Waluigi's(WTF?) and Toad's(yeah :bee:) popularity. So she has some tough rivalry.

:phone:

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Wowy R.O.B. lots of good points ^_^

certainly the one good thing is she isn't heavily hated like the other i listed seems like most Nintendo fans like her or don't care about her :( If only would release a new game with her as the leading lady. it'd be great to see her in something fresh that isn't a sport/party spin off

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wowy R.O.B. lots of good points ^_^

certainly the one good thing is she isn't heavily hated like the other i listed seems like most Nintendo fans like her or don't care about her :( If only would release a new game with her as the leading lady. it'd be great to see her in something fresh that isn't a sport/party spin off
What, like: 'Mario lazer tag!' or 'Luigi and Daisy, killed while kissing.'??

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I have to say, reading this thread makes me want Daisy in Super Smash Bros. She'll likely just continue to be a color swap of Peach, though, which is really a waste of her talents.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How is Geno overrated? He's rate just fine.

Rosalina is just another peach clone

jigglover

Smash Lord

Rosalina's got a pretty interesting back-story, so I think that she is better than Peach. She also has a connection with the Lumas rather than Toads, who just admire Peach. But you can't say she isn't a Peach clone, I'd love Peach to get replaced by Rosalina though. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The mushroom kingdom. Where all men are plumbers and all women are princesses.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I'd beg to differ, but this isn't the right place to talk about it.

Anyway, while Daisy has offered a good amount in her spin-off roles, she's primarily been spin-off exclusive, despite appearing in Super Mario Land.

D

Deleted member

.....I guess the fact he's the King of the Koopa clan as well as being the father of 8 children, and is given the typical male terms such as "he" and "his" means he can possibly be a she and be lesbian for Peach.

.....really? :facepalm:

What's next, Mario's really a woman now?

jigglover

Smash Lord
.....I guess the fact he's the King of the Koopa clan as well as being the father of 8 children, and is given the typical male terms such as "he" and "his" means he can possibly be a she and be lesbian for Peach.

.....really? :facepalm:

What's next, Mario's really a woman now?
... I meant it as an it... But if it has to be a boy or girl then Bowser's gay and his children don't know the difference between a man and woman...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Inb4 Bowser with a maids outfit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I meant as a species, and Bowser has never actually been confirmed officially as a male.
1) I'm pretty sure he has
2) I said MAN, not male. There is a difference. MAN indicates mankind, AKA Human

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Let's continue talking about Daisy everyone

If Daisy makes it into ssb4 then she could have her old color scheme as one of her costumes. Unless there will be color editing for costumes in this game.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Probably Mario Party 3.Typical camera angle when you win.

I was trying to joke with the Bowser thing since he is neither a princess or a plumber,but it didn't really work since Psycho was talking mankind

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Two Words: Annoying Fanboys

Especially during the pre-Brawl era.

@Really Shy Guy That would be perfect fanservice for the fans of the original/classic Daisy. This is also proof that she is far different from Peachy.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Probably Mario Party 3.Typical camera angle when you win.
Yes it's from Mario Party 3 after winning a minigame called Cheep Cheep Chase

Here's the minigame (Daisy is the winner!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0d1V_kpvNk

@Really Shy Guy That would be perfect fanservice for the fans of the original/classic Daisy. This is also proof that she is far different from Peachy.
Yeah I really want Daisy to have her old design back! It make her apperance really look like a desert princess. Also she doesn't have the annoying voice in this time.
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
"Hi I'm Daisy!"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
xD right!

also if you watch earlier in the clip you can see she more confident then Peach even attempts to use her feminine charms to bypass the rules almost works on the old Star haha! ^_^

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well technically Daisy isn't from the mushroom kingdom and I think the Mario bros are from Newyork and Rosalina lives in space..... so yeah ^_^

but anways back to the Desert Princess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgaR_jdRAYQ#t=78s
I was taking more along everything that lives in that world/ universe

Don't know what the world is called. Just call it the Mushroom Kingdom...world

And Daisy has been the princess of the mushroom kingdom before, technically.

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
I was taking more along everything that lives in that world/ universe

Don't know what the world is called. Just call it the Mushroom Kingdom...world

And Daisy has been the princess of the mushroom kingdom before, technically.
oh okay

Really? Well I wouldn't doubt it since she rules over 4 kingdoms currently ^_^

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Maybe,we still haven't heard of a queen or king though,it's also weird that none of them are married,basically that would be Mario,but she doesn't even seem to care about getting married,she almost got married with Bowser though.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
Well King Toadstool (as seen in the anime and manga) is still in charge of the Mushtoom Kingdom I suppose. So Peach has no need to become queen yet. Idk about Daisy though. Maybe the two of them want to live their lives to the fullest before getting married :p Once Daisy gets pregnant with Luigi Jr, she won't be Mario Partying any more lol.

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Well King Toadstool (as seen in the anime and manga) is still in charge of the Mushtoom Kingdom I suppose. So Peach has no need to become queen yet. Idk about Daisy though. Maybe the two of them want to live their lives to the fullest before getting married :p Once Daisy gets pregnant with Luigi Jr, she won't be Mario Partying any more lol.

I have a feeling Luigi would be a stay at home dad in that given scenario haha ^_^

Top Bottom