• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Waluigi gets a free pass (I support him too though), but Daisy is the one who gets hated.
This, just so much. Everyone loves Waluigi and wants him to be in Smash but when someone mentions Daisy it's "Oh well Peach has a Daisy color pallet and that's good enough."

Waluigi appears in Smash as an assist trophy, also both Mario and Luigi have a Waluigi color pallet. I mean I love the guy too and wouldn't mind if he gets in but come on, stop making excuses for why Daisy shouldn't be in that also apply to Waluigi if you think he should get in.

Waluigi used to have quite a lot of flack directed at him, too, though. I remember finding it quite odd. It wasn't until I came here that I realised that it had faded.
I have literally never seen any hate directed towards Waluigi or his fans.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Seriously? Before I came here, I honestly didn't know that people directed hate at Daisy or her fans.

It's kind of like we've seen the extreme opposite ends of the spectrum! :laugh:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Seriously? Before I came here, I honestly didn't know that people directed hate at Daisy or her fans.

It's kind of like we've seen the extreme opposite ends of the spectrum! :laugh:
I guess hanging around reddit doesn't help much, does it? Also tumblr praises the guy like a god. It's kinda weird...

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
No Waluigi hate? I remember that IGN once said that Waluigi was a character that you wouldn't leave your kids with as a babysitter. A gaming magazine once called both him and :4wario2: evil twin knockoffs! I also remember a blog or an article that questioned Waluigi's fans on why they wanted the "fourth fiddle" to join the fight. I'm pretty sure there's more out there somewhere, and I'm still looking.

D

Deleted member

As one who has supported Waluigi since Brawl speculation, I have seen the hate firsthand during Smash 4 speculation (when I actually was on SmashBoards).

Mr. Bulldops

Smash Rookie
Why do you people entertain memoryman3 with responses? If there was ever a Daisy fan to give her fandom a poor image, it'd be him.

How does that even work? I mean, doesn't Rosalina's storybook imply that her mother is no longer among the living?
Remember when Rosalina and the Lumas reset the universe at the end of the game? That's how. They've lived through universal resets where things became reborn but weren't quite the same again afterwards. The point of that scene was specifically to tie into Rosalina's own origins. The entire story of Galaxy doubles as sort of being a repeat of the storybook in a sense. Rosalina was looking for her mother in the storybook among the stars, which is replicated by her helping Mario in finding Peach.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Why do you people entertain memoryman3 with responses? If there was ever a Daisy fan to give her fandom a poor image, it'd be him.
I want Daisy to be a bigger character, I really do. But I just don't know how to go on about it without looking like a troll. If I was great at drawing, I would. But right now she seems stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Remember when Rosalina and the Lumas reset the universe at the end of the game? That's how. They've lived through universal resets where things became reborn but weren't quite the same again afterwards. The point of that scene was specifically to tie into Rosalina's own origins. The entire story of Galaxy doubles as sort of being a repeat of the storybook in a sense. Rosalina was looking for her mother in the storybook among the stars, which is replicated by her helping Mario in finding Peach.
Staying silent doesn't help either you know...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Because the current strategy helps so much.

I think we shouldn't troat-shove anything, be it through whining "WHY DUN YOU LIEK DAIZY" or trying to apply logic to taste.
We're not in the position to be loud.

Call it unfair, hypocrite, I don't care, but at least accept that "advertisement" won't make us seem better.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I think we shouldn't troat-shove anything, be it through whining "WHY DUN YOU LIEK DAIZY" or trying to apply logic to taste.

Call it unfair, hypocrite, I don't care, but at least accept that "advertisement" won't make us seem better.
Right, "Respect to foreign right is peace" is a saying from a Mexican revolutionist, a shame not everyone realizes this.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

We should probably take inspiration from the King.K.Rool fans and build up a large campaign to get her in if she misses this entry.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
You completely missed my point.
We're not in the position to do this, we're already hated and we're even more hated when we become even louder.
What I'm saying is that the K.Rool and Issac people are relatively loud, but are accepted.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What I'm saying is that the K.Rool and Issac people are relatively loud, but are accepted.
Because they are more well loved and "respected" Their are some people out there that thinks ill towards KKR and Isaac in some ways, but the positive fanbase is much bigger than the hated parts. Daisy, however, has more hate than love now.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Because they are more well loved and "respected" Their are some people out there that thinks ill towards KKR and Isaac in some ways, but the positive fanbase is much bigger than the hated parts. Daisy, however, has more hate than love now.
It's not THAT bad, she is still loved more than being hated, but it doesn't help that the hatedom is more loud and noticeable.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's not THAT bad, she is still loved more than being hated, but it doesn't help that the hatedom is more loud and noticeable.
Ok, then it's more that the loved fanbase isn't together as a group like the KKR fanbase is. Comparing that, I'm not seeing Daisy fans "side by side" right now. Whenever I see "love for Daisy" I'm seeing "HATE HATE HATE"> I'm not convinced there's enough fans of her in the right place.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Ok, then it's more that the loved fanbase isn't together as a group like the KKR fanbase is. Comparing that, I'm not seeing Daisy fans "side by side" right now. Whenever I see "love for Daisy" I'm seeing "HATE HATE HATE"> I'm not convinced there's enough fans of her in the right place.
Only a handful of places have Daisy fans gathered(like here), while the rest are scattered and silently enjoy Daisy as their favorite character, whereas the haters, well places like GameFaqs speak for themselves(but we have Michaellol to thank for starting the Daisy hate there).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, going off subject a bit, (Mostly because all the talk about Daisy hate is getting REALLY depressing, as real as the hate may be.) What do you all think Princess Daisy's role in the SSE might have been had she been playable in Brawl?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

You completely missed my point.
We're not in the position to do this, we're already hated and we're even more hated when we become even louder.
Just to add to these posts: There is no point in worrying about others' differing tastes, or trying to militantly change the minds of those who don't like a fictional character for whatever reason. The best approach is just to enjoy what you enjoy - ultimately, showing your passion for what you have fun with has a ripple effect. That's why, as SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS notes, the positives outweigh the negatives for some other characters.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just to add to these posts: There is no point in worrying about others' differing tastes, or trying to militantly change the minds of those who don't like a fictional character for whatever reason. The best approach is just to enjoy what you enjoy - ultimately, showing your passion for what you have fun with has a ripple effect. That's why, as SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS notes, the positives outweigh the negatives for some other characters.
Seems the haters LOVE to express their hatred of something they downright don't like.

Mr. Bulldops

Smash Rookie
I never said you should be silent, however take a look at this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72629609

You have anti-Daisy sentiments, but it's mostly people annoyed with certain behaviors more than anything. In fact, I think I can make a whole explanation for the problem here (that probably applies to Daisy in general and why she has this polarizing position) and why exactly she's far off from Isaac/K. Rool, but I don't wanna come off as trollish with it so I wanna see if anyone here is interested in what someone who can be considered an outsider like myself has to say.

I want Daisy to be a bigger character, I really do. But I just don't know how to go on about it without looking like a troll. If I was great at drawing, I would. But right now she seems stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I was talking to some guys I know on Skype and they all mentioned you asking for ways on how to improve once, but you completely ignored everything that people told you. That's kind of a problem in itself.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, going off subject a bit, (Mostly because all the talk about Daisy hate is getting REALLY depressing, as real as the hate may be.) What do you all think Princess Daisy's role in the SSE might have been had she been playable in Brawl?
I've always imagined her as being a partner to Olimar and Falcon since the two were fighting in a desolate nature area before approaching the ship that carried DK's trophy. She could be seen trying to take care of a lone flower with a smile until floods of R.O.B.s would arrive to harass her. She would be suspicious of these mysterious grey robots and one of them would try shooting at her. One she laments the death of that flower she's been raising she would eventually snap and start knocking them away with brute force (which one flying R.O.B.) would fly straight in the direction Olimar and Cap where running.

The lone Red Pikmin would run a bit faster to see th commotion ahead of him, prompting his larger partners to run faster. Daisy would be done knocking another R.O.B. out with her Crystal Fist with more R.O.B. Flying in her direction. Then this is the part where she initiates her Crystal Smash to destroy these incoming mechanical monsters and prompts Falcon to jump into action. Falcon Kick! All of the crystals would be shattered and Dausy would be surprised at this man's antics. Then Olimar would catch up to the Red Pikmin to witch the spectacle of the two posing dramatically as the crystals flew about (Sentai reference for the win!). Then Cap would shake hands with an excited Daisy and they two prepare to move on with their dumbfounded alien friends.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
In fact, I think I can make a whole explanation for the problem here (that probably applies to Daisy in general and why she has this polarizing position) and why exactly she's far off from Isaac/K. Rool, but I don't wanna come off as trollish with it so I wanna see if anyone here is interested in what someone who can be considered an outsider like myself has to say.
I'd be interested in hearing it, even if no-one else is.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

You have anti-Daisy sentiments, but it's mostly people annoyed with certain behaviors more than anything. In fact, I think I can make a whole explanation for the problem here (that probably applies to Daisy in general and why she has this polarizing position) and why exactly she's far off from Isaac/K. Rool, but I don't wanna come off as trollish with it so I wanna see if anyone here is interested in what someone who can be considered an outsider like myself has to say.

I was talking to some guys I know on Skype and they all mentioned you asking for ways on how to improve once, but you completely ignored everything that people told you. That's kind of a problem in itself.
I'll be interested to hear it too.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

No, its alright, if we wanna end the problem from the root, we gotta attack it from the source, not the strongest parts, and that means we gotta listen to what others non-haters, trolls say, especially those who are neutral and willing to lend us a hand.
I was thinking, she would happen to stumble upon Luigi's trophy when Dedede has it, a now angry Daisy gives him the beating of his life, and attempts to revive Luigi, only to find he is not there, determined to find out the source of what has been going on, she sets out to find answers and hopefully reunite with her friends.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
The hatred that may have Daisy is simply a lack of attention from Nintendo. That is, there is no reason to hate Daisy as a character, just Nintendo has not given a good deal and people to see that, most don't accept that Daisy will be a beloved character.

Therefore, I say: we mustn't lose hope, so we can keep asking to Nintendo, so Nintendo can see the interest.
Furthermore, we are not the only fans, we should think that there are many more. And in the survey, the votes were positive.

PD: Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 Is there anyway I can contact with Nintendo?

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The hatred that may have Daisy is simply a lack of attention from Nintendo. That is, there is no reason to hate Daisy as a character, just Nintendo has not given a good deal and people to see that, most don't accept that Daisy will be a beloved character.

Therefore, I say: we mustn't lose hope, so we can keep asking to Nintendo, so Nintendo can see the interest.
Furthermore, we are not the only fans, we should think that there are many more. And in the survey, the votes were positive.

PD: Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 Is there anyway I can contact with Nintendo?

A help ticket, Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan left a link in one of his posts, its in page 155 on the very bottom, the last post on that page on this thread.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Whoa, a lot goes on here while I'm asleep apparently...

Anyways, about the whole debate going on earlier...

What if instead of posting about how it's hard being a Daisy fan and giving people excuses to hate Daisy and her "annoying" fandom, we do something a bit more creative? We can draw pictures, make videos, write song parodies and other things like that. Share them on websites and things to get them noticed a bit more.
Maybe we can even have a "Daisy Day" where we all wear yellow/orange and flower things in honor of Daisy. This is probably a much better way of getting her noticed than complaining about how she never gets noticed.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Whoa, a lot goes on here while I'm asleep apparently...

Anyways, about the whole debate going on earlier...

What if instead of posting about how it's hard being a Daisy fan and giving people excuses to hate Daisy and her "annoying" fandom, we do something a bit more creative? We can draw pictures, make videos, write song parodies and other things like that. Share them on websites and things to get them noticed a bit more.
Maybe we can even have a "Daisy Day" where we all wear yellow/orange and flower things in honor of Daisy. This is probably a much better way of getting her noticed than complaining about how she never gets noticed.
I agree completely. Like I said, sharing your passion has a ripple effect. :)

I'm not sure what I could make right now, but I'll have a think about it (seeing as I like Dedede and Bowser as well, maybe something themed around Nintendo's royalty?). Should be fun!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As someone who's been addicted to buying Amiibo recently (I would personally blame my girlfriend for tempting me into collecting these things), I would buy a Daisy Amiibo in a heartbeat. An OFFICIAL one and not those custom knockoffs that fans make.

And also, SUCK ON THAT MARIOTEH****INGPLUMBER! I WAS ABLE TO FIND A CHEAP ROSALINA AMIIBO WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY YOU OVER 50 BUCKS FOR IT FROM YOUR BUTTHURT ***!

Sorry, I've gone mad with power thanks to these things. :lol:

Last edited:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
As someone who's been addicted to buying Amiibo recently (I would personally blame my girlfriend for tempting me into collecting these things), I would buy a Daisy Amiibo in a heartbeat. An OFFICIAL one and not those custom knockoffs that fans make.
I would buy like 20 Daisy Amiibo and put them all on the Wall of Waifus, right next to Samus and Peach.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Did someone say Amiibo? :grin:

These are all of mine at the time of writing, complete with screenshots of their appearances in the games that I'm using them with.

My colllection doesn't revolve around complete sets, but rather around picking up my favourite renditions of my favourite characters (hence why I have a Pink Yarn Yoshi in there, instead of any of the other versions of Yoshi, for example). Of course, the trouble is, some of my favourite characters don't have Amiibo yet, although I suspect it's only a matter of time until they do. Like yourself, I would buy a Daisy one in a heartbeat, too.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would buy like 20 Daisy Amiibo and put them all on the Wall of Waifus, right next to Samus and Peach.
I would love to do the same thing if it weren't for me being so interested in the other selection of Amiibo. In terms of waifus, I still have to get Lucina and Power Suit Samus after I've recently ordered Palutena with Amazon Prime.

Some of the Amiibo interests me to the point where I want to track them down (Villager, Shulk, etc) while others just don't interest me at all (The Miis, Mario Party Amiibos, etc). My girlfriend managed to get all of the Smash ones and still plan on getting Ryu and Roy in the future along with Mewtwo. As for me, I'm only planning on getting most of them since I've got to save that money for our personal house. :smirk:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Personally, I'm not into amiibo. Some of them look tacky to me....
A big part of the fun right now is how useful they are as training tools in Smash. The learning-AIs become their own individuals over time (they continue to learn and evolve even after reaching Level 50, which is their maximum level), and it's fascinating to observe.

I find that I don't tend to think of the AIs as being the same as the character that the figure is of, in the end, so I have a lot of fun with naming them. I'm not sure what I'd call a Daisy Amiibo right now, though, as I typically tend to think of names when I've bought one or shortly beforehand. This does make me wonder what anyone else here might pick as a name if they were getting a Daisy Amiibo, though! :laugh:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Did someone say Amiibo? :grin:

These are all of mine at the time of writing, complete with screenshots of their appearances in the games that I'm using them with.

My colllection doesn't revolve around complete sets, but rather around picking up my favourite renditions of my favourite characters (hence why I have a Pink Yarn Yoshi in there, instead of any of the other versions of Yoshi, for example). Of course, the trouble is, some of my favourite characters don't have Amiibo yet, although I suspect it's only a matter of time until they do. Like yourself, I would buy a Daisy one in a heartbeat, too.
That's a lot of Amiibo, I only have two at the moment but that's mainly because I only get amiibos to customize. I'm going to eventually turn my Samus into a yellow Halo spartan and Peach is going to be fire flower colored. But they're so small, I'm afraid I'll mess up painting them...
I'm looking for several villagers and a few toon links right now, they seem like they're the easiest to customize and I already have some designs drawn up.

But if they made a Daisy one, she'd be the only uncustomized one in my collection.

Top Bottom