• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just commented there and seriously? Not that popular? Yeah right, just because other characters are more voted than her and because of the hate doesn't mean she isn't popular, a recurring sight in DLC speculation in Japan and to a lesser extent here and an iconic Mario character as well, so who says she isn't popular?

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I just comment. Of course, I want 100% Daisy in Smash, I'm sick of waiting. ;)

By the way, We're currently the 9th biggest new DLC character thread on smashboards(in terms of replies and views IDK about supporters)

The list goes

1. Ridley
2. King. K-rool
3. Bandana Dee
4. Issac
5. Rayman
6. Krystal
7. Solid Snake
8. Wolf
9. Daisy
10. Shantae

But slowly, we are falling behind because Shantae keeps rising and rising.

Really though, what matters is that we all continue voting for Daisy. Courage!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I just comment. Of course, I want 100% Daisy in Smash, I'm sick of waiting. ;)

By the way, We're currently the 9th biggest new DLC character thread on smashboards(in terms of replies and views IDK about supporters)

The list goes

1. Ridley
2. King. K-rool
3. Bandana Dee
4. Issac
5. Rayman
6. Krystal
7. Solid Snake
8. Wolf
9. Daisy
10. Shantae

But slowly, we are falling behind because Shantae keeps rising and rising.

Really though, what matters is that we all continue voting for Daisy. Courage!

Hmm...we beat out Captain Toad AND Paper Mario. Surprisingly enough...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I GOT A KILLER MOVESET IDEA:

What if Daisy's Down Taunt was the Dress Changing-animation from Mario Golf: World Tour?
She can switch between Dress/Golf Dress/Sports Outfit/Strikers Outfit at will this way!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I GOT A KILLER MOVESET IDEA:

What if Daisy's Down Taunt was the Dress Changing-animation from Mario Golf: World Tour?
She can switch between Dress/Golf Dress/Sports Outfit/Strikers Outfit at will this way!
3DS would put a damper on that.

Besides if there is a character witha costume changing gimmick, it should be the stylist from Style Savvy/Girl's Mode. I imagine Daisy just having alternates like Wario or Zamus.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
3DS would put a damper on that.

Besides if there is a character witha costume changing gimmick, it should be the stylist from Style Savvy/Girl's Mode. I imagine Daisy just having alternates like Wario or Zamus.
This is adding a few pixels to the model, not changing hitboxes, animations, and moves like Sheik and ZSS transformations would.
Saying the former can't work because the latter couldn't (maybe it could but took to long loading-wise) is grossly overstating the problem.
Adding a dress-taunt with the "loading-times" of transformations in Melee would be perfectly fine.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This is adding a few pixels to the model, not changing hitboxes, animations, and moves like Sheik and ZSS transformations would.
Saying the former can't work because the latter couldn't (maybe it could but took to long loading-wise) is grossly overstating the problem.
Adding a dress-taunt with the "loading-times" of transformations in Melee would be perfectly fine.
I'm sure that Sakurai did not regret leaving the transformation concept behind.

As for that "Rate Their Chances!" thread, I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's no predicting what the team will do when it comes to DLC now (still no Wolf, King.K.Rool costume, Ryu etc.).

So vote for any character you want.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I rated her. I'll admit, I'm rather pessimistic, so I gave a low chance, but my want is as high as ever.

:231:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well, I rated her. I'll admit, I'm rather pessimistic, so I gave a low chance, but my want is as high as ever.

Don't worry about it, you gave your opinion and everyone has to respect that, of course what worries me a little are the nay sayers as always.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Don't worry about it, you gave your opinion and everyone has to respect that, of course what worries me a little are the nay sayers as always.
Yeah, I know what you mean. One of the arguments I've found there was that 'her abilities and personality are boring.' Subjective...subjective at its finest. And to be honest, if Daisy would be boring, I'd find Peach more boring. Peach is stale, useless, and most of the time, reliant on Mario to save her.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yeah, I know what you mean. One of the arguments I've found there was that 'her abilities and personality are boring.' Subjective...subjective at its finest. And to be honest, if Daisy would be boring, I'd find Peach more boring. Peach is stale, useless, and most of the time, reliant on Mario to save her.
Dude SMW3D, SPP are proof she can hold her own, so don't say she is useless, don't get me wrong, I like Daisy more than Peach and Rosalina by a long shot but try not to sound bias at threads like the RTC.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Dude SMW3D, SPP are proof she can hold her own, so don't say she is useless, don't get me wrong, I like Daisy more than Peach and Rosalina by a long shot but try not to sound bias at threads like the RTC.
I know I sounded biased, but I was just stating how I felt. I don't know what got into me, but when it came out, it came out. Soooo, it won't happen again.;) I can't promise anything, though...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
But, just to be fair, Super Princess Peach hasn't been acknowledged by Nintendo in a long time since that game, and well, other than the RPG games and SMB2, that's only like 3-4 instances where she's really "held her own" while most of the time, she's been captured, without even trying to fight back. Daisy as things been portrayed, only has gotten captured once and never again since.

Peach, although yeah she's not as useless as some may think, but really, you can't see she's "a threat" to any villain out there in the Mushroom Kingdom, otherwise, she wouldn't be getting kidnapped every freaking time Mario turns his head to sneeze.

And well, like mentioned before, I too could really care less about Peach at this point, she has her "damsel" card for far too long to change her damage.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I know I sounded biased, but I was just stating how I felt. I don't know what got into me, but when it came out, it came out. Soooo, it won't happen again.;) I can't promise anything, though...
It's actually quite hard seeing your favourite character being looked down as irrelevant and boring upon in the general Smash threads, to the point where sometimes winds me up, but that's why this thread is here, to show support.

That ballot is there for a reason, it's our chance to tell Nintendo HOW our favourite video-game character can be a good addition to Smash. All these posts about Daisy being a Peach clone are very unlikely to make it past the ballot, while those that show that she can be unique are. This fan-made rule that Daisy HAS to copy Peach is mostly stupid (Lucina literally calls herself Marth, and Dark Pit and Dr.Mario are just variations) as she doesn't summon Peaches.

I'm not sure if she can float or not though. A floating Daisy would be awesome!

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Even though I kept saying all the aforementioned things about Peach, I never once said that I disliked her. I just wish that she'd look after herself in the main games instead of relying on Mario. One thing for sure, though, SMB2, SPP, SMRPG, and SM3DW ARE gemstones to her persona compared to other actual main games where she's a dammy.

As far as Daisy is concerned, there are times where I'm afraid that if she finally gets her shot in being in a main game, they might truly make her like Peach and have her get kidnapped a lot, not able to look after herself, and just outright tarnish her character that she had in the spin-offs. Maybe her staying in the spin-offs IS her saving grace in a way, if her intentions of being in the main games is to be another Peach. I just don't want to see her get that kind of treatment, but nonetheless, being in an actual main game COULD do very much for her and her reception...not to mention, actually having her own game, which would definitely propel her persona to Rosalina's Observatory the moon!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Only 2 more hours, just hope during this time the haters don't come in at full force and downgrade her Chance and Want rating.

Well that was more or less hard blow, but for me at least it's a motivator to show all of them that her chances aren't as low as they make them out to be.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope several of you don't get upset once I announce this. But Daisy had experienced a sharp decline in her rerate, going from 21% to 15%. Still doesn't really mean much since it means that not much had really changed like many of the other characters who had their rerate (except K. Rool and Inkling).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I hope several of you don't get upset once I announce this. But Daisy had experienced a sharp decline in her rerate, going from 21% to 15%. Still doesn't really mean much since it means that not much had really changed like many of the other characters who had their rerate (except K. Rool and Inkling).
It also has to do with the fact that more people that don't like her rated her, rather than us, so this pretty much shows what are the thoughts of this community but it doesn't reflect what are are the thoughts on her globally, so I say let's show em!

Troykv

Smash Master
Daisy is the second character that got a GENERAL drop in the Re-Rates (I think), the first one was Micaiah.

Is a little bit sad this.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
After hearing this, I suddenly feel a whole responsibility on our shoulders to do our part and get her support back up again. To tell you the truth, though...I'm starting to feel a little bit pessimistic about her chances, which is out of character for me. I can wax poetic about her until the cows come home, but I'm feeling that it wouldn't be enough.

Edit: I DO feel another Daisy article coming on me, though.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nearly 6 weeks left until the ballot close and about two weeks of summer left until everyone should be back in college. There's little we can do other than to see if she's still trending in the social media or simply do what we can for these last two months.

Still hoping that we at least get a new Nintendo Direct before the end of the month for this news drought. With Iwata gone, I'm wondering if Miyamoto will be the one to present the final results and show the fanbase who's in the Top 30.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nearly 6 weeks left until the ballot close and about two weeks of summer left until everyone should be back in college. There's little we can do other than to see if she's still trending in the social media or simply do what we can for these last two months.

Still hoping that we at least get a new Nintendo Direct before the end of the month for this news drought. With Iwata gone, I'm wondering if Miyamoto will be the one to present the final results and show the fanbase who's in the Top 30.
Still active in places like Tumblr, DeviantArt and once in a while in places like Mario wiki and Serenes Forest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still active in places like Tumblr, DeviantArt and once in a while in places like Mario wiki and Serenes Forest.
Good to hear. Those fans will have keep that noise blaring for a good six weeks until she's in a good position to be noticed like the other possible Mario choices.

Still wonder if she will be anywhere near Captain Toad, Paper Mario, and Geno in the final list.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Good to hear. Those fans will have keep that noise blaring for a good six weeks until she's in a good position to be noticed like the other possible Mario choices.

Still wonder if she will be anywhere near Captain Toad, Paper Mario, and Geno in the final list.
Not now at the moment, most of her notability is as you know in Japan, but anything can happen in just 6 weeks, oh and Btw as you know, Daisy outclasses Cap and Geno over there in the east, if only it was the same here....

Troykv

Smash Master
This is absurd... Seeing how things go ... Shantae could end up having a Chance Buff.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's honestly funny cuz I support Shantae, but I really don't have a big high change with her getting in. But, too many things Sakurai has done at this point that just boggles my original thoughts about characters, all he needs to know who Shantae is and find out that, yes, Japan does know, despite how small, does actually like who she is as a character.

But still, I'm staying out of that for now.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
But... This is worse than only be "Daisy hate". They are overrating a Indie Western Character.
Like I said, any character that is in their book: Annoying, not important to their main series, doesn't have a wacky and weird personality and abilities and more things I can think of but I would not finish in all night if I listed all reasons haters and certain people don't want Daisy in a Smash game.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
This is absurd... Seeing how things go ... Shantae could end up having a Chance Buff.
I think it can be interesting to see people's arguments for why they want or don't want a character or why they think a character is or isn't likely, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the rate their chances thread since the fighter ballot is unprecedented and as such we're working from pretty limited information right now.

Plus, there aren't really hard and fast rules when it comes to chance ratings, so I think the exact numbers are necessarily going to be sort of arbitrary. For example, should the fact that Daisy has mostly appeared in spinoff games reduce her chance rating 10%, 30%, 50%, or 90%? I really don't know. I also don't know how that factor compares to a character not being in a recently released game, being a third party rather than a first party, or to the many other factors that could affect whether a character makes it into the game.

So yeah, I'd try to not let it get you down and I'd encourage you to keep supporting the characters you like. I know it can be discouraging when it seems like a lot of people have really negative opinions of the characters you like. Honestly, that's part of the reason why my preference is for people to focus more on why they like the characters they want in rather than why they dislike the characters they want out. Sure, some characters might have more of a chance to get in than others, but it's not like dissing somebody's favorite character is going to make yours (to clarify, I don't mean you in particular, just smash fans in general) be more likely to get in, right?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I think it can be interesting to see people's arguments for why they want or don't want a character or why they think a character is or isn't likely, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the rate their chances thread since the fighter ballot is unprecedented and as such we're working from pretty limited information right now.

Plus, there aren't really hard and fast rules when it comes to chance ratings, so I think the exact numbers are necessarily going to be sort of arbitrary. For example, should the fact that Daisy has mostly appeared in spinoff games reduce her chance rating 10%, 30%, 50%, or 90%? I really don't know. I also don't know how that factor compares to a character not being in a recently released game, being a third party rather than a first party, or to the many other factors that could affect whether a character makes it into the game.

So yeah, I'd try to not let it get you down and I'd encourage you to keep supporting the characters you like. I know it can be discouraging when it seems like a lot of people have really negative opinions of the characters you like. Honestly, that's part of the reason why my preference is for people to focus more on why they like the characters they want in rather than why they dislike the characters they want out. Sure, some characters might have more of a chance to get in than others, but it's not like dissing somebody's favorite character is going to make yours (to clarify, I don't mean you in particular, just smash fans in general) be more likely to get in, right?
Thanks! That was a great post.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Thanks for the wise words! We can all learn to support our characters other than hating or discouraging others that they don't want in the game.

Even though I forgot myself as a die-hard Daisy fan this morning, I've managed to calm down and not let the vitriol get to me. Your post, as well, helped to remember who I am and who we are. So, I'll take your word for it, and I'll never give up on Princess Daisy, ever!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, the point to note is RTC aims not to find out what their chances actually are, but to find what we (SmashBoards) think about their chances. So I wouldn't worry too much. It doesn't mean her chances actually decreased after the re-rate.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
After hearing this, I suddenly feel a whole responsibility on our shoulders to do our part and get her support back up again. To tell you the truth, though...I'm starting to feel a little bit pessimistic about her chances, which is out of character for me. I can wax poetic about her until the cows come home, but I'm feeling that it wouldn't be enough.

Edit: I DO feel another Daisy article coming on me, though.
Don't put too much sweat into it.

If you actually think about it, Daisy has all the makings of a notorious video-game character.

- "She's annoying"
- "She never appears in main games"
- "She has NO personality" (untrue)
- She has some similarities to Peach "OH NO SHE MIGHT BE A PETCH CLONE"

All these factors make it really easy to pick on her and hate on her.

Remember people, this section is IMPORTANT

With this column, you can directly tell Nintendo why Daisy would be an interesting fighter.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Why are you so pessimistic? :ohwell:

That is the main problem of Daisy fans.
We must have hope, I ignore the opinion of the haters.
Our main mission is to vote in the poll (Fighter Ballot) by Daisy, otherwise spare.

Princess Daisy has many fans, and she can still have a chance.
Also, I wish there was a Nintendo Direct, but if not, I don't care.
We have to continue voting for our princess, that's the only way for Daisy to enter the panel Players of Smash Bros. Stop wailing.

Meanwhile, I continue voting for Daisy in numerous IPs.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Just like FalKoopa and BabyCowLand said. The numbers from the RTC thread are arbitrary at best. The point of that thread is just to see what the board in general thinks their chances are, and has no real impact on a characters chances. Sakurai is unpredictable and in the end no character is a sure thing and almost everyone has a chance, some even bigger than you might think. There are still probably tons of people outside of smashboards voting for characters they like as well, such as Daisy.

The important thing to remember is that you can't vote against a character in the poll. So basically, haters have no power at all. All, Sakurai and whoever else is going to see, and probably care about, are all the positive things Daisy fans are saying about her, and how much we want her in the game. So just keep on voting and showing support for Daisy, because in the end that's all that matters!

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Not now at the moment, most of her notability is as you know in Japan, but anything can happen in just 6 weeks, oh and Btw as you know, Daisy outclasses Cap and Geno over there in the east, if only it was the same here....
I just want you to know the rumors I heard that Geno is in the top ten daisy is in the top 20 cap is in the top 15 from what I been hearing ut you cant always believe what you heard XD

Top Bottom