• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy Ditto

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
So since 3.0 releases in less than a week and I'm wondering how the Roy ditto will work and how to play it. Would It just be like the Marth ditto where you space for grabs and down tilts and then you just combo from there?

D

Deleted member

the neutral is probably the same or very similar anyway. from PA the match changes a lot, marth's conversions rely on aerial to aerial chains to maintain PA, roy's rely on his ability to put the sword between the opponent and the stage as you try to leverage the opponent away from having options to deal with the juggle. clearly this makes marth's conversion game much stronger, but maybe some new development from PM will change that.

GeZ

Smash Lord
the neutral is probably the same or very similar anyway. from PA the match changes a lot, marth's conversions rely on aerial to aerial chains to maintain PA, roy's rely on his ability to put the sword between the opponent and the stage as you try to leverage the opponent away from having options to deal with the juggle. clearly this makes marth's conversion game much stronger, but maybe some new development from PM will change that.

I feel that Roy may have a tougher time with his conversions but he's got solid hitboxes that can eat other moves so he can bully his way in more effectively. His Nair hits way harder than people think, and can be used to kill in an aerial combo at high percents. So I think he'll have an easier time bullying and pushing the opponent around, getting more opportunities and putting himself in more advantageous positions from that, but will get full combos less, and short strings that end in fat hits more. On the subject of fat hits, Dsmash eats everything.

Top Bottom