• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Rosalina Gameplay Videos Thread

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I see you added the SmashLeague NY video that I posted a while ago. Here are the other two videos that follow after the one posted above:

SmashLeague NY - FS Nairo + FS NAKAT vs Dabuz + Jtails - Grand Finals - Smash 3DS
SmashLeague NY - FS Nairo + FS NAKAT vs Dabuz + Jtails - Grand Finals Set 2 - Smash 3DS

My comment about the video and who won:
I'm slightly disappointed with Nairo and Nakat winning at the end since I was cheering on Dabuz, but that Diddy Kong really needs to get it together. I think Dabuz and JTails really need to coordinate better, especially JTails since Dabuz was able to save him.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
I have some battles against a decent player in For Glory. I won about 6 battles but he managed to get two off me.

First battle: Rosalina vs Jigglypuff

Last battle: Rosalina vs Cpt. Falcon

I have one other replay against him that I may upload in the future but he went down a stock early because his Falcon Kick missed the ledge. I try to upload replays of battles that were good, and the match was good but the battle isn't really that interesting if I just have to take down one stock like that so I'm probably not going to upload it.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Last battle: Rosalina vs Cpt. Falcon
Me before seeing the battle:

:drflip: GO FALCON GO!

Me after seeing the battle:

:cool: Well, ****...

Now, it seems that it's just as I thought with this matchup. The one time the Falcon player had any opening to get in was when you separated yourself from Luma (trying to shoot it at him), thus allowing him to get rid of it and then come after you.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Me before seeing the battle:

:drflip: GO FALCON GO!

Me after seeing the battle:

:cool: Well, ****...

Now, it seems that it's just as I thought with this matchup. The one time the Falcon player had any opening to get in was when you separated yourself from Luma (trying to shoot it at him), thus allowing him to get rid of it and then come after you.
Yeah, that is pretty much the matchup. You can't really juggle Rosa when Luma is around, so you might as well kill Luma (Which is pretty easy) and then rush her down because she is very easy to combo without Luma's coverage. Keep in mind that Luma can actually be pretty useful if you want to get a hit on a spotdodging Rosalina. The Falcon in this video took advantage of the hitlag he gets from hurting Luma to FALCON PAWNCH me into the Shadow Realm during the spotdodge.

Fighting a decent player online who knows how to punish Rosalina is what really makes your weaknesses stand out. That's why I love training in For Glory, because you actually learn a thing or two if you can manage to find someone good through all of the scrubs. It's fairly easy to win as Rosalina, but that's only because most people come unprepared against her. She is not broken, there are people out there that I fought who know how to destroy her because they understand some of her glaring weaknesses. Trust me, a lot of this will be much more clear as the meta develops.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
So what do you guys think of the following bout?

Nice match. You made good use of your wall jumps and you knew how to deal with that Rosalina effectively.

I just came back from a tournament, and I fought a hyper aggressive Falcon who was scaring the living **** outta me. Definitely the best Falcon I fought, and we tied for half our battles even though I knew the matchup extremely well. Taught him a few things he didn't know to improve his Falcon like boost grabs and roll cancelled grabs afterwards when we did 8 player battles on the Wii U version.

Anyway, that was really great. When we finally get to fight each other; I'll promise that I'd put up more of a fight than that Rosalina :p. If I have any replays of that Falcon, I'll make sure to upload them to help people like you improve.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Nice match. You made good use of your wall jumps and you knew how to deal with that Rosalina effectively[...]
The Falcon isn't me.

I just came back from a tournament, and I fought a hyper aggressive Falcon who was scaring the living **** outta me. Definitely the best Falcon I fought, and we tied for half our battles even though I knew the matchup extremely well. Taught him a few things he didn't know to improve his Falcon like boost grabs and roll cancelled grabs afterwards when we did 8 player battles on the Wii U version.

Anyway, that was really great. When we finally get to fight each other; I'll promise that I'd put up more of a fight than that Rosalina :p. If I have any replays of that Falcon, I'll make sure to upload them to help people like you improve.
I'll try and put up a fight, don't worry.

Did you win your tourney?

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Ah I see. Just assumed it was because you posted haha.

Nah, I didn't win the tourney. I double stocked the first guy 2-0 but my next opponent was really good with Greninja and I kept on getting punished by attempting to shield grab his dash attack because he didn't seem to have lag at the end of it. I lost to him 2-1 because I figured out that he isn't that great with platforms.

I spoke with that Falcon I was talking about and apparently he got bodied by the same Greninja. I only found out later that the Greninja won the tournament.

Sadly, there was no losers bracket so I didn't have a chance at that. But that wasn't bad considering this was my first tournament. Definitely going to come back to the next one.

Also, I only have one replay of that Falcon destroying me because I got an interesting kill with Luma's desynced 3 hit jab hitting him while I charged up my F-Smash. I'll probably upload it here (Damn, I should've saved some more).

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Ah I see. Just assumed it was because you posted haha.

Nah, I didn't win the tourney. I double stocked the first guy 2-0 but my next opponent was really good with Greninja and I kept on getting punished by attempting to shield grab his dash attack because he didn't seem to have lag at the end of it. I lost to him 2-1 because I figured out that he isn't that great with platforms.

I spoke with that Falcon I was talking about and apparently he got bodied by the same Greninja. I only found out later that the Greninja won the tournament.

Sadly, there was no losers bracket so I didn't have a chance at that. But that wasn't bad considering this was my first tournament. Definitely going to come back to the next one.

Also, I only have one replay of that Falcon destroying me because I got an interesting kill with Luma's desynced 3 hit jab hitting him while I charged up my F-Smash. I'll probably upload it here (Damn, I should've saved some more).
It's alright, just post this vid here. Next tournament you can murder everyone and save it all.

EndgameN

Star Lord
NNID
EndgameN
3DS FC
3625-8676-1692

This is probably my favorite match from my exhibition after the Something Awful Tournament we had. Any tips or pointers you could give me? I think nair into ftilt or dtilt was my strongest and most used approach, and the only customs used were the Side B 3.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
New to Rosa, just looking for advice on how to improve since I ain't so hot with her.

vs. :4lucina:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3JrcV2wr0c&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
vs. :4ness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O18HS03rQ4&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
vs. :4gaw:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMrlmE_wjg&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
vs. :4ganondorf:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7Gcov_O2Y&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ

Hardest one: vs. :4link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ImZXLo_5k&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ

• I don't exactly make good use of the Luma and rarely attack from a distance with him. I also keep forgetting he doesn't have a shield and I let him die too quickly, which I think is kind of a big deal for me with the upcoming nerf in Wii U.
  • I have trouble angling the UpB.
  • Don't know any true combos. Heard Rosalina has some, but I dunno how to do them
  • In the Ness Match, I probably could've used DownB to absorb his PK Thunders and PK Fires, but didn't. I'd probably have to be wary of PKT2 though.
  • I don't know the matchup very well against any of these characters besides Lucina to an extent.
Against that Link player, I clearly won more because I got lucky than from skill; as there one instance when I missed the UpB and missed the edge, and was clearly about to fall to my death and lose the game until he accidentally put me out of my helpless animation. Being saved by my opponent, that was actually pretty funny :p. From the others, I feel I won more because my opponents were just really horrible rather than because I'm decent, and I found a better opponent I would get nowhere fast. But for someone new to Rosalina, I don't think I did too bad..... did I? :confused:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So what do you guys think of the following bout?

Oh ****!
That's me!
Looking back at this, I can't believe how many oppertunities I had to punish, only to just roll away, -_-

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
New to Rosa, just looking for advice on how to improve since I ain't so hot with her.

vs. :4lucina:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3JrcV2wr0c&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
vs. :4ness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O18HS03rQ4&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
vs. :4gaw:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMrlmE_wjg&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
vs. :4ganondorf:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7Gcov_O2Y&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ

Hardest one: vs. :4link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ImZXLo_5k&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ

• I don't exactly make good use of the Luma and rarely attack from a distance with him. I also keep forgetting he doesn't have a shield and I let him die too quickly, which I think is kind of a big deal for me with the upcoming nerf in Wii U.
  • I have trouble angling the UpB.
  • Don't know any true combos. Heard Rosalina has some, but I dunno how to do them
  • In the Ness Match, I probably could've used DownB to absorb his PK Thunders and PK Fires, but didn't. I'd probably have to be wary of PKT2 though.
  • I don't know the matchup very well against any of these characters besides Lucina to an extent.
Against that Link player, I clearly won more because I got lucky than from skill; as there one instance when I missed the UpB and missed the edge, and was clearly about to fall to my death and lose the game until he accidentally put me out of my helpless animation. Being saved by my opponent, that was actually pretty funny :p. From the others, I feel I won more because my opponents were just really horrible rather than because I'm decent, and I found a better opponent I would get nowhere fast. But for someone new to Rosalina, I don't think I did too bad..... did I? :confused:
Little help?

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353

Neos

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! So I entered a Wii U tournament at a place called Gwinnett Brawl and did very well! I placed 2nd (1st place is ScAtt who plays a very good Megaman and Meta Knight) and I had a VERY fun time at the tournament and I'm definitely certain you guys will enjoy watching my matches as well! (Definitely Grand Finals) Anyway here are the matches I played:

Winner's Bracket: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Fatality (:4falcon:)

Loser's Bracket: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Ojama (:4sheik:) NOTE: My sister! :facepalm:

Loser's Bracket: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Dynomite! (:4sheik:) NOTE: Starting at Game 3, THAT'S when I went Final Form for the rest of the tournament! :laugh:

Loser's Semifinals: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Fatality (:4falcon:)

Loser Finals: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Player-0 (:4lucario:)

Grand Finals + RESET: Neos (:rosalina:) vs ScAtt (:4megaman:,:4metaknight:) NOTE: Very intense for children under the age of 13! :p

Also critiques would be nice! Thanks for watching!

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Hey guys! So I entered a Wii U tournament at a place called Gwinnett Brawl and did very well! I placed 2nd (1st place is ScAtt who plays a very good Megaman and Meta Knight) and I had a VERY fun time at the tournament and I'm definitely certain you guys will enjoy watching my matches as well! (Definitely Grand Finals) Anyway here are the matches I played:

Winner's Bracket: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Fatality (:4falcon:)

Loser's Bracket: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Ojama (:4sheik:) NOTE: My sister! :facepalm:

Loser's Bracket: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Dynomite! (:4sheik:) NOTE: Starting at Game 3, THAT'S when I went Final Form for the rest of the tournament! :laugh:

Loser's Semifinals: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Fatality (:4falcon:)

Loser Finals: Neos (:rosalina:) vs Player-0 (:4lucario:)

Grand Finals + RESET: Neos (:rosalina:) vs ScAtt (:4megaman:,:4metaknight:) NOTE: Very intense for children under the age of 13! :p

Also critiques would be nice! Thanks for watching!
The uair kill on Meta Knight in GF was so freaking dirty and I loved it.

Also LOL at the commentators having no idea what Rosalina's crawl is.

Last edited:

Neos

Smash Cadet
The uair kill on Meta Knight in GF was so freaking dirty and I loved it.

Also LOL at the commentators having no idea what Rosalina's crawl is.
Lol that's one of the reason why I love playing Rosalina, because of all kinds of shenanigans she can pull off!

I also found it funny that the commentators kept calling Rosalina's crawl Peach's float instead. Those guys are hilarious!

kyutwo

Smash Rookie
I've been playing a LOT of Rosalina. I've got a lot of replays on my channel as well. I think these matches are the best ones so far.
youtube.com/watch?v=XWYI9P5xUNk
The opponent's name was "Society" After the first match he/she kept using "Rosalina Counter-picks" or in my opinion most of them are counter-picks to Rosalina except Luigi, and on the last match his/her edgeguarding tactics seemed like either desperation or that he/she wasn't sure what to do so I left after that. But they were fun matches. When I got King Dedede down to 80% on the last stock, I just went straight rush-down on him which is how I like to play Rosalina. :)

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Tourney set from this past sunday showcasing a lot of the uses of n-air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfEyAiQb7dc&list=PLAmLug-YyfK_J8rRsJl_0dxUOdsegRJGQ&t=3m0s
For some reason I expected your avatar to be accurate and see NPH playing Smash. 0/10, not enough NPH.

Real talk though, I have 2 questions. Vs. Dedede, is it better to try and hit the Gordos back or just absorb them with GPull? And in your match against Kirby, how did you get Luma spinning in place without Rosalina doing her corresponding animation? Starting a bit after the 8 minute mark.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If they toss it from afar they usually can shield it in time to not matter, so I don't usually bother hitting the Gordos back. I'd rather guarantee the negation with the absorption and rush him down more quickly. And if they're up close you can't always be sure your attack will hit at the correct angle because DDD may angle it vertically or horizontally, so again, I choose the guaranteed option. I think it's ideal to hit it back, but it's risky for me personally until I get more matchup experience.

And for the Luma jab, Kirby dtilted me during my jab combo and it desynched me from Luma. I noticed this and kept mashing "A" until I got up from the trip. Then I held "A" while moving forward to continue the desynch. I tried to grab him during Luma's jab combo, but you can't grab while already holding "A", apparently. I'll have to test to see if there's a work-around, enabling Rosalina to grab during Luma's jab combo in that situation because it comes up a lot.

Last edited:

drLemons

Smash Rookie
NNID
leivionade
And for the Luma jab, Kirby dtilted me during my jab combo and it desynched me from Luma. I noticed this and kept mashing "A" until I got up from the trip. Then I held "A" while moving forward to continue the desynch. I tried to grab him during Luma's jab combo, but you can't grab while already holding "A", apparently. I'll have to test to see if there's a work-around, enabling Rosalina to grab during Luma's jab combo in that situation because it comes up a lot.
Rosalina can actually do every move in this desync situation. You have to let go off A and input a move quickly before holding A again. Luma will only stop his jab combo if you let go off A the very moment he finishes one spin, so you have plenty of time to input an attack. If an opponent gets stuck in Luma's jab you can get free stuff like a smash attack or 30% off a grab with Luma jabbing and Rosalina pummeling at the same time. That is, unless they changed something in the Wii U version.

You can also start the desync when Rosalina is landing from Launch Star.

Oh and it's one of my favourite things to do in For Glory, side taunting while Luma pelts an opponent.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rosalina can actually do every move in this desync situation. You have to let go off A and input a move quickly before holding A again. Luma will only stop his jab combo if you let go off A the very moment he finishes one spin, so you have plenty of time to input an attack. If an opponent gets stuck in Luma's jab you can get free stuff like a smash attack or 30% off a grab with Luma jabbing and Rosalina pummeling at the same time. That is, unless they changed something in the Wii U version.

Oh and it's one of my favourite things to do in For Glory, side taunting while Luma pelts an opponent.
This is very helpful. Thanks. >:]

c4p1v4r4

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4270-1365-3495

Is there some more info about this? I'm trying to do it in training mode I haven't succeed.

Top Bottom