• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The RoK Says this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

comboking

Smash Master
^---- Obsessed with RoK and needs to get off his Nutz. Nuff said.
speaking of putting the clan first what about that thing you were going to get me for our forums?

nice post by the way I always spell your name right

RoK you rock keep up the good work!

null55

Smash Master
Even though after reading this I can say RoK is a super douche bag, at the same time I don't think we should even acknowledge such an obesely conceited thread with a response, even a negative one. The fact of the matter is, roK, ROK, rOk, or whatever the ****'s name is, is the epitome of what Sakurai wanted to avoid in making this game. He can be good with Ike, but modesty and respecting your opponent is imperative when your at that level. Sakurai never said he didn't want competition, he said no matter what there will be competition, but what he hoped for was that the winner says good game to the loser, and the loser says good game to the winner, and no matter what skill level they both respect the outcome and their opponent. RoK's response after losing to that MK user was the exact opposite of that ideal.

"If we fight and you do beat me; The odds are that the match isn't of any importance." !?!!?!? Are you serious? I hope you mean that you distinguish between work and play BEFORE the match, because someone beating you and then you saying you weren't trying; that's the most childish thing I've ever heard. There's something called responsibility. If your good at something, you're sought after. End of story. It's your responsibility to take every challenge, and try your best, because when you're at the top that's what you have to do. If you're as good as you think you are it shouldn't be a problem.

I check on a couple boards regularly and one of them is Ike's because he's a character I'm very interested in, but frankly, this board is a disgrace. All it is is a bunch of little *****es talking about Grand Viper or how great they are with Ike. It probably is just the character, but when I go to TL's forum I see some new techniques, expanding the metagame, productivity; not blatant douchiness. I don't want to say Ike players are generally just obsessed with themselves and their f-smashes, but they kind of are. Respect the game and respect the opponent. Stop thinking so highly of yourself, and just relax and have fun. For God's sake.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
before i start the sig above me is funny as hel l

rok you are a cocky stupid mutha fuker. "If we fight and you do beat me; The odds are that the match isn't of any importance." wtf is wrong with you. if suck just say you do and dont make excuses. and ive seen your matches not impressed at all. i saw better at the gamestop tourney. so shut the *** up with you bull****. other than proving your a complete moron what did you accomplish with this post. and get better art for yor clan it sucks.

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
nuff said, I guess he got the message since he didn't care to post one single reply xd

edit : (ok, one, but it sucked hard xD)

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Poor guy, it's reasons like this I hated being top notch in my old MMO. Hope you got through to some people.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I have this urge to ask you to add my code so I can throttle you.

IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLALALALALALAOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!

What the hedgehog's cookin'!

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I check on a couple boards regularly and one of them is Ike's because he's a character I'm very interested in, but frankly, this board is a disgrace. All it is is a bunch of little *****es talking about Grand Viper or how great they are with Ike. It probably is just the character, but when I go to TL's forum I see some new techniques, expanding the metagame, productivity; not blatant douchiness. I don't want to say Ike players are generally just obsessed with themselves and their f-smashes, but they kind of are. Respect the game and respect the opponent. Stop thinking so highly of yourself, and just relax and have fun. For God's sake.
This is because the Ike boards = the Roy boards of Melee. You probably haven't been around long enough to know what I'm talking about (though, I could be wrong, you might have been lurking), but the Roy boards were also filled with n00bs, who either talked about how awesome they were with Roy, how amazing Roy was (often stating he was better than Marth), and worst of all, asking the same **** questions, and making the same **** threads, as if the search function did not work in the Roy forums. I already see the same issues arising in this forum, thus why I try to keep threads like mine about Match-up discussion on the first page, so that people coming to this board actually have somewhere to go and discuss such things.

Sadly, however, I know in my heart that these boards are doomed to be like Roy's, as the character attracts the same kinds of players, and thus the same kind of mentality in the threads they create, and the posts they write. *Sigh*

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
Say what you want about RoK, but he certainly knows how to put himself out there. Seems to be pretty popular in school.

I'm actually interested in whatever guides hes done about Roy.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
This is because the Ike boards = the Roy boards of Melee. You probably haven't been around long enough to know what I'm talking about (though, I could be wrong, you might have been lurking), but the Roy boards were also filled with n00bs, who either talked about how awesome they were with Roy, how amazing Roy was (often stating he was better than Marth), and worst of all, asking the same **** questions, and making the same **** threads, as if the search function did not work in the Roy forums. I already see the same issues arising in this forum, thus why I try to keep threads like mine about Match-up discussion on the first page, so that people coming to this board actually have somewhere to go and discuss such things.

Sadly, however, I know in my heart that these boards are doomed to be like Roy's, as the character attracts the same kinds of players, and thus the same kind of mentality in the threads they create, and the posts they write. *Sigh*
you're welcome to join the ranks of people who are tournament level with ike but do not go to these boards - there is little to nothing to gain from this place

back when i gave a crap about brawl i ran even with kirk and beat azen a couple times

nobody over the age of 13 gives a flying **** about rOck, and as much as the good players like gaining a name for themselves and/or contributing to the community, it's pretty much impossible with a fanbase like "lol i really like ike he's so cool his forward smash kills my lil bro every time lolololol ike is soooooo awesome"

please make more johns rOck
please make more
just keep going
we all love it
and you
<3

Hostility

Smash Ace
People are still replying to this? Lol. I stated what I wanted and left this thread alone. Seriously people; get some lives.
Lol it's a public thread, we can do whatever the **** we want. Last I heard you were just some lame forum troll, you have no authority.

Hostility

Smash Ace
Everyone knows Hostility sucks compared to my skillz.
I guess me sucking is why I have a reserved section in the official Ike video thread and you don't and why I have the best tournament record of any ike in norcal. Oh wait, that means I'm probably better than you.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
People are still replying to this? Lol. I stated what I wanted and left this thread alone. Seriously people; get some lives.
RoK, that's ********. You're creating a thread only to say people who are replying have no life afterwards? No offence, but something's just not right there.

And I might as well close this, since it's not of any use (not that it's ever been of any use).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom