• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest The Rodent's Den

The Rodent's Den
Posted by King of Hoboz
Something2Do
Thursday, February 4, 2016 - 05:30 PM
Until: Thursday, February 4, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Here's some General Information. If you want to keep up with the Rodent's Den general community, join this Facebook Group

The Fee is $6 ($2 goes towards Venue, $4 towards Cash Pot)

Registration Window:
5:30pm - 6:00pm
Feel free to show up at around 4pm at earliest. This is when our TO begins to arrive.

Schedule:
6:00 - Pools begin
7:00 to 7:30 - Pools end and Double Elimination Bracket begins
10:00 - PM Singles ends and Venue begins to close.

Payouts (X>16):
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Payouts (X<16):
1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

Ruleset
* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Losers/Winners/Grand Finals and Winner's/Loser's Semis are best of 5.
* Items set to “off” and “none.”
* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave’s Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the last stage he won on in a set.
* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
* Buffer set to off.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.
* 2 Stage Bans
* No excessive stalling
* No coaching in the middle of a game.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
* Giga Bowser and Wario Man are banned.

Stagelist:

Neutrals:
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battlefield
Smashville
Deflino's Secret

Counterpicks:
Fountain of Dreams
WarioWare
Yoshi's Island
Distant Planet
Final Destination

How to Stage Strike:
*For Game 1, both players take the 5 neutral stages and remove stages they do not want to go to in a 1-2-1 order.

ex: Player 1 strikes Delfino's Secret, Player 2 then strikes Battlefield and Green Hill Zone, leaving Player 1 to strike Smashville. Therefore, they play on Pokemon Stadium 2.

How to Stage Ban for Game 2/3:
1) After a game, the winner selects 2 stages that the loser is not allowed to select for their stage pick from all 10 stages.
2) The loser selects a stage to go to.
3) The winner selects a character.
4) The loser selects a character.
5) The match starts.

Ranking System
We provide a Ranking System to track your general progress through our tournament series. It takes your strongest 3 placings out of the 4 more recent tournaments. Here is the current Rankings for the Den.

Food:
Within a walking distance, there is: Papa Johns, Fazolis, and Firehouse Subs.
There are plenty of other options within a 1-2 minute drive.

Setups:
Please help us by bringing anything you can to help make this event happen, including: Wiis with Project M 3.6, CRTs, and Extension Cables.
If you only have one of these, please bring it anyway and someone else can pair your Wii/CRT with their own equipment. You -must- bring your own controller.

We record matches for our players to study themselves on this Youtube Channel

BigOlDiddys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Burglor
3DS FC
3797-6455-1660
My friends and I have dabbled into an early smash wii u scene here in louisville, and have started to learn melee competitively. Some of us might be interested in trying this tournament out. I'm curious as to how many people generally show up to these things?

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
My friends and I have dabbled into an early smash wii u scene here in louisville, and have started to learn melee competitively. Some of us might be interested in trying this tournament out. I'm curious as to how many people generally show up to these things?
We have near 16. It's dropped quite a bit from what it use to be, but I'm in the middle of taking measures to promote attendance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom