• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ristar for Smash Support Thread (WIP)

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Ristar.png

Who's Ristar?
Ristar is a platform game developed by Sega released for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. It was a late era Mega Drive game and therefore never got much exposure compared to similar platform games released for the same consoles. The game stars the titular Ristar, an anthropomorphic cartoon star who uses his hands and long, stretchable arms to both move, jump, strech through levels and combat enemies. The game isn't all that well known, but it is generally well recieved and has gained a cult following.

The game plays as a 2D sidescrolling platformer, like the Sonic games, but focusing less on jumping and speed, and more on the use of Ristar's stretchable arms, which can reach in 8 different main directions, which leads to interesting gameplay mechanics and level design. The game is also one of the best looking games on the Genesis.
We need more pure Sega reps, and Ristar is my personal pick, I'm all for obscure platforming mascots and Ristar definitely fits that definition.
}

How would he play?
To be honest, I would've struggled to think of a moveset, but thankfully thats not really a problem because of a little fangame.
Super_Smash_Brothers_Crusade.png

Say what you will about Crusade, but it indeed features unique character additions to the roster that you wouldn't think would work, Ristar being one of them.
His moveset in Crusade is a little awkward in all honesty, but it is still a valiant effort to make Ristar work in a Smash game.

Supporters:
smash puffle (me)
MainJPW
tonygameman

Thanks for reading!​

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I do love Ristar but I really would rather come up with something new for him than use anything from Crusade.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So Ristar, huh? Put me down, he doesn't get enough attention.

Japanese design to counterbalance the western design.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I'll support this for sure! Ristar's like one of my favorite SEGA Genesis classics and their underrated, obscure series overall.

Top Bottom