• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The right mindset against a marth

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Ok im here to tell u the right mind set against a marth. I know some of you have trouble with Marth and the thing is most people how are good with falco are to su u dont have to feel like ur the only 1. The right mind set when ur brawling a marth. the first thing a marth will try to do is get close so he can attack the crap out of u so what you want to do is play keep away and spam that lazer when you see them start to jump u jump to and use the lazer. when they get close to u use the illousion to dash to the other part of the stage do this over and over again till they get to a high percentage this is win u switch your game plan. The next step is to when they get to 90% keep using the lazer but use to get close and thats when u wait for the math to attack the marth is porbly going to use the side b or the n B or a smash attack to be perpared when he does beacuse thats your chance to use a f smash and thats the good mind set.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Please, leave the character discussion to people who...know how a Marth plays. If you're playing against a half-way decent Marth, you will NOT be able to just "camp till 90% and switch tactics." The Marth will predict your phantasm, the marth will perfect shield your lasers, and the Marth will be fast enough to close the distance and hit you while you're attempting to laser. Your strategy will only work against the casual Marth...if that.

Nice try at stimulating discussion, but you're overestimating the value of lasers. The main use of lasers aren't only to build damage, but to limit your opponent's options, to put yourself into a good situation and to set your opponent up for attacks. Lasers are nice to spam, but become less effective against certain opponents. Read some of the character discussion guides for a better idea of how to stand your ground with Marth. I hear this guy named "Emblem Lord" made an entire dicussion on Falco vs Marth. Search for it.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Have you ever even played a good Marth? They're gonna be in your face, you can't help it. Laser as much as possible, by all means. You're still gonna need to get the job done up close, though.

wangston

Smash Lord
I honestly can't fight a marth with my falco, I just can't do it. So that's when I counter pick Captain Falcon, I'm not joking either. No one knows how to fight Falcon so I have the element of surprise, not to mention they will underestimate Falcon. The only thing I have to watch out for is getting fair'd 5 times in a row right off the stage.

Top Bottom