• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return Of Crawl Dashing

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
That's right Crawl dashing is back baby!
ok, in brawl crawl dashing was underwhelming, but keep reading.

If you're not familiar with crawl dashing, it is when you Reverse the momentum of a slide by crawling backwards.

You Slide when you are moving in the Air and Land, and you also Slide after walking. People generally use this slide mechanic for ledge canceling or to slightly improve the range of moves that conserve your momentum.

So the Crawl Dash is base on this little slide. So to find who has the most notable Slide who can also crawl we find teh most notable Crawl Dasher. Is it Luigi again?
Actually it is Diddy Kong!
His Monkey Flip Gives him a ton of momentum, especially if you use the Smash input version instead of the tilt variant.
This gives him a gargantuan Slide, and he also has a Crawl.
So as a result he has an amazing Crawl Dash.

Also I am interested in other characters attacks that conserve the Slide. Taunt, Charging Smashes (but not inherently the smash attack), Standing Grab, item toss, and Spot dodge seem to be universal.

EX. Diddy Kongs Dtilt, Utilt, Dsmash, Usmash, Peanut Popgun, and banana Pull
Mario's Jab, Dtilt, utilt, Cape Conserve the slide

Common Moves that conserve the Slide are Jab, Dtilt, Utilt.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
To resort so freely to cloning? The Organization knows no decency, but take comfort in this development my dear friends! Do not mistake desperation for boldness; we have them on the ropes!

My foresight remains flawless. I have prepared plan Tau-Eighty-Six (Real Version TBA) for just this occasion!

Assistant! To arms!

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Down with the :luigi64::younglinkmelee::pichumelee::ganondorfmelee::falcomelee::roymelee::drmario::lucas::wolf::toonlink::4lucina::4darkpit:'s!!!

Also, isnt Bowser's waveslash based off of this tech?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
To resort so freely to cloning? The Organization knows no decency, but take comfort in this development my dear friends! Do not mistake desperation for boldness; we have them on the ropes!

My foresight remains flawless. I have prepared plan Tau-Eighty-Six (Real Version TBA) for just this occasion!

Assistant! To arms!
They can run away, but that will just make it worse!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Warning Received
I didn't claim i found it, but I felt a thread should be dedicated to it.
Oh yes, we're all sure you had the purest of intentions--right up until you waltzed into the inner sanctuary of my lab donning my own visage (a poor approximation I might add) to hoodwink my privileged companions and plunder our top secret research!

Assistant! Consume the fruit of our research (hint hint) before this scoundrel can report back via some nefarious remote communications device!

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, we're all sure you had the purest of intentions--right up until you waltzed into the inner sanctuary of my lab donning my own visage (a poor approximation I might add) to hoodwink my privileged companions and plunder our top secret research!

Assistant! Consume the fruit of our research (hint hint) before this scoundrel can report back via some nefarious remote communications device!
Good luck getting past the 1% divergence

I did not know of bowsers waveslash, cool. I hope theres more

Last edited:

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
This thread is not only for Characters that have specials that allow them to gain a larger slide, but a general how every character can use the physics engine to their advantage. For example,
  • Its notable to remember that the physics engine allows you to slide and ledge cancel Lag on attacks
  • that It helpful to keep in mind that all Standing Grabs conserve your momentum, modifying its range if you do it while walking or just after you land. This is especially useful for Tomahawking with characters with pitiful Grab range

Last edited:
Top Bottom