• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rebirth of OTL: First Smash for 3DS 16 Man Online Tournament! (CLOSED: CONGRATS JERM!)

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Again, apologies for any inconveniences. Redoing the Challonge brackets took at least for me 10-12 minutes as I had to type the results thus far into a word document and then work from there when I was making the new updated brackets that are reflective of what's happened so far in today's tournament. Anyway, we are getting down to the wire here folks

Remember, the top 4 combatants at the end of the tournament after Grand Finals are done will receive Battle Points for their troubles.

1st Place: 50 BP

2nd Place: 38 BP

3rd Place: 26 BP

4th Place: 14 BP

@ Thizzfface Thizzfface not bad man! :)

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
I beat Wii Food Trainer 3-0.
just so you know, I accidentally had KAB's challonge user name selected even though I listed the match up as Chance 3 and WFT 0. Going to fix this right fast. In any case, you are still going up against TTYK

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
the bracket is messed up, ive already faced and won against jonftl, TPM and luked.

edit-think its fixed!

Last edited:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
the bracket is messed up, ive already faced and won against jonftl, TPM and luked.

edit-think its fixed!
yeah I accidentally goofed up again when I originally edited the bracket KAB1 and Chance were in where KAB1 had supposedly won even though the score was chance 3 and KAB 0 :laugh: Sadly, Challonge doesn't seem to allow at least to the average user the chance to edit your mistakes!

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
yeah I accidentally goofed up again when I originally edited the bracket KAB1 and Chance were in where KAB1 had supposedly won even though the score was chance 3 and KAB 0 :laugh: Sadly, Challonge doesn't seem to allow at least to the average user the chance to edit your mistakes!
ahh i see, no worries m8 :D

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
ahh i see, no worries m8 :D
So how's your matches with TPM coming along?

@ KAB1 KAB1 What were the results?

EDIT: The losers of Loser's round 4 shall face off against each other in a quick best 2 out of 3 match to determine who gets fourth place! That means @ Thizzfface Thizzfface and whoever will NOT be facing off against KAB1 in the loser's semifinals which is @ TPM_23 TPM_23

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
So how's your matches with TPM coming along?

@ KAB1 KAB1 What were the results?

EDIT: The losers of Loser's round 4 shall face off against each other in a quick best 2 out of 3 match to determine who gets fourth place! That means @ Thizzfface Thizzfface and whoever will NOT be facing off against KAB1 in the loser's semifinals
Already beat TPM

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Already beat TPM
I saw on twitch chat, but thanks :)

Okay, fourth place will go to either @ Thizzfface Thizzfface or @ TPM_23 TPM_23 depending on who will win the best 2 out of 3 match. Note: That particular match applies only to them. If neither of them show, the BP prize for fourth (14 BP) will be skipped.

The third place match/spot in Grand Finals against @ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance between @ KAB1 KAB1 and @ Jerm Jerm shall now commence!

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
added you @ KAB1 KAB1 and am now hosting~!

Is your ign Bebbers?

Last edited:

TPM_23

Smash Cadet
I saw on twitch chat, but thanks :)

Okay, fourth place will go to either @ Thizzfface Thizzfface or @ TPM_23 TPM_23 depending on who will win the best 2 out of 3 match. Note: That particular match applies only to them. If neither of them show, the BP prize for fourth (14 BP) will be skipped.

The third place match/spot in Grand Finals against @ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance between @ KAB1 KAB1 and @ Jerm Jerm shall now commence!
Thizzfface beat me 3-1. ggz

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
The bracket has him facing @TTYK, he's still only lost once.
the bracket is actually incorrect as IIRC according to the rules and guidelines in the OP, once you make it to Semifinals in the top bracket, if you lose the match, you get eliminated from the tournament.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
So sorry guys! I got the time completely wrong like an idiot, told myself it started at 1:30 for some reason. Good luck to everyone who's made it this far!!

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
*phew* 5 and a half hours later, this tournament has finished!

@ Sybronx Sybronx timezone maps are your friend :p

@ Jerm Jerm @ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance @ KAB1 KAB1 and @ Thizzfface Thizzfface congratulations on placing in the top 4! Hang on to the PM's I sent you 4 about Battle Points in case I forget that I gave you some or how much I gave you.

Special thanks to @ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance for streaming most of the matches and for saving replays of the last few. If I need your services again in a future tournament, I will PM you. :)

For those who failed to show up (no offense @ Sybronx Sybronx ) or left with little to no explanation (with the exception of @Atomic_Shaymin who left for work related reasons) I want to thank you for that as from now on when I run online tournaments, I shall incorporate a reserves sign up sheet in case I have to deal with no-shows again.

Speaking of my next tournament, I will probably post the details on Monday October 13th though the actual tournament will not be until Oct. 25th as I plan on running tournaments here on OTL bi weekly (basically two tournaments a month). All I'm going to say right now is that it will have a theme to it. Look for a new thread from me in the OTL section of these forums at about roughly in the afternoon on Monday.

Lastly, I'm going to make a Rebirth of OTL results thread in the Tournament Results sub-forum of the Tournaments Forum using the data I posted in the OP, the challonge bracket, and hopefully @ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance replay footage when he gets the chance to upload them. In other words, this particular thread is no longer needed as the tournament has finished. In closing, I want to thank everyone who actually participated in Rebirth of OTL as this was a lot of fun and I learned a thing or two about managing brackets!

SOMEONE WHO IS A MOD FOR OTL OR A SUPER MOD, PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD SO IT CAN DIE IN PEACE!

CrazySolaire

Smash Cadet
Sorry I couldnt play I should have messaged you becuase my brother was home from the miltary and I was spending time with him

Top Bottom