• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The reason you should cast your vote on Silver for the Smash ballot(LAST MONTH FOR THE BALLOT!)

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
No for a fact I take computer programming at school it would only take 3-5 years to make all those characters, and I think I over counted the characters the list:Mario:Daisy, Pokemon:Sceptile, Pokemon Trainer, Xenoblade Chronicles:Dunban, Fire Emblem: Roy, Star Fox: Wolf and Krystal, Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong and King K.Rool, Kid Icarus: Medusa and Viridi, Punch Out: Glass Joe and Mr. Sandman, Legend of Zelda: Impa and Young Link, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: Shauntae, Metroid: Rundas, Sylux, and Ridley, Mother: Ninten, Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers, Konami: Snake, and Bomberman, Megaman: Bass and Zero, Sonic: Knuckles, Tails, Silver, and Metal Sonic,and Bayonetta:Bayonetta

Oh my god please tell me this is a joke.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No for a fact I take computer programming at school it would only take 3-5 years to make all those characters, and I think I over counted the characters the list:Mario:Daisy, Pokemon:Sceptile, Pokemon Trainer, Xenoblade Chronicles:Dunban, Fire Emblem: Roy, Star Fox: Wolf and Krystal, Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong and King K.Rool, Kid Icarus: Medusa and Viridi, Punch Out: Glass Joe and Mr. Sandman, Legend of Zelda: Impa and Young Link, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: Shauntae, Metroid: Rundas, Sylux, and Ridley, Mother: Ninten, Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers, Konami: Snake, and Bomberman, Megaman: Bass and Zero, Sonic: Knuckles, Tails, Silver, and Metal Sonic,and Bayonetta:Bayonetta
I'm going to second everyone else's thoughts and say that this is absolutely unrealistic.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah I know a few stuff about game development: character hitbox, movement, a unique feel to them, move set, combo set, combo prevention, all that
But you don't realize how hard and long it takes to actually make one. Also, balancing issues, testing, etc. It's a lot harder then you think it is.

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
But you don't realize how hard and long it takes to actually make one. Also, balancing issues, testing, etc. It's a lot hard then you think it is.
Oh, snap I forgot about about balancing and testing, yeah all those characters would be made in 8+ years, because I forgot that they test and balance them out
Edit: Now that I think about it only takes like two months to make a character and they're fully able to make multiple, besides I'm pretty sure they want to keep Smash relevant but I realize my list is WAY too big, like Ridley

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
You will be severely disappointed.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I really don't see Silver with a chance considering Sonic is there, and most want Bayonetta as a second Sega rep (I would like Tyris Flare lol). Still if he gets in, he could be something different to Sonic, like psychic powers and such. But maybe Tails, Knuckles and Shadow have more chances.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
I really don't see Silver with a chance considering Sonic is there, and most want Bayonetta as a second Sega rep (I would like Tyris Flare lol). Still if he gets in, he could be something different to Sonic, like psychic powers and such. But maybe Tails, Knuckles and Shadow have more chances.
The problem that I see now with Bayonetta is kids play Smash and are going to want her game, which in and of itself is a big problem, if we got a second SEGA rep not from Sonic it would most likely be Nights, and Shadow is an assist trophy so, there's that

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
What does that have to do with anything? I don't know only Sakurai knows
One of the first things he said before development even started is that he wanted to narrow down the inclusion of third party characters. Adding in multiple characters from a third party company would make the game lose focus on its prime directive of being a NINTENDO all star game. Such loss of focus is already happening with Ryu in the game.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
One of the first things he said before development even started is that he wanted to narrow down the inclusion of third party characters. Adding in multiple characters from a third party company would make the game lose focus on its prime directive of being a NINTENDO all star game. Such loss of focus is already happening with Ryu in the game.
Ryu is DLC, you don't have to buy him, plus Capcom has a s***load of Mii costumes

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sorry, I meant to say how do you vote many times? The laptops of mine are too slow for me to had noticed that. Because this is a reason I vote one per device. Not sure if the IP and ballot region are factors for it. As for Silver, he could be like a blend of Sonic with Mewtwo but not sure how to balance him. Maybe he is Mewtwos psychic powers with Sonic speed but beign too vulnerable.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Oh, God after reading some of my past comments, I realized about the first half of them I sound like a idiot
Sorry, I meant to say how do you vote many times? The laptops of mine are too slow for me to had noticed that. Because this is a reason I vote one per device. Not sure if the IP and ballot region are factors for it. As for Silver, he could be like a blend of Sonic with Mewtwo but not sure how to balance him. Maybe he is Mewtwos psychic powers with Sonic speed but beign too vulnerable.
You basically vote one on a device or you have to consistently change the IP address to vote multiple times

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Oh, God after reading some of my past comments, I realized about the first half of them I sound like a idiot

You basically vote one on a device or you have to consistently change the IP address to vote multiple times
Does going to different places like Starbucks works?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Probably not, I think going in Incognito mode works but I wouldn't recommend cheating
How does it work anyway? From what I was told I understood one could use the same devices on different WiFi places to give brand new votes.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
It's the last for the Ballot guys, don't forget to vote 4

Also in somewhat related news, SEGA is having a Popularity Poll in a tournament bracket style called the SONIC SHOWDOWN. And in the 1st round Silver just about destroyed Cream, in a few weeks he's facing Egghead

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
So let me get this straight. You want me to vote for a character who debuted in a game that nearly killed off the franchise and whose only other playable appearances consists of two tepid handheld games and a bunch of mediocre spin-offs over Tails and Knuckles. I also can't imagine a good reception for Silver from those aren't Sonic fans simply due to Silver's stigma of debuting of Sonic '06.

Yeah I'll pass, sorry.

Nice attempt though.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
So let me get this straight. You want me to vote for a character who debuted in a game that nearly killed off the franchise and whose only other playable appearances consists of two tepid handheld games and a bunch of mediocre spin-offs over Tails and Knuckles. I also can't imagine a good reception for Silver from those aren't Sonic fans simply due to Silver's stigma of debuting of Sonic '06.

Yeah I'll pass, sorry.

Nice attempt though.
Silver is a widely more accepted character and it's not his fault his game sucks, its SEGA deciding to rush the damn thing out

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Silver is a widely more accepted character and it's not his fault his game sucks, its SEGA deciding to rush the damn thing out
Maybe within the Sonic fanbase, but outside of that, I doubt it. It's the way he was portrayed in Sonic '06 that makes a laughing stock to those aren't hardcore Sonic fans And as I said before, even ignoring Sonic '06, his only other playable appearances a bunch of tepid handheld games (talking about the Sonic Rivals games) and a bunch of mediocre spin-offs. Simply put, Sega hasn't given me a reason to like Silver even in those games. But hey, if you like Silver and want him in Smash Bros, well be my guest.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I like Silver. The way he was introduced was a train wreak, but I've grown fond of him. Heck, my friend had some of the Sonic Comics a few years ago, Silver was awesome in those.

Morbi

Scavenger
He sounds interesting; however, I would probably not assert that having people who love him or hate him is a pro. If he has detractors relatively equal to his supporters, that is detrimental to his likelihood in my opinion. Other than that, I had no idea that he was 14 years old, he looks more like 28.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Maybe within the Sonic fanbase, but outside of that, I doubt it. It's the way he was portrayed in Sonic '06 that makes a laughing stock to those aren't hardcore Sonic fans And as I said before, even ignoring Sonic '06, his only other playable appearances a bunch of tepid handheld games (talking about the Sonic Rivals games) and a bunch of mediocre spin-offs. Simply put, Sega hasn't given me a reason to like Silver even in those games. But hey, if you like Silver and want him in Smash Bros, well be my guest.
Well at least he's a meme

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Well at least he's a meme
You know who else is a meme and is a more well-liked Sonic character?

That's right homies, it's Knuckles. :shades:

Well I wish you good luck in getting Silver even if I don't support/want him nor do I think it's ever going to happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom